Has anything happened in an MMA fight that bothered you

__C_A____C_A__ Posts: 97Free
Like anything that has seriously made you cringe?
I dont necessarily mean a devastating KO, but maybe after the actual knockout
For an example, mine would be Brendan shaub vs cro cop
The way after Brendan dropped cro cop and he was obviously out, and he then proceeded to walk slowly and menacingly over to crop cop and dropped a completely unguarded bomb to his face and bounced his head off the canvas when mirko was 100% gone before hand
Plus the look on schaub's face after the ko when the camera cut to him, dude just looked like a killer

Any for you guys?

Comments

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    What you just described has happened hundreds of times. The most notable being Hendo/Bisping or Rampage/Wand III.

Kim Winslow refusing to stop the fight while Cyborg smashed Finney or King Mo punched a clearly unconscious Larkin was pretty bad
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    Mangasm said:

What you just described has happened hundreds of times. The most notable being Hendo/Bisping or Rampage/Wand III.

Kim Winslow refusing to stop the fight while Cyborg smashed Finney or King Mo punched a clearly unconscious Larkin was pretty bad

Stann V Sakara -- once Stann realised sakara was out he stopped pounding. This was a good thing.

I may get attacked for this but I felt the way Jones dropped Machida was a bit off.
    Still what was he supposed to do I guess.

Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • The ref not stopping the fight in Munoz vs Weidman made me cringe and angry.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    I cringe at broken bones. I also cringe at extra punches on unconscious fighters.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 439Free

I cringe at broken bones. I also cringe at extra punches on unconscious fighters.

Saw a picture. He's fine now, smiling, eating hot dogs, face is ok....handsome as ever

;)
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium
    broken noses
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • UFC_311UFC_311 Posts: 669Free
    I remember Faber had a rear naked on this chinese guy for WAY TOO LONG, that was uneasy.
    Also when people grab the cage multiple times without warning, just because its a desprate way to guard a takedown
    Huge fan of the Cesar Gracie fight squad:

Nate Diaz

Nick Diaz

Jake Shields

Gilbert Melendez

Sonnen

Mir

I like men, and Mir getting KTFO
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    Mangasm said:

Shes the worst. Its to the point now where I nitpick every little thing that happens when she's reffing (despite the fact that shes super sexy- actually she kinda reminds me of Lurch from the Adams family).
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    Jones throwing unconsciouss Lyoto on the canvas like he was a bag of potatoes. Total lack of respect and care for your fellow human/competitor.
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    najma said:

Jones throwing unconsciouss Lyoto on the canvas like he was a bag of potatoes. Total lack of respect and care for your fellow human/competitor.

When Lyoto KTFO of Rashad should he also try to stop his fellow human/competitor from doing the stanky leg all the way to the floor?

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free

broken legs/ Corey Hill

najma said:

These. + Glover beating up Maldonado
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    Jones submitting Machida then dropping him. Rory looked like a retard doing his "technique" against Penn. Made me feel embarrassed for him.

Penn at WW bothers me.

GSP when he goes for a takedown in the first 10 seconds of the round.

and judges bother me.

"It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    The TKO stoppage of Condit over Rory bothered me, I can name 50 fights where guys have taken more punishment and the fight wasn't stopped. Excuses bother me a lot too.

I honestly don't mind the broken bones, the unnecessary punches on a KO'd opponent, the blood, the tears, the shattered spirits. I think it's part of mixed martial arts, I think it's a beautiful thing. Some guys have to lose their minds to fight to their full potentials, it's the refs job to protect the fighters, the gladiators fighting in the arena....
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium

The TKO stoppage of Condit over Rory bothered me, I can name 50 fights where guys have taken more punishment and the fight wasn't stopped. Excuses bother me a lot too.

I honestly don't mind the broken bones, the unnecessary punches on a KO'd opponent, the blood, the tears, the shattered spirits. I think it's part of mixed martial arts, I think it's a beautiful thing. Some guys have to lose their minds to fight to their full potentials, it's the refs job to protect the fighters, the gladiators fighting in the arena....

I agree to an extent, it still doesn't stop me wincing when a guy gets his nose pancaked.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Seeing Lil Nog beat Tito seriously made me cringe.
    Tito shoulda had that fight in the bag but he came out way too aggressive too fast and got caught. I was pretty sure he was done after that. Also, Forrest Griffin every time he runs out of the cage I just feel so depressed. I remember him being the champ and to see him in his ways now upsets me deeply.
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • DaSpyderDaSpyder Posts: 799Moderator, Ultimate
    Tahune said:

Mangasm said:

Stann V Sakara -- once Stann realised sakara was out he stopped pounding. This was a good thing.

I may get attacked for this but I felt the way Jones dropped Machida was a bit off.
    Still what was he supposed to do I guess.

I also thought Jones shouldn't have dropped Machida. Jones knew he was out and dead weight.

FCUFF 10-15 (5 KO, 4 SUB)

@MattG575

Natural Born Killers

najma said:

When Lyoto KTFO of Rashad should he also try to stop his fellow human/competitor from doing the stanky leg all the way to the floor?
    That's impossible to do. Use your brain.

When you're already holding an unconscious person by their neck it takes no effort to ease them down on the floor. Those 2 little seconds of effort can make a huge difference for that person's health.

• secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 439Free

Disagree.
    1. Rory practically wasn't defending himself for a minute.
    2. If we are speaking of martial arts one of main characteristics is CONTROL. Beating KO'd person has nothing to do with control, it's the opposite - no control over behaviour, these fighters beat people for other reasons than competitive.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    edited January 2013
    Shields beating Hendo bothered me badly.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate
    Submissions going wrong

saku vs renzo or royler
    mire vs nog 2
    Chris leben vs Jake rosholt
    babalu vs David heath
    imageimage
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Nothing. I'm hard, bro. I'm so hard. You should feel how hard I am.
    Believe in Beard

every time a fighter beats someone who's obviously out

Pat Berry lost to someone who was obviously out, haha :-)

• HEAVYD2117HEAVYD2117 Posts: 138Registered Users
    MMA fans booing guys who have just put on good fights e.g JDS after he lost to Cain, showed a ton of heart and then got booed. Absolute douchebaggery
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free
    Corey Hill's broken leg made me cringe and so did Big Nog's broken arm. It's gross to see an arm pop like that just because you know what happened.

Some may not agree but foot stomps seem like a cheap and desparate move to me.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    The common trend that bothers me in the ring,is fouls and warnings.
    it is ridiculous because the system does NOTHING to help the guy who got fouled.The way it is designed is you SHOULD commit a foul to get the upper hand,all you will get is a warning.BJ Penn used an eye poke to almost get a huge upper hand on GSP and there was not even a warning.Early Rumble looked really good until he got eye poked,then again versus KOS,it created long layoffs and he got terribly out of shape.

What makes the whole system worse is that if you are truly losing 2 rounds to 0 ,you have nothing to lose,so go out and foul,if you get away with it,maybe you gain the edge you need to get a finish or KO.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    Cory Hill type leg breaks and Gonzaga type kicks to the nuts.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free

Corey Hill's broken leg made me cringe and so did Big Nog's broken arm. It's gross to see an arm pop like that just because you know what happened.

Some may not agree but foot stomps seem like a cheap and desparate move to me.

What about that push kick to the knee? Effective but cheap
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate

Cory Hill type leg breaks and Gonzaga type kicks to the nuts.

Chieck Cup knees are the worst!
    imageimage