Cain Velasquez responds to Tyson Fury's challenge to fight

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Perfect response imo. These boxers sound ridiculous trying trying to call out MMA fighters. I thought we were done with this after Couture vs. Toney. Like any boxer has a chance against an MMA fighter with a collegiate wrestling background. Get real

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Cain-Velasquez-responds-to-recent-comments-by-boxing-champion-Tyson-Fury.html

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,759Free
    Same with an MMA fighter trying to call out a top boxer

No chance
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,631Free
    that's prob the best response you could give. Forgetting everything else Fury is a nobody famous for punching himself in the head. Cains all class...

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • JuzieJuzie Posts: 3,880Free
    He should of just said "Who?" and left it as that. Guy is just trying to get his name out there but as soon as he fights someone descent (MMA or boxing) he's getting murdered.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    WarWest said:

No chance

Cept some top mma guys have pure stand up experience at the world level

Overeem could most likly make it a contest with any top boxer

Cerrone is former world champ kickboxer...could he touch some boxer of his weight?

Manhoef scares killers shitless...he's willing to bang with guys twice his size

Daley...see Cerrone

and a few other....im not saying they would all win...but what im sayin they would make it hell of a lot closer to winning in boxing then any boxer could win in mma
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • JohneeJohnee Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Cerrone is former world champ kickboxer...could he touch some boxer of his weight?

Daley...see Cerrone

and a few other....im not saying they would all win...but what im sayin they would make it hell of a lot closer to winning in boxing then any boxer could win in mma
    Sure it's possible, but I'm pretty sure Overeem would get murdered. He is too heavy, would be sad to see him vs. any of the Klitschko's in boxing. Or any other top 10 SHW for that part.
    Post edited by Johnee on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,759Free
    BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Daley...see Cerrone

No, not even close

None of the people you mentioned would do well against a top boxer at any weight

Boxers train boxing, all the time

MMA's train MMA, all the time

Put any boxer in a MMA fight with a top guy, they lose

Put any MMA in a boxing match with a top guy, they lose

There is no argument
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    WarWest said:

BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Daley...see Cerrone

No, not even close

None of the people you mentioned would do well against a top boxer at any weight

There is no argument
    Have to agree, your talking about the elite of there sports here. Overeem wouldn't last with any of the top heavyweights, Both the Brothers, Haye ect would destroy him most likely inside two rounds.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,624Free
    edited January 2013

How about a boxer vs an MMA fighter with kickboxing/ thai rules. No take downs allowed but kicks, knees and elbows all legal?

I'd rather see them settle it in XARM
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    WarWest said:

BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Daley...see Cerrone

No, not even close

There is no argument
    I'm not saying they would go in a compete with the best boxers...im saying mma elite strikers who have pure stand up experence have a better chance to hang in boxing then a too boxer hangin it in mma

No top boxer could make it to the ufc and win...nor in the smaller promos like bellator,titan ect

I think a few too guys like the guys I listed could get a few wins here and there on the small Promos of boxing like the NABO...there is no way any mma guy is getting a legit world title...but they could hang with some journey men maybe
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • HEAVYD2117HEAVYD2117 Posts: 138Registered Users

How about a boxer vs an MMA fighter with kickboxing/ thai rules. No take downs allowed but kicks, knees and elbows all legal?

I'd rather see them settle it in XARM
    Didnt even know that 'sport' existed just watched it on youtube was in hillbilly heaven
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Tyson Fury sounds like a cheap pr0n movie actor name.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    JDS would beat Haye, and with enough training even klitschko imo
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Banutu said:

JDS would beat Haye, and with enough training even klitschko imo

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha not a chance in hell he would beat Haye, not even close.

WarWest said:

BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Daley...see Cerrone

No, not even close

There is no argument
    I'm not saying they would go in a compete with the best boxers...im saying mma elite strikers who have pure stand up experence have a better chance to hang in boxing then a too boxer hangin it in mma

No top boxer could make it to the ufc and win...nor in the smaller promos like bellator,titan ect

I think a few too guys like the guys I listed could get a few wins here and there on the small Promos of boxing like the NABO...there is no way any mma guy is getting a legit world title...but they could hang with some journey men maybe
    Ah, I see what you're saying

Yeah, it's possible
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Cain handled that with class. haha.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    MMA boxing is different from pure boxing.
    Believe in Beard
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free
    Overeem can beat any boxer out there. His a top world kickboxer for crying out loud.
    Moussasi can beat any boxer out there too. He beat the K-1 World Champion for crying out loud with only one training camp totally focused on striking.
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    I can knockout Classicboxer and I only train UFC.
  • britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    Johnee said:

BruteDion said:

WarWest said:

No chance

Daley...see Cerrone

Sure it's possible, but I'm pretty sure Overeem would get murdered. He is too heavy, would be sad to see him vs. any of the Klitschko's in boxing. Or any other top 10 SHW for that part.
    I dont think you can really say this because for one the Klitchsko brothers are HW at the worst ever time in the history of the weight class and secondly MMA fighters are faster more athletic and much more dynamic strikers than boxers
    "I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    If only Hari could stay out of jail for more than 3 months at a time we might find out.
  • uddasideuddaside Posts: 1,786Free
    Take on Cain? he needs to finish with the plumbers first.

I'd love Sonnen to unleash his absurd comedy smack talk fury on Fury. That'd be too funny.
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    najma said:

I'd love Sonnen to unleash his absurd comedy smack talk fury on Fury. That'd be too funny.

Even Sonnen could UD this clown.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,624Free
    Ameriman said:

najma said:

Sonnen via KO. He's the more well rounded striker
    Ameriman said:

najma said:

Why do you say "EVEN" Sonnen?
    Dude, Sonnen manhandled the best P4P MMA fighter in the world on the ground with his grappling.
    Now, you want to give him a guy with zero ground game, right?

If somebody is to tool that boxer like a rag doll, it IS a guy like Sonnen.
  • Boxing in MMA is terrible. Anybody who has trained, watched, or studied the game knows what level it's at in MMA. In MMA there is a MUCH higher level of kickboxing/muay thai, that's for sure. I think it translates into MMA better.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 779Free

Ameriman said:

najma said:

Sonnen via KO. He's the more well rounded striker
    I am sure Sonnen is the more well rounded trash talker also.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta