The Sad Truth Re: GSP v. Diaz

Pessimist_PetePessimist_Pete Posts: 6,673Ultimate
edited November 2011 in UFC
If we look at this match up objectively, a few points become clear:

1. GSP does not want to stand with Diaz. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete ****ing moron. Diaz is the better boxer and he has better combos. This point is not open to debate by any intelligent mma fan.

2. GSP does not want to grapple with Diaz. Diaz is a wizard on the ground. If they start scrambling and jockeying for different positions on the ground, Diaz can and will slap any number submissions on GSP. Diaz has the full bag of tricks - RNC, triangle, arm bar, even a mother ****ing gogoplata (while stoned, and against Gomi biotches).

So what will GSP do in this fight? I'll tell you exactly what he is going to do, and you are not going to like it because it will be very ****ing boring just like all of his fights.

GSP will stay on the outside and throw his jab for as long as Diaz will keep away. If Diaz closes the distance, GSP is going to drop levels and immediately take Diaz down. GSP will then lay on Diaz for a minute or two without trying to do any damage (for fear of opening himself up to a submission). Then, GSP is going to let Diaz back up to his feet or the ref will stand them up.

What will happen next? Read the paragraph immediately above. Here, I'll post it again:
GSP will stay on the outside and throw his jab for as long as Diaz will keep away. If Diaz closes the distance, GSP is going to drop levels and immediately take Diaz down. GSP will then lay on Diaz for a minute or two without trying to do any damage (for fear of opening himself up to a submission). Then, GSP is going to let Diaz back up to his feet or the ref will stand them up.

End of Round 1

What will happen next? Read the paragraph immediately above. Here, I'll post it again:

End of Round 2

GSP will stay on the outside and throw his jab for as long as Diaz will keep away. If Diaz closes the distance, GSP is going to drop levels and immediately take Diaz to the ground. GSP will then lay on Diaz for a minute or two without trying to do any damage (for fear of opening himself up to a submission). Then, GSP is going to let Diaz back up to his feet or the ref will stand them up.

End of Round 3

End of Round 4

End of Round 5

At the end of the fight, all three judges will score it 50-45.

When Rogan interviews GSP, he will apologize about his performance, he will say that Nick Diaz is the toughest opponent ever, and he will dodge any questions relating to Anderson Silva

Sorry but that is the sad truth and all of you know it.

discuss thanx.
Post edited by Pessimist_Pete on
discuss thanx

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    edited August 2011
    Pretty good prediction
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WhiteWasabiWhiteWasabi Posts: 401Banned Users
    edited August 2011
    Yer well if GSP wins, it will be by [spoiler]decision[spoiler], but lets all hope Diaz does Serra on Safe Pierre. :D
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    edited August 2011
    Pete always brings the stone cold truth
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    edited August 2011
    WarWest;2106550 said:
    Pete always brings the stone cold truth
    So you're admitting GSP will win
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    edited August 2011
    Yesterdays_Hero;2106556 said:
    IF GSP wins, that is how he will win
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GovernmentMuleGovernmentMule Posts: 3,588Free
    edited August 2011
    Well, that would be the "safe" prediction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTVl8u9wtMI

Evan Tanner, always remembered.

My girlfriend dumped me for reapers_bane after he finished her by winking at her.<br
  • ButtersworthButtersworth Posts: 581Banned Users
    edited August 2011
    So GSP will fight intelligently and win...sounds good to me :)
  • ItsAboutJusticeItsAboutJustice Posts: 284Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    very solid prediction. diaz is going to win though
    Formerly Tom_McC_11
  • GRANTMFNDIONNEGRANTMFNDIONNE Posts: 121Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    Pessimist_Pete;2106447 said:

1. GSP does not want to stand with Diaz. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete ****ing moron. Diaz is the better boxer and he has better combos. This point is not open to debate by any intelligent mma fan.

2. GSP does not want to grapple with Diaz. Diaz is a wizard on the ground. If they start scrambling and jockeying for different positions on the ground, Diaz can and will slap any number submissions on GSP. Diaz has the full bag of tricks - RNC, triangle, arm bar, even a mother ****ing gogoplata (while stoned, and against Gomi biotches).

So what will GSP do in this fight? I'll tell you exactly what he is going to do, and you are not going to like it because it will be very ****ing boring just like all of his fights.

