Tri-Star invites BJ Penn to train with them

openwindowopenwindow Posts: 1,322Free
Basically: Firas thinks BJ Penn is a great fighter with nothing left to prove. But, if BJ wants to keep fighting, Firas invites him to Tri-Star to see what they are all about.

Honestly, I think this would be great for Penn. Penn is definitely nearing the end of his career if its not over already. But if he does keep fighting, I can't think of a better camp to try training at. Tri-star has a lot of fit and very skills guys.
Thoughts?

http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-firas-zahabi-invites-bj-penn-to-come-train-at-tri-star/
You're too late. I have already won.

Comments

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    He should do it. Granted he's had a rivalry with them for so long, it would only benefit him. I still think he could be a force again some day if he would go back to LW and actually train instead of posting videos on youtube of him chilling in Hawaii and walking on a treadmill.

Penn could leave an even bigger legacy than he already is. He's always had so much potential. Plus, it sucked watching him get his *** whooped that bad. No one wants to see a legend get beat up on like that.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    He should retire
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    He should do it.
    Believe in Beard
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    Honestly, he should do it.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Nah I don't think that place is the best for him...they are are great at what they do though which is mold guys...they absolutely destroy vets...look no further then Miguel Torres...they made him pretty much abandon his bjj game and stick to being a point striker which is the last thing BJ needs...He needs a well rounded place that will let his ground game become the go to skill but will also keep his striking as is which is dangerous

If he's willing to get over beefs then cesar gracie is the place for him

ATT ain't bad either
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • scileyrottscileyrott Posts: 661Free
    Any team, besides his brother cheerleading him in the corner and Jason Perillo giving him crap advice to keep banging when he's getting hit instead of using his "prodigy" jui-jitsu, would be a better team.
    Better use my strong hand.

Bet record:

2-1
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Only if he intends to go back to LW. Penn at any other weight class now doesn't interest me honestly. If not I think he should stay retired. He is a legend with nothing left to prove and I hate seeing him get beat up like he did against Rory.

Also tri-star be trollin. When did trainers become trolls? What next Greg Jackson invites Nick and Nate Diaz to train? :))
    BruteDion said:

Nah I don't think that place is the best for him...they are are great at what they do though which is mold guys...they absolutely destroy vets...look no further then Miguel Torres...they made him pretty much abandon his bjj game and stick to being a point striker which is the last thing BJ needs...He needs a well rounded place that will let his ground game become the go to skill but will also keep his striking as is which is dangerous

ATT ain't bad either

Penn would fall out and die on the first Gracie "gym run"
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    needs to do it and go back to LW
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    WarWest said:

He should retire

This. The sport has evolved past BJ. He doesn't know what to do now that the average contender can actually mix up attacks to the body and legs with their normal shots to the head.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    I think his best choice would be Team Minotauro/Black House but Tristar is a step up for BJ still
    imageimage
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free

Any team, besides his brother cheerleading him in the corner and Jason Perillo giving him crap advice to keep banging when he's getting hit instead of using his "prodigy" jui-jitsu, would be a better team.

ya
    WarWest said:

BruteDion said:

ATT ain't bad either

Penn would fall out and die on the first Gracie "gym run"
    I'm sure that would be the case since all his running is at sea level right now but that maybe what he needs is to see what the guy who beat him does to train (as in bust his tail in the gym and outside the gym day and dayout)

No one gets better in thier "comfort zone" its amazing he's in the ufc really with how easy he has to now (not sayin all mma training is easy I'm just sayin when compared to how hard the others work)

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Why not. He already knows GSP is on something. He would have nothing to hide with BJ around Tri-star.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • TinychatBtarrdzTinychatBtarrdz Posts: 451Free
    Penn will never win another fight in the UFC. He isn't even good enough to be a can crusher and should just retire before embarrassing himself further.
    text
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    He should do it, no point staying at WW, they too big nowadays and GSP/tristar can help him rule at LW.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• openwindowopenwindow Posts: 1,322Free
    ^^ my thoughts. I still think he is a little too small for WW. But Even as he stands, he could be a top 10 LW.
    Training with strong skilled workhorses like GSP, Macdonald or Carmont could really elevate his skills. Plus, Tristar has good cornermen.
    I doubt itll happen, but I hopei t does.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,435Free
    He should do it and return to lightweight!!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    why not?
    at least do a camp there as a 'testing the waters' of sorts
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,435Free
    I wonder how it would be for BJ to train with Rory MacDonald too knowing he beat the **** out of him last fight lol
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    we gotta realize BJ has 2 daughters now, hes a family man. It would be hard to him to leave his girls for months at a time to train at a gym so far from home.

I think us Penn fans needs to realize his GOAT days are done now. There was a time when he could have peaked much better, trained at different camps and evolved his already great game.

Its probably too late now. Sure Anderson has a huge family and still remains on top, but he has his training close to home, BJ lives in hawaii, nothing is close. Unless he were to move his family to Canada so he could chase a refueled career, but for what? BJ is probably the most wealthy UFC fighter in history. He dosnt 'need' to uproot himself to chase MMA glory again.

He had his time, just like many before him and like it or not he is one of the best ever.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

we gotta realize BJ has 2 daughters now, hes a family man. It would be hard to him to leave his girls for months at a time to train at a gym so far from home.

I think us Penn fans needs to realize his GOAT days are done now. There was a time when he could have peaked much better, trained at different camps and evolved his already great game.

Its probably too late now. Sure Anderson has a huge family and still remains on top, but he has his training close to home, BJ lives in hawaii, nothing is close. Unless he were to move his family to Canada so he could chase a refueled career, but for what? BJ is probably the most wealthy UFC fighter in history. He dosnt 'need' to uproot himself to chase MMA glory again.

He had his time, just like many before him and like it or not he is one of the best ever.

This ^^^ 154.3%
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Didn't Diaz invite him to his camp after their fight?
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.

Didn't Diaz invite him to his camp after their fight?

No

He invited him there to smoke
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

No

smoke what?

This^

WarWest said:

No

smoke what?

Crack cocaine
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Crack cocaine

My kind of party.

This^

• That's awesome! Good to hear that. I have always respected Firas and what he's been doing
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka

WarWest said:

Crack cocaine

My kind of party.

Word

You want to look like me?

Smoke crack cocaine
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • openwindowopenwindow Posts: 1,322Free

Very well said. I agree. Its just up to how he wants to do it all.
  • Hawkmma1Hawkmma1 Posts: 132Free
    RETIREEEEE! nothing left to prove, has plenty of money just stop now