Brian Foster: "I Belong in the UFC"

WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1468459-brian-foster-i-deserve-to-be-in-the-ufc

The UFC really needs to pick up Brian Foster again. He is healthy and has the paperwork to prove it!

To the people who don't know he has been through a lot of set backs the past few years. He went 3-2 in the UFC and was riding a 2 fight winning streak before being medically released. He took home a KOTN over Forrest Petz then submitted Matt Brown in his last 2 fights. Then he got injured multiple times and was medically released by the UFC.

He was cleared to fight again and the UFC said they would take him back after a couple fights in smaller promotions. He finished 2 guys but after they said it was too much of liability to take him back. He most recently won a TUF type show in Mexico a couple of months ago.

It would be awesome to see him back in the UFC. He is one of my favorite fighters and one of the most exciting fighters in the sport. I really hope they pick him up again. He is a kill or be killed type fighter and all of his fights are wars. I highly recommend watching his fight with Matt Brown if you can find it. It's such an awesome fight
Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
WBW - Cat Zingano
FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka

Comments

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    no offence...but i Hate Dear ABBEY LETTERS,,,especially FROM A FIGHTER...END THREAD
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    edited January 2013

no offence...but i Hate Dear ABBEY LETTERS,,,especially FROM A FIGHTER...END THREAD

He is letting everybody know how he really feels...there is no problem with that. He was medically released and is now healthy and ready to return to the UFC.
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • Plus he has barely talked about everything that's happened. It's not like he's saying oh feel sorry for me and let me back in the UFC. He's been taking it like a man and deserves to let everyone know what's been going on and what he wants.
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    This dude got KO'd by Diego Brandao...
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    edited January 2013

This dude got KO'd by Diego Brandao...

They were both LW at the time. Brandao also has big power in his hands and can KO a lot of people. So that's a pretty dumb thing to say
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users

Plus he has barely talked about everything that's happened. It's not like he's saying oh feel sorry for me and let me back in the UFC. He's been taking it like a man and deserves to let everyone know what's been going on and what he wants.

I gotta say man, I don't really like the approach he's taking " I belong in the UFC, I am medically cleared Dana look, LOOK, PLEASE LOOK" Just let your actions speak for themselves right? Give Dana a reason to care, a reason to reconsider if you're a liability or not. He's won 2 fights in smaller organizations not One_FC, Bellator, Sharkfights, Dream and so on but just random promotions. Look at Gerrald Harris I never heard that dude complaining and I know you're a fan and he is better than a lot of guys in the UFC, most definitely exciting but with loses against Lytle, Brandao, Waldburger he really hasn't shown any for Dana to WANT him after cutting him even if he said go win a few and we'll resign you.

He can go make a name for himself in promotions, fans will make noise, he'll get signed by the UFC he just has to make it happen, not ask for it.
  • Plus he has barely talked about everything that's happened. It's not like he's saying oh feel sorry for me and let me back in the UFC. He's been taking it like a man and deserves to let everyone know what's been going on and what he wants.

I gotta say man, I don't really like the approach he's taking " I belong in the UFC, I am medically cleared Dana look, LOOK, PLEASE LOOK" Just let your actions speak for themselves right? Give Dana a reason to care, a reason to reconsider if you're a liability or not. He's won 2 fights in smaller organizations not One_FC, Bellator, Sharkfights, Dream and so on but just random promotions. Look at Gerrald Harris I never heard that dude complaining and I know you're a fan and he is better than a lot of guys in the UFC, most definitely exciting but with loses against Lytle, Brandao, Waldburger he really hasn't shown any for Dana to WANT him after cutting him even if he said go win a few and we'll resign you.

He can go make a name for himself in promotions, fans will make noise, he'll get signed by the UFC he just has to make it happen, not ask for it.
    Yeah I definitely see what your saying. And he has been letting his actions speak for themselves lately but he felt he needed to get out their and say what he's feeling and what he wants. This is the first time he has spoken out and said he wanted to be in the UFC again. And he's not going straight to Dana or begging. I have been following him for a while now and I feel he has been as humble as he can be about the situation.

And I respect your opinion and your output man. Always have.
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,604Free
    Oh my holy **** ****! Bring back Brian! The guy is an animal! WAR FOSTER!!!
    Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

Just checked

Plus he has barely talked about everything that's happened. It's not like he's saying oh feel sorry for me and let me back in the UFC. He's been taking it like a man and deserves to let everyone know what's been going on and what he wants.

Yeah I definitely see what your saying. And he has been letting his actions speak for themselves lately but he felt he needed to get out their and say what he's feeling and what he wants. This is the first time he has spoken out and said he wanted to be in the UFC again. And he's not going straight to Dana or begging. I have been following him for a while now and I feel he has been as humble as he can be about the situation.

He beat guys who had almost losing records in organizations nobody has ever heard of on a local circuit, I don't know if he did that to play it safe and get 2 wins expecting to get handed a contract from Dana right away afterwards or if those were the only types of fights he could get coming off the head surgery but I could of finished both the guys he beat up....He's 18-5, he has a winning UFC record he should of went into Bellator or Strikeforce or somewhere and fought guys like Ryan Ford, Jordan Mein, Dan Hornbuckle...you know what I'm saying there's guys out there who he could beat and it would make noise, make a statement, promotions I think he could of been signed to that would bring more attention to him. The UFC isn't the beginning and end of MMA, people are getting paid millions of dollars outside the UFC, there's guys in other promotions with the potential to hold the belt in the UFC too, other promotions are getting bigger spotlights too I mean look at WSOF on NBC, look at Viacom buying Bellator.

I think he should of done a lot more before than he has before he goes public passive aggressively asking to get resigned, actions can be read as clear as words the fact Dana didn't try to resign him when he went 2-0 and was medically cleared speaks for itself. He shouldn't drag his feet he will regret it UFC or no UFC.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free
    Brian Foster had brain surgery and recovered from a "busted testicle". This dude is a tough SOB. lol
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Brian Foster had brain surgery and recovered from a "busted testicle". This dude is a tough SOB. lol

Busted testicle............................................ :-??
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free

PoloRidah said:

Busted testicle............................................ :-??

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/04/welterweight-brian-foster-out-of-ufc-129-with-brain-hemorrhage

Explains his head injury and busted nut.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Just checked

He beat guys who had almost losing records in organizations nobody has ever heard of on a local circuit, I don't know if he did that to play it safe and get 2 wins expecting to get handed a contract from Dana right away afterwards or if those were the only types of fights he could get coming off the head surgery but I could of finished both the guys he beat up....He's 18-5, he has a winning UFC record he should of went into Bellator or Strikeforce or somewhere and fought guys like Ryan Ford, Jordan Mein, Dan Hornbuckle...you know what I'm saying there's guys out there who he could beat and it would make noise, make a statement, promotions I think he could of been signed to that would bring more attention to him. The UFC isn't the beginning and end of MMA, people are getting paid millions of dollars outside the UFC, there's guys in other promotions with the potential to hold the belt in the UFC too, other promotions are getting bigger spotlights too I mean look at WSOF on NBC, look at Viacom buying Bellator.

I think he should of done a lot more before than he has before he goes public passive aggressively asking to get resigned, actions can be read as clear as words the fact Dana didn't try to resign him when he went 2-0 and was medically cleared speaks for itself. He shouldn't drag his feet he will regret it UFC or no UFC.
    Yeah I agree. He hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning since then. He actually signed with Bellator and was scheduled to fight but he had a problem getting cleared at the time. That's why he hasn't fought in Bellator or SF, because he had problems getting cleared by the bigger promotions. Only a few smaller promotions would let him fight.

After he went 2-0 the UFC still thought he was too much of a liability that's why they didn't take him back at the time. Not because they didn't want him or anything. He was cleared but the UFC didn't want to risk it. He now has seven different MRI's from seven different doctors now.
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • PoloRidah said:

Yeah he is one tough mofo to keep fighting on. That would have retired a lot of fighters. This guy is a true fighter and he loves it

WBW - Cat Zingano
  • I really like Brian he was very fun to watch and always brought it in the cage, I would like to see him back.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    I always liked him, always put on good fights and it's not like he did bad in the promotion, so I hope he returns
    UFC Community account: _Josh_