Why is Koscheck wasting his career?

bssitebssite Posts: 1,078Registered Users
edited December 2012 in UFC
Robbie Lawler? Really? I really believe Koscheck is on the level or better than Macdonald, diaz, Condit etc and he's been fighting bums..minus Hendricks. Him vs gsp 3 would sell if he was actually taking his career seriously and fighting these guys who matter.
Post edited by bssite on
Don't ask about the name...id change it if i could

Comments

• Tapped2strikesTapped2strikes Posts: 2,052Free
    edited December 2012
    He lost decisively to the champion. He shouldn't be able to get a rematch in only a few fights.

I don't see why he shouldn't be half way down the ladder.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,675Free
    edited December 2012
    GSP vs Kos 3 WOULD NOT sell, I repeat, WOULD NOT sell

Unless Kos can get 3 or 4 devastating finishes in a row he WILL NOT get a title shot as long as GSP is champ

Blee Dat
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Rule_abiding_posterRule_abiding_poster Posts: 3,382Banned Users
    edited December 2012
    fighting gsp for a 3rd time would no doubt make him in both eyes this time and spark the end of his career.
    JDS | REEM | SHOGOD | MACHIDA | WEIDMAN | BELFORT | COSTA | SILVA | SANCHEZ | DIAZ | MAIA | PETTIS | CERRONE | ALDO

Things Anderson is most scared of:

Weidman.

fighting fair.

not greasing.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    edited December 2012
    Rule_abiding_poster;3006884 said:
    fighting gsp for a 3rd time would no doubt make him in both eyes this time and spark the end of his career.
    or move up:D
  • Rule_abiding_posterRule_abiding_poster Posts: 3,382Banned Users
    edited December 2012
    JohnnyZadar;3006887 said:
    or move up:D
    yeah, if gsp's standup makes him blind in 1 eye just imagine what silva's striking will do to him! :p
    JDS | REEM | SHOGOD | MACHIDA | WEIDMAN | BELFORT | COSTA | SILVA | SANCHEZ | DIAZ | MAIA | PETTIS | CERRONE | ALDO

Things Anderson is most scared of:

Weidman.

fighting fair.

not greasing.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    edited December 2012
    Rule_abiding_poster;3006891 said:
    yeah, if gsp's standup makes him blind in 1 eye just imagine what silva's striking will do to him! :p
    that fight would never happen:D
  • TallStuffTallStuff Posts: 178Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    IMHO Lawler is a viable opponent for anyone in the top 10 - 7 of the WW division. Elite fighters maybe not, but he's got a strong wrestling base and throws certified dynamite at people.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    edited December 2012
    ehh, should be a fun fight
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    edited December 2012
    WarWest;3006880 said:

Unless Kos can get 3 or 4 devastating finishes in a row he WILL NOT get a title shot as long as GSP is champ

Blee Dat
    This, Kos beats 95% of the division, and gets dominated by the other 5%. He'll never hold or even be considered for a belt as long as GSP runs the division.

Also, since when did me and WarWest agree on stuff? I thought the world didn't end:p.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    edited December 2012
    Kos should drop to LW, GSP said it would be easy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited December 2012
    Galvanik;3006939 said:
    This, Kos beats 95% of the division, and gets dominated by the other 5%. He'll never hold or even be considered for a belt as long as GSP runs the division.

Also, since when did me and WarWest agree on stuff? I thought the world didn't end:p.
    We always agree on stuff man

I don't understand!?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    edited December 2012
    carnages41;3006941 said:
    Kos should drop to LW, GSP said it would be easy
    off topic, but if Michael Johnson wins this weekend he goes 4-0
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    edited December 2012
    Fighting bums?

