edited December 2012 in UFC
[CENTER]image

[CENTER]imageimage[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Post edited by TUF1_ on

Comments

• Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    edited December 2012
    this ^^
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,657Free
    edited December 2012
    Edgar doesn't have a belt
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    edited December 2012
    Aldo is gonna wreck him!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    edited December 2012
    edgar is not a champ...its not a superfight...

and aldo will WRECK edgar...
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim
  • CoreyflippCoreyflipp Posts: 3,723Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    Edgar will expose Aldo all day. Aldo isn't some god, he has power but his striking isn't that god damn good.
    edited December 2012
    mmafan73;3000563 said:

This ^^^

Superfight does not involve a fighter on a 2 fight losing streak
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    edited December 2012
    Epic. WAR EDGAR!!!!
    Believe in Beard
    edited December 2012
    Coreyflipp;3000568 said:
    Edgar will expose Aldo all day. Aldo isn't some god, he has power but his striking isn't that god damn good.
    Maynard rocked Edgar in both there recent fights and he is pretty much just a boxer as far as striking whereas Aldo is diverse knees, head kicks, elbows all that ****. imo if Edgar wants to win he will need to use his wrestling.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    edited December 2012
    TUF1;3000579 said:

You were saying??
    theres a difference...

those guys are legends....frankie isnt
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    edited December 2012
    TUF1;3000590 said:
    none of those fights were title fights nor were any of them coming off BS decisions for the belt. Champ vs People's Champ

and Frankie defended his belt as many times as Rich.
    Frankie and Rich are both not legends.

edited December 2012
    TUF1;3000579 said:

You were saying??
    Not superfights ^^^

You were saying?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited December 2012
    TUF1;3000596 said:
    Also that wasn't the point

warwest said that no superfights involved fighters on 2 fight losing streaks and i gave 3
    No you didn't

Those aren't superfights
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited December 2012
    TUF1;3000617 said:
    post 3 fights that are more super than this. Pride #2 GOAT and Strikeforce LHW title holder moving up to fight Pride #1 Goat

you were saying?

That's the only one of the 3 that you posted that could even come close to being considered that

But it's not so.............

UFC wise there has been 1 superfight

Penn vs GSP
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited December 2012
    PATSTER;3000633 said:
    LoL

**** that!

Joe B. 1,2,5 mother****ers!!!!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    edited December 2012
    At least 1 super fight is going down. If Aldo wins he should move up and take Frankie's title from Benson.
    edited December 2012
    PATSTER;3000636 said:
    And Edgar vs. Aldo is most def a superfight

Can't wait
    No

And I don't even lift
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    edited December 2012
    wanderleisilva101;3000580 said:
    maynard rocked edgar in both there recent fights and he is pretty much just a boxer as far as striking whereas aldo is diverse knees, head kicks, elbows all that ****. Imo if edgar wants to win he will need to use his wrestling.
    sometimes a good boxer beats a good kickboxer nate vs donald taught us that.edgars level of competition is very high too ,lw is stacked.he has experience in big fights and his footwork is gonna give aldo some problems, i think this fight could be epic,why people just keep underestimating this guy -who knows.frankie loes being the underdog .honestly did anyone actually expect him to win the 1st penn fight,and then he dominated the lw goat in the 2nd
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    1 of your pics is a superfight...only 2 fights comes to mind...that would be considered a superfight...Penn vs GSP and Fedor vs Hendo
    edh1 said:

wanderleisilva101;3000580 said:
    maynard rocked edgar in both there recent fights and he is pretty much just a boxer as far as striking whereas aldo is diverse knees, head kicks, elbows all that ****. Imo if edgar wants to win he will need to use his wrestling.
    sometimes a good boxer beats a good kickboxer nate vs donald taught us that.edgars level of competition is very high too ,lw is stacked.he has experience in big fights and his footwork is gonna give aldo some problems, i think this fight could be epic,why people just keep underestimating this guy -who knows.frankie loes being the underdog .honestly did anyone actually expect him to win the 1st penn fight,and then he dominated the lw goat in the 2nd

