Cung Le Says He's Not Retiring and Has Some Fights Left in Him

TUF1_TUF1_ Posts: 1,443Free
Good to hear. Was hoping to see him and Lombard in a title eliminator but doesn't sound like that's happening now. Who should he fight when he heals up?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cung-le-plotting-ufc-return-and-says-he-still-has-some-fights-left-in-him.

Comments

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free
    Im so pissed that Franklin fight was on Fuel TV. I HATE FUEL!

I would say the winner of Stan/Wandy but that fight is kind of far away.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free
    edited January 2013

Im so pissed that Franklin fight was on Fuel TV. I HATE FUEL!

I would say the winner of Stan/Wandy but that fight is kind of far away.

and he fought Wanderlei not too long ago.

Le vs Carmont?

It's hard with Le because he's probably not going to fight for a title but if you put him in there with contenders and he wins he's just hindering the division.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free
    I'd be interested in the rematch. Didn't Wand KO him? Le probably would like to avenge that defeat. If Stan wins then Le/Stan is sure to produce fireworks too
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free
    Good

I'm a huge fan of Le

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    They try to make Cung represent Vietnam but the truth is when the US was over destroying the Vietnamese he was a happy US Citizen.
  • Le vs Lombard....if Cung beats him the he can obvi still hang with the best.... If Lombard wins then it shows he can hang with a unorthodox striker that can hit you from anywhere with anything (IE Anderson Silva)
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well of course he is not retiring ,he has a 6 fight deal and has only fought ,i believe 3x.
    It is possible to cut a guy some slack in their first UFC fight,we have seen MANY struggle in the first.
    His second fight versus Cote was better but only because he paced himself and used less leg kicks.It is not a good thing however because leg kicks is his bread n butter but he tires badly when using too many.
    IMO Cote is better and should have easily beat Le ,but Cote was incredibly passive in that fight.

Versus Franklin it was the aged old "lucky shot",of course not lucky that he connected, but lucky that it connected just right.I mean seriously most of these fights have 200+ punch counts,so it's not like guys are getting KO'd easily,it is just LUCK.

Don't get me wrong,Cung Le is one my favorite fighters,he portrays action and style but he failed himself as a fighter when he entered into movies for money.He was never in the best of shape cardio wise,but he used to be a lot better before he went into movies,too bad really he is/was full of potential,especially with a very old wrestling background.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Not really a fan of Le but I am looking forward to his next fight
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    i love cung le so thats great news

these fights with other classic vets are perfect for him. next fight should be him and sexyama