Mike Pierce is legit, he's just had some tough losses
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • NogeraIsBrazilNogeraIsBrazil Posts: 199Free
    edited December 2012
    bssite;3006876 said:
    Robbie Lawler? Really? I really believe Koscheck is on the level or better than Macdonald, diaz, Condit etc and he's been fighting bums..minus Hendricks. Him vs gsp 3 would sell if he was actually taking his career seriously and fighting these guys who matter.
    Kos tried to move up to MiddleWeight. White said, "No". Protect that cash cow White...It's finally catching up today. Been waiting years for people to realize it.
    edited December 2012
    _Josh_;3006954 said:
    off topic, but if Michael Johnson wins this weekend he goes 4-0
    No he doesn't

He would be gay-0
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • mtlmtl Posts: 522Free
    I dont mind Kos vs Lawler, Kos might get hard headed again to prove a point and stand, and Im not saying he has no chance of winning ther
    stand up, but he has a better chance grinding it out for a tko...I think...Either way, Kos for the win... By KO in the first minute I hope ;)
    -Cerrone

-"Smooth"Henderson

-Johnny Bones Jones

-GSP

-Nate Diaz

-Munoz

-Struve

-Lauzon
    -Cerrone

-"Smooth"Henderson

-Johnny Bones Jones

-GSP

-Nate Diaz

-Munoz

-Struve

-Lauzon
    is he wearing gloves?
    -Cerrone

-"Smooth"Henderson

-Johnny Bones Jones

-GSP

-Nate Diaz

-Munoz

-Struve

-Lauzon
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free
    Mangasm said:

Fighting bums?

Mike Pierce is legit, he's just had some tough losses

Yep, Pierce is a great WW. sure, his style isn't amazing but he's legit for sure.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    lawler shouldnt even be in the ufc hes gonig to get back to back losses and so would manhoef if he ever came to ufc.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    PunchBag said:

lawler shouldnt even be in the ufc hes gonig to get back to back losses and so would manhoef if he ever came to ufc.

i could see not wanting lawler in there but anyone who doesn't want to see Manhoef fight is nuts.

Idc if he went on a 20 fight losing streak in the UFC, id still want him with the organization. Dude's a beast of entertainment.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Koscheck has lost a lot of confidence,to me it looks like he is just going through the motions.He used to feel he was a badboy and a big name but now he realizes he is a non factor.
    I don't know what he can do to ignite the fire under him.He said it best in that in his stand up routine,he said it would be nice if GSP retired or moved up.As long as GSP is there he knows he won't be Champion.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    he knows he wont get another title shot he means, guys had 2 and both were dull so the chances of him being matched with gsp again are slim to none.
    "Believe in the beard"

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    I don't get why fighters don't take easy fights more often. A lot of these guys have insane skills, but their records suck only because they constantly fight the number 2 or 3 ranked guy in the world
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    zaksame said:

Koscheck has lost a lot of confidence,to me it looks like he is just going through the motions.

agree...he's one of those guys that are extremely skilled but starts to settle on the fact that they prob can't get a belt...he'd def be champ in any other organization, but i'm sure it wouldn't be the same as winning a UFC belt
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    im actually excited for this fight there going to bring it
  • UDONNOUDONNO Posts: 451Free
    WarWest said:

Blee Dat

Completely agree!! Please GOD there should NOT be a GSP vs KOS 3......what the hell for....complete waste of time. The only positive from this fight, is for KOS to make some great money, but no entertainment value at all!!!

i can see him getting another shot at the title once gsp retires/looses and theres a new champ, but until then he has no real purpose at ww.
    "Believe in the beard"

• DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    Matt Hughes is the No. 2 All-Time Welterweight, Mike Pierce is one of the toughest guys in the weight class (even if no one knows it), and he came real close to beating Hendricks, you could even argue he won that fight. Assuming he's still in his prime, he's going to destroy Robbie Lawler, and I see him being the one to derail Demian Maia's run to the top.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I think Kos wins just by setting up his leg kicks and hi-kicks w/ punches and keeping his hands up. I'm guessing Lawler doesn't want Kos on top, so he may be reluctant to let his kicks and knee go. Lawler may go for elbows in the tie ups and box n' brawl. I see Lawler utilizing the uppercut, overhand rights, ya know, the KO punches an stuff to get the job done. It'd be interesting to see Lawler get into a title contention with an unset win since Koscheck's title shot status is all but non-existent in all due seriousness.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*