Ronda Rousey says fighters like GSP are bad for the sport (sort of bashes him)

Comments

• GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free
    edited January 2012
    The Chael Sonnen of women's MMA.
  • TechniqueTechnique Posts: 4,388Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I like her as a fighter, but I think she needs to be taken down a peg or two.
    "Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not."

-Epicurus
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free
    edited January 2012
    I like her she would put me in my place...I like that ****.
  • hasopashahasopasha Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    she is right
    Kazushi Sakuraba*

the art of not backing down
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,011Free
    edited January 2012
    GN_FDU;2436550 said:
    The Chael Sonnen of women's MMA.
    No she has never been submitted, she actually has 4 wins by armbar all in less than a minute i think.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,011Free
    edited January 2012
    Technique;2436551 said:
    I like her as a fighter, but I think she needs to be taken down a peg or two.
    I think she is just being outspoken to bring a little more attention to womens MMA. Nothing wrong with that really.
  • LuseFanLuseFan Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    It's best to have a broad spectrum of personalities in fighters. If most UFC fighters were like Diaz, I guarantee you we wouldn't get to watch a UFC card on Fox Saturday. Diaz is great for the fans who want to see a *********, but if he was the norm it would drive a lot of people away and kill big sponsorship.

And really, GSP's worst fights don't come near Silva's fights. GSP doesn't seem to have the killer aggression he once had, but at least he doesn't dance and run away after winning three rounds on points.
    I've seen the future of women's MMA, and she knows how to do more than armbar.

FW - The Korean Zombie

LW - The Carpenter

WW - Rush

MW - All-American Stann

LHW - Shogun

HW - Miocic
  • mosslesmossles Posts: 3,851Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    LuseFan;2436561 said:
    It's best to have a broad spectrum of personalities in fighters. If most UFC fighters were like Diaz, I guarantee you we wouldn't get to watch a UFC card on Fox Saturday. Diaz is great for the fans who want to see a *********, but if he was the norm it would drive a lot of people away and kill big sponsorship.

And really, GSP's worst fights don't come near Silva's fights. GSP doesn't seem to have the killer aggression he once had, but at least he doesn't dance and run away after winning three rounds on points.
    Are you really saying GSP is more entertaining than Silva? Lawl

Favourite Fighters:

Anderson Silva

Thiago Alves

Overeem

Cain

Mir

Diaz

Machida
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited January 2012
    LuseFan;2436561 said:

lmao!....your basing this off of 1-2 of Silva's fights....What about the other 12 finishes he has in the UFC. he's 14-0 in the UFC with 2 decisions.

GSP is 16-2 in the UFC with 9 decisions ( most come recently.)

I usually stick up for GSP because i do enjoy his fights but compared to Silva he doesn't come close.
    edited January 2012
    GSP vs. Koscheck was far more entertaining than Silva - Maia, or Silva - Cote, or Silva - Leites.
    I just think it's funny that she singles GSP out and criticizes one fight and naturally this video finds its way onto BJPenn.com

I digress...

My point about GSP and Silva is that there are times a fighter doesn't have an exciting fight, and focusing on one fight of a fighter's is silly.
    This girl should worry more about her upcoming fight with Tate, since Tate will be her first opponent with more than four fights of quality experience.

FW - The Korean Zombie

LW - The Carpenter

WW - Rush

MW - All-American Stann

LHW - Shogun

HW - Miocic
  • h93h93 Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    its weird how all of a sudden every1 hates gsp, all hes done is dominate every infront of him,
    hes one of the nicest lads in the sport with probably the biggest fanbase,
    im no gsp fanboy btw im from england not canada lol
    if any1 can beat him itll be nick diaz.
    edited January 2012
    LuseFan;2436567 said:
    GSP vs. Koscheck was far more entertaining than Silva - Maia, or Silva - Cote, or Silva - Leites.
    I just think it's funny that she singles GSP out and criticizes one fight and naturally this video finds its way onto BJPenn.com

I digress...

My point about GSP and Silva is that there are times a fighter doesn't have an exciting fight, and focusing on one fight of a fighter's is silly.
    This girl should worry more about her upcoming fight with Tate, since Tate will be her first opponent with more than four fights of quality experience.
    Silva has the most Fight Bonus in the UFC, unless Lytle passed him on his last event. GSP only gets bonus's when its fan voting and the UFC is in Montreal. Speaks tons right there.

Also, Maia fight was much more entertaining then Koscheck. Cote doesn't really count as we didn't get to see a finish due to injury, and Leites... That one is Leites fault for being a complete *****.
    Favourite Fighters:

Anderson Silva

Thiago Alves

Overeem

Cain

Mir

Diaz

Machida
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    edited January 2012
    LMAO

GSP is such a *****

You got a girl that has only 4 pro fights under her belt talking **** LoL

But then again she has 4 first round finishes so I figure it gives her the right to talk ****
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited January 2012
    mossles;2436573 said:
    Silva has the most Fight Bonus in the UFC, unless Lytle passed him on his last event. GSP only gets bonus's when its fan voting and the UFC is in Montreal. Speaks tons right there.

Also, Maia fight was much more entertaining then Koscheck. Cote doesn't really count as we didn't get to see a finish due to injury, and Leites... That one is Leites fault for being a complete *****.
    You're missing the point. Silva has 8 bonuses from 5 fights. GSP has 3 bonuses from 3 fights. (btw, Lytle won 10 bonuses from 9 fights)
    Add in that these bonuses are carrot and stick tools usually left in Dana's hands, could easily argue a fan vote is a better gauge of who was more entertaining. Could extrapolate that into who gets more buys when headlining is more entertaining.

The point is what some people find entertaining, others don't and vice versa. I personally found Silva's clowning against Maia disgusting. His lack of will to engage Leites was disappointing and not taking the fight to Cote was curious. Combine these fights and it's clear that Silva at times doesn't wan't to bother fighting, while GSP has never refused to continue fighting when he was able.

btw, you and others jumping to defend Silva is exactly my point...criticizing a fighter's total body of work for a few fights is absurd.

FW - The Korean Zombie

LW - The Carpenter

WW - Rush

MW - All-American Stann

LHW - Shogun

HW - Miocic
  • ShullfinnShullfinn Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    I don't hate GSP. I think he is a good ambassador for the sport. However, many of his fights are a little boring...
  • serb-1serb-1 Posts: 5,538Free
    edited January 2012
    LuseFan;2436583 said:
    You're missing the point. Silva has 8 bonuses from 5 fights. GSP has 3 bonuses from 3 fights. (btw, Lytle won 10 bonuses from 9 fights)
    Add in that these bonuses are carrot and stick tools usually left in Dana's hands, could easily argue a fan vote is a better gauge of who was more entertaining. Could extrapolate that into who gets more buys when headlining is more entertaining.

The point is what some people find entertaining, others don't and vice versa. I personally found Silva's clowning against Maia disgusting. His lack of will to engage Leites was disappointing and not taking the fight to Cote was curious. Combine these fights and it's clear that Silva at times doesn't wan't to bother fighting, while GSP has never refused to continue fighting when he was able.

btw, you and others jumping to defend Silva is exactly my point...criticizing a fighter's total body of work for a few fights is absurd.
    yea fans definitely are a better gauge... i mean wasn't GSP vs Kos 2 the best fight on UFC 124?
    edited January 2012
    LuseFan;2436583 said:

Sorry GSP only has 2 bonus, his 3rd don't count. Fan voting for FOTN on that card is a complete joke and wasn't earned.

Also, Silva reacts to criticism and when he has a bad fight usually makes up for it pretty quickly. Where as GSP has had 4 snoozers in a row. And they've gotten worst each time. Especially against 1 dimensional fighters when he is supposed to be Mr. complete.

Do you hear fighters criticizing Silva for being boring? Nope

Do you hear fighters criticizing GSP for being boring? Daily... Common, it's pretty bad when fighters no longer call him rush but greasesafepierre.
    Favourite Fighters:

Anderson Silva

Thiago Alves

Overeem

Cain

Mir

Diaz

Machida
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    edited January 2012
    I think GSP try's to finish fights. But at the same time Diaz isn't beating GSP. No chance.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    edited January 2012
  • ECRobECRob Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited January 2012
    Rousey trains with the Diaz brothers...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    edited January 2012
    I kind of figured that we would have GSP fanboys rushing to defend him. However, I would suugest that people actually consider what she has said because there is alot of truth in it. Point fighting is a blight on the sport. Five or three round one-sided decisions are not going to bring in new fans to MMA and will more than likely hurt the sport as a whole.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

edited January 2012
    waikru;2436614 said:
    I kind of figured that we would have GSP fanboys rushing to defend him. However, I would suugest that people actually consider what she has said because there is alot of truth in it. Point fighting is a blight on the sport. Five or three round one-sided decisions are not going to bring in new fans to MMA and will more than likely hurt the sport as a whole.
    Well Said
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited January 2012
    WarWest;2436616 said:
    Well Said
    Don't call it a sport if you want a bar fight
    edited January 2012
    ECRob;2436618 said:
    Well said, people forget it's Mixed Martial Arts. GSP is p4p the greatest Mixed Martial Artist.

Koscheck's broken orbital bone and Dan Hardy getting his arms practically ripped off looked like attempts at finishes in my book, so the whole "Not Trying", or "Won't Try" is what disturbs me personally...
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    edited January 2012
    ECRob;2436618 said:
    Don't call it a fight, if you just want to score points.

"Believe in the beard"

edited January 2012
    Keem;2436619 said:
    Well said, people forget it's Mixed Martial Arts. GSP is p4p the greatest Mixed Martial Artist.

Koscheck's broken orbital bone and Dan Hardy getting his arms practically ripped off looked like attempts at finishes in my book, so the whole "Not Trying", or "Won't Try" is what disturbs me personally...
    Lets not exaggerate. He performed the armbar on Hardy incorrectly. Thats why he didn't tap and this is also the reason why he hasn't finished anybody in a while. As far as you P4P statement, nobody has GSP as being #1 P4P anymore.

"Believe in the beard"

• Big_Roy_FanBig_Roy_Fan Posts: 6,601Banned Users
    edited January 2012
    fighters like rousey are bad to have as a wife,

i mean on fight night who is gonna make him (her husband) a sandwich?

Lol and don't get offended just a harmless joke
    HW: JDS, Roy Nelson

LHW: Jones, Rampage

MW:: Bisping, Sonnen

WW:GSP, Kos

LW: Frankie, Stout

FW: Hominick

BW: Cruz, Jorgenson

FW:Mighty Mouse
    edited January 2012
    waikru;2436622 said:
    Don't call it a fight, if you just want to score points.
    How do you score points?? certainly not by hiding under the octagon? He is in there kicking butt and taking names. Then walks out with the WW Belt, why can't his oponnets do a better job?
    edited January 2012
    ECRob;2436618 said:
    LoL!!!

Did I say I want a bar fight?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited January 2012
    waikru;2436627 said:
    Lets not exaggerate. He performed the armbar on Hardy incorrectly. Thats why he didn't tap and this is also the reason why he hasn't finished anybody in a while. As far as you P4P statement, nobody has GSP as being #1 P4P anymore.
    1.) I don't care if it was performed "incorrectly." Performing equals trying to make Hardy "TAP" which, should equal "Attempt at a finish." you know? Same for Koscheck's "BROKEN" eye socket.

2.) My p4p list maybe different from other's, but I look at how an individuals style matches up against different fighters despite the weight class. GSP has the "ALL AROUND" most versatile, and elite level style and techniques which equals p4p in my book. No ones gotta agree with that, but understand that is what this individual feels...

Megumi Fuji