UFC returning to Australia 2013?

ShlongyShlongy Posts: 23Ultimate
Recently I have read and heard talk of a return to Aus for the UFC. Is this in the plans or is it just wishful thinking at this stage?
The BO$$ , I'm just here to set an example

Comments

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    are there any aussie fighters on a good run or close to a title shot? If not Dana cant fill the card with enough 'local' talent

Even if Aussies dont care who's fighting, Dana will force aussie fans to watch aussie fighters
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,617Free
    I'm sure their will be an event here sometime this year but I also remember about a month ago seeing an ad on tv about a second season of the smashes in august or september. meaning at least a finale event being held here.

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,589Free

are there any aussie fighters on a good run or close to a title shot? If not Dana cant fill the card with enough 'local' talent

Even if Aussies dont care who's fighting, Dana will force aussie fans to watch aussie fighters

No but there's some Kiwis who just seem to be lumped into the Australian cards as Aussies. ("Oh.. your flags are kinda the same.. you can have them".) It's all cool though, some of them are tough guys that I'm more than happy to claim as Aussies. (Hunt, Te Huna).

I believe they're doing a second season of TUF in Australia (May or may not be a second Smashes season) and I'm sure the finale will take place in Oz.
  • britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    Australia gets more than enough UFCs considering the lack of talent the country produces, I am from Glasgow Scotland and we dont have any big name stars on the world stage but we have many many European champions just waiting to get the call, We would love a UFC here in Glasgow and would quite easily sell out the 20,000 seat SECC or even a stadium show at Ibrox or Hampden where there is 50,000 seats! It annoys me when the Aussies and English complain about how many shows they get because at least they get one
    "I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
  • SwafenSwafen Posts: 146Ultimate
    Haven't heard any news atm re: confirmed dates though let us hope that it's a given we'll have our annual event. Britishranger I agree that those countries lucky enough to hold a live UFC event should be grateful though unfortunatley England & Australia are full of um fans that think they deserve Title Fights every event
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,065Free

Australia gets more than enough UFCs considering the lack of talent the country produces, I am from Glasgow Scotland and we dont have any big name stars on the world stage but we have many many European champions just waiting to get the call, We would love a UFC here in Glasgow and would quite easily sell out the 20,000 seat SECC or even a stadium show at Ibrox or Hampden where there is 50,000 seats! It annoys me when the Aussies and English complain about how many shows they get because at least they get one

two of fastest selling events in UFC history.
    /your trolling life

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

also. Most of us Aussies have to travel three times the distance to get to our events that you would to get to England so seriously quit whining about it

ANZAC like a boss

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    Ozpride said:

also. Most of us Aussies have to travel three times the distance to get to our events that you would to get to England so seriously quit whining about it
    Scotland to England isn't that far, what an hour in a plane, a few on the train! To see a ufc event that's nothing.
    OZ, do you have to pay to watch UFC on tv?
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free

BOBMYSTER, pushing for Anglo/austrialian peace !
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,617Free
    Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Scotland to England isn't that far, what an hour in a plane, a few on the train! To see a ufc event that's nothing.
    PPV events are about $50 each, but all the free events, (FOX, FX etc.) you have to have payTV anyways so yeah you have to pay to watch over here.

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • T_RocketT_Rocket Posts: 222Free
    I sure hope they come back. Another stacked card would be great
  • ShlongyShlongy Posts: 23Ultimate
    I wanna see some good fights brought out too. 110 was the best card we have had and since then there has been a decline. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that Aus has been getting an annual show but instead of giving us one-fight-a-year aussies and some declining legends can we please get a big time fight?
  • CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    we will get a big event when Victoria gets rid of the stupid cage ban
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
    Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Yes but Brisbane is 2000+ km from Adelaide, a 3 hour, $300+ flight or a two day drive.. I've been to all three events here so your right whatever it takes, but the last card was pretty much a waste of time and an insult to the fans in how fast we sell out events. Dana basically did the opposite of what he said he would

lol pay for events?? umm... no... whats a name for a small river?

ANZAC like a boss

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,061Premium
    Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Yes but Brisbane is 2000+ km from Adelaide, a 3 hour, $300+ flight or a two day drive.. I've been to all three events here so your right whatever it takes, but the last card was pretty much a waste of time and an insult to the fans in how fast we sell out events. Dana basically did the opposite of what he said he would

There's been 4 events in oz so far...

Cain vs Nog
    BJ vs Fitch
    Alves vs Kampmann
    G Sot vs Pearson

Next time we will get Mustapha Al Turk vs Tim Hague
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • MiguelosoMigueloso Posts: 464Ultimate

Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Cain vs Nog
    BJ vs Fitch
    Alves vs Kampmann
    G Sot vs Pearson

Hah ^this
    I didn't get to go to the first two which still pisses me off but I did go to the past two events at SYD and GC and I gotta say they were damn good fights. I would die to see a big title fight and what not but I aint gonna b**** about it either. I had enough of underestimating fight cards on paper, when UFC is down here I'm there regardless of who's on the card. Plus if u really wanna see a big title fight, save up and plan that trip to vegas.
    Forum Face Off Champion 2013
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,061Premium
    Migueloso said:

Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Cain vs Nog
    BJ vs Fitch
    Alves vs Kampmann
    G Sot vs Pearson

Hah ^this
    I didn't get to go to the first two which still pisses me off but I did go to the past two events at SYD and GC and I gotta say they were damn good fights. I would die to see a big title fight and what not but I aint gonna b**** about it either. I had enough of underestimating fight cards on paper, when UFC is down here I'm there regardless of who's on the card. Plus if u really wanna see a big title fight, save up and plan that trip to vegas.
    Yeah you never know how a card will go until it's done. I've been to all of them except the Alves vs Kampmann one, so glad the last one was on the Gold Coast because it's close to home.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

Ozpride said:

Bobmyster said:

Ozpride said:

Cain vs Nog
    BJ vs Fitch
    Alves vs Kampmann
    G Sot vs Pearson

you know I actually forgot about Alves v Kampmann after boycotting it for some reason!

ANZAC like a boss

• CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    i live on the gold coast and didnt go cheapest ticket was like 150$ **** that **** for the worst card (name wise) for the year
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    You will just get the same treatment the uk fans are getting, we started off with great cards aswel now there pretty poor. But tbf the card coming to London looks pretty good even has a title fight. Maybe you could get the flyweight title defended there.

i live on the gold coast and didnt go cheapest ticket was like 150$ **** that **** for the worst card (name wise) for the year

THAT'S why I boycotted it!

ANZAC like a boss

• ShlongyShlongy Posts: 23Ultimate
    I have been to the first 3. I skipped the GC smashes final because it was over priced and it was a second rate show. Big Bad Bruce Buffer wasn't even there :'(.