Wanderlei Silva on fight with Brian Stann: "Someone will get the knockout, and I hope it's me."

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
This is going to brutal, not looking forward to this fight at all. I don't wanna see Silva get KO again. IF Silva get's KO should he retire?

I know some people want to him retire, but he has shown to still have it after all he did finish Cung Le

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Wanderlei-Silva-on-fight-with-Brian-Stann-Someone-will-get-the-knockout,-and-I-hope-its-me.html

Comments

• tjrubbersoultjrubbersoul Posts: 37Ultimate
    I love Wand, but it'll be him getting ko'd. Can't see him winning this one.
    Events Attended - UFC 115, UFC 137, UFC 149, UFC on FX 5, UFC 158,
    Attending - UFC 161

http://deadthencool.imgur.com/
  • Hope Wandy doesn't get KO'd but I think it will most likely happen. Stann is a good counter striker and has power in his hands. Wandy is a brawler which plays perfectly into Stann's counter striking game. But I'm sure Wandy will know better than to go out there and swing wildly.

Should be an awesome fight. Both are great guys and exciting fighters.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,618Free
    Might as well just give Stan KOTN now.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,081Premium
    Wand finally getting to fight in Japan I guarantee is going to energise him through training camp, and seeing as he's moving back to lhw he's probably going to be JACKED. Considering his opponent Stann is a middleweight who has no intentions of staying or even moving to lhw, wanderlei should have the size advantage for a change in the ufc.

Plus tbh I think wanderlei is more skilled then Brian, I might go as far as to say that Brian only stands a punchers chance.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,432Free
    PATSTER said:

All you guys said this same **** when he fought Le.

You have to remember that Wanderlei is still a great MMA fighter and has better skills than Stann does.

Silva FTW.

This!

I feel it's wanderlei's fight to lose if he doesn't get wild and keeps his hands up he can outstrike Stann.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Eclipse76Eclipse76 Jimmie RustlerPosts: 1,278Free

PATSTER said:

All you guys said this same **** when he fought Le.

You have to remember that Wanderlei is still a great MMA fighter and has better skills than Stann does.

Silva FTW.

This!

I feel it's wanderlei's fight to lose if he doesn't get wild and keeps his hands up he can outstrike Stann.

Damn I want Wandy to put a beating on him... And my heart would go all-a-breakly if he got K.O'ed......

Come on Wandy.. Bring back the fear in fighters eyes when they stand across the ring from you(I miss Pride
    :(
    Mirko(The Croatian Sensation) Cro-Cop (Favorite HW) Win or Lose !!

Rampage on the way back to the Title!!

Bas Rutten.. Greatest!! Nuff said. Fedor = G.O.A.T.
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,183Free
  • GHOSTF4CEGHOSTF4CE Posts: 28Free
    People shouldn't count out The Axe Murderer. This is a good fight for him stylistically if he decides to fight smart and pick his shots. I definitely see someone getting knocked out in this fight and I hope it isn't Silva. WAR WANDERLEI!!!
  • HEAVYD2117HEAVYD2117 Posts: 138Registered Users

Wand finally getting to fight in Japan I guarantee is going to energise him through training camp, and seeing as he's moving back to lhw he's probably going to be JACKED. Considering his opponent Stann is a middleweight who has no intentions of staying or even moving to lhw, wanderlei should have the size advantage for a change in the ufc.

Plus tbh I think wanderlei is more skilled then Brian, I might go as far as to say that Brian only stands a punchers chance.

Stann used to be a LHW and had a better UFC record than Wand as a LHW, he's 3 inches taller and has a reach advantage, Silva wont have a size advantage. Also Stann knocks people out with straight punches whilst Silva's specialty is hooks which means he has to walk through Stanns shots to get close enough to land his shorter hooks. This is an awful fight for Silva