Comments

• BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by Birdhound on
  • Bezerker101Bezerker101 Posts: 1,603Free
    Fedor would have some inside info on this, he is the President of the Russian MMA Union
    and staff member of Russia's Council of Physical Fitness & Sports -
  • GoGoPlataPusGoGoPlataPus Posts: 365Free
    The only way people really care if it goes to Russia is if Fedor DOES fight. Other than that...who cares if it does go to Russia?

Having said that I can't see Fedor fighting either. I agree with Birdhound though in terms of Dana's desire to make money. Fedor fighting in the UFC is about as likely as someone coming off a loss and getting a big money title fight... =)

The only way people really care if it goes to Russia is if Fedor DOES fight. Other than that...who cares if it does go to Russia?

Having said that I can't see Fedor fighting either. I agree with Birdhound though in terms of Dana's desire to make money. Fedor fighting in the UFC is about as likely as someone coming off a loss and getting a big money title fight... =)

I don't see Fedor fighting under any circumstances, maybe Alex gets a 1 fight deal ...
    but after being submitted (in Russia) by Monson last Nov, I doubt that also -

• JuzieJuzie Posts: 3,880Free

Russia/Eastern Europe has the best talent pool out of all the places that the UFC doesn't go too. It would be the best place to head next. As for Fedor fighting on the card.... well id rather he just stayed retired, he's way past his prime at this point... his run in the UFC would probably look a lot like his fellow Pride fighters runs in the UFC.
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Juzie said:

Russia/Eastern Europe has the best talent pool out of all the places that the UFC doesn't go too. It would be the best place to head next. As for Fedor fighting on the card.... well id rather he just stayed retired, he's way past his prime at this point... his run in the UFC would probably look a lot like his fellow Pride fighters runs in the UFC.
    I'd really love to see Eastern Europe and Russia flooded by the UFC soon and then the Middle East and India from there Central Asia will follow which has a lot of the best wrestlers in the world. Then they should definitely travel East to Thailand and pick up more Asian fighters in places like the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia then they should definitely start tackling Africa starting with South Africa and working their way up all the way to Egypt and Morocco. I don't want Mixed Martial Arts to turn out like boxing where your popularity is dependent on your nationality it kind of makes me sick. Fighting is something we all do and its inside all of us, I think it's one of the rawest exciting sports ever and most beautiful forms of art it has nothing to do with what you look like or what country you are from.

The UFC has a lot of work to do, but it'd be good for them to touch down everywhere in the world in a general sense. Hopefully we see other promotions continue to do this too One FC and Bellator have been doing a good job snatching all the talent out of the Asian Countries the UFC hasn't attempted and Russia, but still there's a lot more ground to tread I'd like to think MMA will not be rural to any country within the next decade.
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Fedor isn't coming to the UFC
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free

Russia is full of prospects, I'd love to see it go there even without Fedor.
  • GoGoPlataPusGoGoPlataPus Posts: 365Free
    I doubt Fedor is ever fighting again as well...I was just pointing out though I would not put it past Dana to try and lure him into one more match. Russia may very well have prospects but that means little to me just for the fact that if they are that good they can make it to the UFC without an event actually taking place there. I view an event in Russia with about as much enthusiasm as I do for one in India or the Philippines or where ever ...it's cool that they are going there but I am not exactly overwhelmed either. I care more about the card then the location.
  • CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    fedor is the guy the beat jones put the damn icecream down fatty and stop being a scared little ****
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    i forgot about sonnen and hendo sonnen will beat jones and then hendo sonnen P4P greatest
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • Mr_MousasiMr_Mousasi Posts: 547Free
    Fedor has 0 desire to fight again. He does however play an important role as an ambassador for mma in Russia. President of the mma union, Council of Physical Fitness and sports member appointed by Putin and helped make mma an official sport in Russia. Its obvious without any doubt that if the ufc wants to get into the Russian market they will have to work with Fedor in some type of capacity. Fedor and Putin's relationship is well documented. Can you imagine if Putin and Fedor showed up ringside? Good publicity for the ufc.
    I, Mr_Mousasi, am a loser thanks to Mr_Mousasi.

...and Alan Belcher
  • JWash00JWash00 Posts: 539Free
    edited January 2013
    I don't see a UFC event in Russia happening anytime soon tbh.

"UFC desires an event in Russia" <--- but it don't mean that its gonna happen lol.

There's too many factors that will plague this event from happening.

Ex: Putin, Fedor & company, M1-Global, Russian mob/politicians/businessmen, Russian talent to showcase, airtime (when to air the fight worldwide). . . Probably other unknown factors.

I hope I'm wrong because Russia & surrounding countries have a growing talent pool of fighters.
    Post edited by JWash00 on
  • TinychatBtarrdzTinychatBtarrdz Posts: 451Free
    Why not have a UFC in Russia with Fedor fighting at only that single event?
    text
  • D_CatoD_Cato Posts: 786Registered Users
    I doubt Fedor ever fights, but if he does it should be against Couture. I bet Couture would come out of retirement for that fight. It should be a co-main event though put a big fight that would be a war in the main event.
    WAR! Nelson, Vitor, Rampage, Sonnen, Hendo
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    D_Cato said:

I doubt Fedor ever fights, but if he does it should be against Couture. I bet Couture would come out of retirement for that fight. It should be a co-main event though put a big fight that would be a war in the main event.

Garcia vs Siler as the main event
  • Couture turns 50 years old in June if he does fight would be against a Fedor who is 36 against fedor. Fedor vs JDS or Cain i want to see or Brock
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    Birdhound said:

The only thing bigger than Dana's desire to make money is his ego, so i can't see it.

a lot of truth there
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,836Free
    Birdhound said:

Fedor will never fight in the UFC IMO. Aside from the fact he has retired, his management is impossible to deal with and Dana would never let it happen anyway. Dana has spent so long calling Fedor a joke that if he did fight and win in the UFC Dana would look like (even more of) a tool. The only thing bigger than Dana's desire to make money is his ego, so i can't see it. As far as a UFC event in Russia is concerned, i would be very surprised.

^^^

/Thread
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Why not have a UFC in Russia with Fedor fighting at only that single event?

Combat Sambo exhibition > Fedor vs Sidelnikov (Baby Fedor)

• SwafenSwafen Posts: 146Ultimate
    Any MMA fans know that Russia is full of high level Sambo practioners! A card in Russia would be historic for the country & for MMA globally
  • IndigoflexxxIndigoflexxx Posts: 37Free
    Birdhound said:

Fedor will never fight in the UFC IMO. Aside from the fact he has retired, his management is impossible to deal with and Dana would never let it happen anyway. Dana has spent so long calling Fedor a joke that if he did fight and win in the UFC Dana would look like (even more of) a tool. The only thing bigger than Dana's desire to make money is his ego, so i can't see it. As far as a UFC event in Russia is concerned, i would be very surprised.

Fighters come out of retirement... Fedor isn't under M-1 anymore... Dana also insulted EA Sports for a while and is now under contract with them for the next UFC game... Dana does have an ego but his desire for money is bigger then his ego and has gone back on his word many times to make money.. Most recent being women in the UFC. I would love to see Fedor fight even once in the UFC and there are 2-3 fighters I can see him having a good fight against.

• BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by Birdhound on