End of Round 1

End of Round 2

GSP will stay on the outside and throw his jab for as long as Diaz will keep away. If Diaz closes the distance, GSP is going to drop levels and immediately take Diaz to the ground. GSP will then lay on Diaz for a minute or two without trying to do any damage (for fear of opening himself up to a submission). Then, GSP is going to let Diaz back up to his feet or the ref will stand them up.

End of Round 3

End of Round 4

End of Round 5

When Rogan interviews GSP, he will apologize about his performance, he will say that Nick Diaz is the toughest opponent ever, and he will dodge any questions relating to Anderson Silva

discuss thanx.
    yes except that i think he will prolly mix in some randy couture style clinch against the cage. ruff him up and TRY and take some cardio away from diaz because he well be noticebly more uscled the day of the fight. so the physically stronger man is gonna be able to control the fight. which is GSP.

but i think nick diaz is the one guy who will not stop coming after him even if hes getting taken down or pinned against the cage. every fight ive seen of him he never breaks mentally and is looking for a finish, however he can get it.

Expect the beginning of each round to be entertaining cause nicks hands will be in the air while hes calling him a *****. But the WW King GSP should win a UD. But ill be happy either way. :D
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 5,379Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    the thing I like about this fight is that, since GSP's foundation is karate, and Diaz likes to box, there is a good likelihood that GSP will be channeling his inner Machida and pull out a lot of kicks... he doesn't have to worry about Diaz taking him down and he can strike outside of Diaz's punches with roundhouse kicks... at very least, he will damage Diaz's arms and take a lot of the juice out of his boxing, and at best, will connect to Diaz's head when he tries to set up a combo and make him see stars...

once again, I doubt a finish, but that's more on that Nick has only been truly finished once (TKO via cuts don't count imo) but I do think that we can really see GSP fight at his best regardless...
    wanderleisilva101 is the predictions king he told me Aldo would send Edgar crying to BW.

let me tell you how you're feeling right now... my precision is very precise...
    edited August 2011
    Yesterdays_Hero;2106556 said:
    No I'm not. IF GSP wins that's how it will happen
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    edited August 2011
    that or he will outwrestle diaz and pound on him.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

edited August 2011
    i_run_this;2106640 said:
    This is a POSSIBILITY also
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Pessimist_PetePessimist_Pete Posts: 6,673Ultimate
    edited August 2011
    i_run_this;2106640 said:
    He will outwrestle him, that's my whole point. He won't pound him though. He'll be too scared, er, I mean safe.
    discuss thanx
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free
    edited August 2011
    Sounds pretty accurate to me. Well done, Pete.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• omniumomnium Posts: 1,220Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    So what you are saying is Diaz is a dumb fighter because he wont know how to get off his back when GSP puts him there. Everyone knows (including Diaz) that is where Diaz will end up.

Round after round, GSP will take Diaz down and sit on him.

So what will be Diaz's game plan..... He wont have one. Like every other fighter who stands in front of GSP finds out.

Hardy = Im gonna knock him out! Where did he end up? On his back. 50/45
    Koscheck = I will out wrestle him! Where did he end up? Fractured eye socket from jabs. 50/45
    Shields = I will submit him = Where did he end up? On his back 50/45

GSP will do his home work & have a great game plan.
    Nick & Nate will smoke up & plan it themself...

Nick on his back for 4 rounds & jabbed to death for 1 round.

GSP 50/45 & Still UFC champ.
    I do not have a favorite fighter, I just like good fights.
  • LuseFanLuseFan Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    edited August 2011

As was mentioned previously by omnium, GSP is likely to mix some of his karate striking in with the jab. We saw him start doing this with Shields and I see no reason why this would be less effective against Diaz.
    Pessimist_Pete said:
    Wait, getting a submission against a Lightweight who is known as a STRIKER is an accomplishment when Diaz is a Welterweight? Don't count on GSP being outworked on the ground. By anyone. Period.
    Pessimist_Pete said:

discuss thanx.
    Add in GSP will use his karate to set up kicks and we might see some of those overhand rights standing, and GSP will pound Diaz some on the ground, and you've got the thing right.
    GSP wins, Diaz goes to the hospital with a broken orbital.
    I've seen the future of women's MMA, and she knows how to do more than armbar.

FW - The Korean Zombie

LW - The Carpenter

WW - Rush

MW - All-American Stann

LHW - Shogun

HW - Miocic
    edited August 2011
    WarWest;2106635 said:
    No I'm not. IF GSP wins that's how it will happen
    Well you said that PP always brings the truth and he wrote:

End of Round 5

• SpyErSpyEr Posts: 670Free
    edited August 2011
    omnium;2106720 said:
    So what you are saying is Diaz is a dumb fighter because he wont know how to get off his back when GSP puts him there. Everyone knows (including Diaz) that is where Diaz will end up.

So what will be Diaz's game plan..... He wont have one. Like every other fighter who stands in front of GSP finds out.

Koscheck = I will out wrestle him! Where did he end up? Fractured eye socket from jabs. 50/45

Daamn dude you're stupid. Koscheck said that he will knock GSP out. And Shields was taken down like 2 times and it wasn't 50/45.
  • Xtrmf0rceXtrmf0rce Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited August 2011
    They said the same thing about jake shields that gsp wont be able to grapple with him etc.....Look what happend to shields...if u really think about it everyone that they put in front of GSP and said that he wont be able to strike with them grapple wrestle etc....hes beat...maybe not finish all of them but hes won and a win is a win..
    edited August 2011
    Yesterdays_Hero;2106772 said:
    Well you said that PP always brings the truth and he wrote:
    Yeah, and your point is what? Lol!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited August 2011
    WarWest;2106818 said:
    Yeah, and your point is what? Lol!
    That you agreed with what PP said and then you said you don't think Diaz will lose when he clearly said GSP will win 50-45
    edited August 2011
    Xtrmf0rce;2106817 said:
    They said the same thing about jake shields that gsp wont be able to grapple with him etc.....Look what happend to shields...if u really think about it everyone that they put in front of GSP and said that he wont be able to strike with them grapple wrestle etc....hes beat...maybe not finish all of them but hes won and a win is a win..
    GSP did not grapple with Shields. Also, GSP always attacks the weaknesses of his opponents. This is why he did not strike with Alves or Hardy. Your post is incredibly stupid. Please kill yourself.
    discuss thanx
  • Captain_ObvCaptain_Obv Posts: 2,361Banned Users
    edited August 2011
    I think Pete is spot on here. In the build up GSP will say he'll go for the finish but as soon as the fight starts it will be "Jab, run, takedown". Hopefully Diaz can work something off of his back but GSP has got really good BJJ defense and he'll probably take a boring decision as usual.

I just want to see someone take the fight to GSP for once and put him outside his comfort zone. Diaz could give him some trouble standing up but I don't think GSP will let the fight stay there for to long.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    edited August 2011
    Damn, Pete, this is one of your best threads, if not the best. AK level worthy

10/10
    edited August 2011
    omnium;2106720 said:

GSP vs Shields was 48-47, pretty embarassing as Shields is the worst striker in the division
  • ButtersworthButtersworth Posts: 581Banned Users
    edited August 2011
    GSP wins.

Whine, bxtch and moan all you like but that's not going to change with him facing crap competition like Nick Diaz.

End of story :)
    edited August 2011
    ultimatefightingchamp;2108210 said:
    Damn, Pete, this is one of your best threads, if not the best. AK level worthy

10/10
    Let me be clear. I absolutely despise GSP, and I hope Diaz makes him tap. But, this isn't a troll thread bro. It's the sad truth...
    discuss thanx
    edited August 2011
    Buttersworth;2108233 said:
    GSP wins.

Whine, bxtch and moan all you like but that's not going to change with him facing crap competition like Nick Diaz.

End of story :)
    Diaz is legit. He is a Gracie black belt, and an excellent boxer. Learn.
    discuss thanx
    edited August 2011
    Pessimist_Pete;2108240 said:
    Let me be clear. I absolutely despise GSP, and I hope Diaz makes him tap. But, this isn't a troll thread bro. It's the sad truth...
    I know this isn't a troll thread, you refused to join the Nick Diaz hype train, but the way you wrote this thread was awesome, even if you meant it. And you schooled all the GSP fanboys who say he's going to destroy Nick Diaz in the first round

I think Diaz will win but I respect your opinion and if GSP is winning, this will be the way