True but Maynard is not on Aldo's level of striking Frankie isn't gonna outstrike him imo.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    TUF1 said:

1 of your pics is a superfight...only 2 fights comes to mind...that would be considered a superfight...Penn vs GSP and Fedor vs Hendo

those pics were examples of fights with one of the fighters coming off 2 losses. Anderson/Forrest was a super fight imo.
    Silva vs Forrest?...MW champ fighting former LHW champ at 205?...i agree...though sadly(Forrest)...lol
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    Frankie doesn't have a belt now, but he will after tomorrow night.
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    MattN said:

Yeah, a belt holding up his leg while he's laying in a hospital bed where an hour prior they had to re-attach it to his body after Aldo kicked it off.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
    edited February 2013
    TUF1 said:

MattN said:

pssh my only concern for Aldo is if ed_goat (GSP_over_Silva) drops him when he's crowd surfing again after knocking out his boy
    Hahaha.
    Post edited by FroZeN on
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    It WAS a superfight a year ago. Let's be honest tho, superfights should only happen when both fighters completely cleaned out their divisions. Aldo qualifies, but Edgar wasn't even close to cleaning out the division. Aldo/Bendo could be a superfight if Bendo wins about 4 more fights convincingly. The only other super fights possible are GSP/Silva and Silva/Jones
    TUF1 said:

Sisti said:

It WAS a superfight a year ago. Let's be honest tho, superfights should only happen when both fighters completely cleaned out their divisions. Aldo qualifies, but Edgar wasn't even close to cleaning out the division. Aldo/Bendo could be a superfight if Bendo wins about 4 more fights convincingly. The only other super fights possible are GSP/Silva and Silva/Jones

i respectfully disagree. By your standards then BJ/GSP 2 wasn't a super fight because Penn had only defended his belt like once before taking the GSP fight.
    I respectfully agree with your disagreement. These standards are insane.

If they are champions in separate divisions, it will more than likely be dubbed a superfight. No questions asked...unless it involves Flighty Mouse.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    mmafan73 said:

Edgar dethroned the LHW G.O.A.T. as an underdog then dominated in the rematch.NOBODY THOUGHT HE HAD A HOPE IN HELL.Ruled a division he shouldn't even be in.Most people believe he beat the current champ , who is dominating the division now.Champ or no champ he's among the top 10 fighters in the WORLD.This is as close to a superfight as we may see in a long long time.People just keep underestimating this guy over and over again.REGARDLESS OF WEATHER HE BEAT BENDO OR NOT,THE FIGHT WAS SO CLOSE.HE STILL HAS THE SKILLS AND HEART OF A CHAMP.seriously who has a better shot against Aldo than Edgar.Aldo is so explosive but because of his weightcutting has had cardio issues in the later rounds, that alone makes Edgar a threat if the fight goes into deep waters.I just don't understand how a fan could not be excited for this fight.Both guys are amazing fighters.ALDO IS MORE DYNAMIC.BUT Edgar has that never say die attitude,AND HAS A HUGE HEART,AND HUGE GAS TANK........ BUT WHAT IS ALDO'S HEART LIKE, CAN HE TAKE A PUNCH, HOW DOES HE PERFORM IN A PRESSURE SITUATION, HE REALLY HASN'T BEEN CHALLENGED YET.I LIKE ALDO EARLY IN THE FIGHT ,BUT IF IT GOES LONGER EDGAR MIGHT PULL OFF THE UD.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium
    edited February 2013
    TUF1 said:

Looks like Fedor has a ball peen hammer for a right hand. Too bad hendo's got a chin like an anvil.

Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,213Free
    TUF1 said:

those pics were examples of fights with one of the fighters coming off 2 losses. Anderson/Forrest was a super fight imo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner