Cung Le Vs Hector Lombard

wrestlectb1108wrestlectb1108 Posts: 87Free
Both are great fighters that are right on the outside of the best at 185Lbs..... great strickers with great grappling (neither have grappling technique of a true amateur wrestler would makes it a unique fight if nothing else) I think it would make for a very interesting fight match up that would be highly entertaining. It would prove if Hector can hand with a unorthodox striker that can hit you from any angle possible and it will prove if Cung can still hang with the young powerful elite of the division!! The more I think about it the more sense it makes!!

Comments

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Lombard would knock him out in the first round unless he feels like sitting the fight out like he did against Boetsch.
  • Lombard would knock him out in the first round unless he feels like sitting the fight out like he did against Boetsch.

Thats the point.... Cungs striking is far superior to Boetsch. I would say top 2 or 3 in the division. Main thing is that he is so unorthodox. This fight would tell us if Hector could handle Andersons striking in my opinion.
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free

Lombard would knock him out in the first round unless he feels like sitting the fight out like he did against Boetsch.

Thats the point.... Cungs striking is far superior to Boetsch. I would say top 2 or 3 in the division. Main thing is that he is so unorthodox. This fight would tell us if Hector could handle Andersons striking in my opinion.
    Le and Anderson have completely different techniques, reach, and height so it wouldn't prove anything.

Lombard would slam him and finish him on the ground in the first round.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

His striking isn't even close to top 2 or 3 in the division, you must be a serious fan of his let me name you a few guys I'm confident would outstrike/KO him.

Off the top of my head.
    Anderson
    Mousasi
    Rockhold
    Belcher
    Lombard
    Stann
    Wanderlei
    Belfort

A little more thought of guys who'd probably outstrike him.
    Bisping
    Costa
    Shlemenko
    Khalidov
    Weidman
    Larkin

That's a quick list bro, Le is far from his prime he wasn't even in it when he began Mixed Martial Arts you can see how broken down his body his compared to what it was in his late 20's some guys just don't physically hold up like others when it comes to age. Not to say a prime Le would of been top 2 or 3 at MW striking.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Not even a close fight,Cung Le sadly is terrified of the ground game and Hector could take him down with ease.Secondly Cung Le tires badly if the action is forced,not saying Lombard would force it,but if he did it would be lucky to make it to round 2.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,604Free

His striking isn't even close to top 2 or 3 in the division, you must be a serious fan of his let me name you a few guys I'm confident would outstrike/KO him.

Off the top of my head.
    Anderson
    Mousasi
    Rockhold
    Belcher
    Lombard
    Stann
    Wanderlei
    Belfort

A little more thought of guys who'd probably outstrike him.
    Bisping
    Costa
    Shlemenko
    Khalidov
    Weidman
    Larkin

That's a quick list bro, Le is far from his prime he wasn't even in it when he began Mixed Martial Arts you can see how broken down his body his compared to what it was in his late 20's some guys just don't physically hold up like others when it comes to age. Not to say a prime Le would of been top 2 or 3 at MW striking.
    I'm curious, you just put Stann as one of the guys who would definately outstrike him, then you put Bisping in the maybe column, but I'm pretty sure Bisping just out struck Stann to a UD? Also happy birthday ^^ lol
    Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

• the unorthodox method of striking and the kicks and punches that Le throws is what makes him a very dangerous fighter. Im not a huge Le fan I just think this would be a awesome fight. Actually I believe that Le should drop to 170 and although it would never happen because his name is not big enough I believe that Le VS Stephen Thompson would be a wonderfully entertaining match up stylistically!

the unorthodox method of striking and the kicks and punches that Le throws is what makes him a very dangerous fighter. Im not a huge Le fan I just think this would be a awesome fight. Actually I believe that Le should drop to 170 and although it would never happen because his name is not big enough I believe that Le VS Stephen Thompson would be a wonderfully entertaining match up stylistically!

Le would literally die if he cut to 170lbs, his body looks flabby because he's 41 and it's just not holding up like it used to. If you look at his younger days in Sanshou he was 180-185lbs built like an ox shredded, he has stalky, thick frame.

To Shuberling, Bisping was getting outstruck until he was able to tire Stann out, mix it up, control him on the cage, get takedowns, wore him down then started to outstrike him. I also think Stanns immense power and explosiveness would play a bigger part against Le than it did against Bisping. Bisping would probably mix things up and pick Le apart everywhere though.
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,604Free

the unorthodox method of striking and the kicks and punches that Le throws is what makes him a very dangerous fighter. Im not a huge Le fan I just think this would be a awesome fight. Actually I believe that Le should drop to 170 and although it would never happen because his name is not big enough I believe that Le VS Stephen Thompson would be a wonderfully entertaining match up stylistically!

Le would literally die if he cut to 170lbs, his body looks flabby because he's 41 and it's just not holding up like it used to. If you look at his younger days in Sanshou he was 180-185lbs built like an ox shredded, he has stalky, thick frame.

To Shuberling, Bisping was getting outstruck until he was able to tire Stann out, mix it up, control him on the cage, get takedowns, wore him down then started to outstrike him. I also think Stanns immense power and explosiveness would play a bigger part against Le than it did against Bisping. Bisping would probably mix things up and pick Le apart everywhere though.
    I can't fully remember, I just thought Bisping was winning the striking, I only remember one significant strike Stann landed. But you are right, Stann would probably knock Le out. As for Lombard vs Le, Lombard would snap his jaw off.
    Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Lombard via KO with ease
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    WOW This forum is well endowed with Hector Lombard fanatics, so I have to ask WHY??
    Who has he beaten that makes you think he could give Anderson a fight never mind beat him, Why did the UFC pay so much to land him???? Potential that is all, Lombard could POTENTIALLY be a good fighter hell he is what 34 fights into his career and he is yet to face a top ten guy, name me one true contender he has beaten??
    "I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
  • WOW This forum is well endowed with Hector Lombard fanatics, so I have to ask WHY??
    Who has he beaten that makes you think he could give Anderson a fight never mind beat him, Why did the UFC pay so much to land him???? Potential that is all, Lombard could POTENTIALLY be a good fighter hell he is what 34 fights into his career and he is yet to face a top ten guy, name me one true contender he has beaten??

^^^^^^This is my point... Le is, if not a top 10 guy, very close to it! Lets see them fight!
  • In Le your talking about a guy who just a few years ago SNAPPED Frank Shamrocks arm with a high kick...... And your telling me his striking is not up to par... give me a break!
    Le has a fantastic range of striking I am just not sure his type of striking suits MMA as he seems to lose balance a lot! I love watching Le because the unexpected is just around the corner
    "I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,078Free

WOW This forum is well endowed with Hector Lombard fanatics, so I have to ask WHY??

hahahahahahahahaha love me a good Butthurt Spittsping fan who knows Lombard is about to leapfrog him in the contention. Awesome. you made my morning young chap.

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

Another Aussie bringing Bisping into every thread they can, Whats wrong are you ashamed the motherland has a relevant fighter in the UFC and the backwater only has............wait for it SOTI
    AAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA LMAO Cheers for the laughs aussie aint had one since the smashes finished

• Another Aussie bringing Bisping into every thread they can, Whats wrong are you ashamed the motherland has a relevant fighter in the UFC and the backwater only has............wait for it SOTI
    AAHHHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA LMAO Cheers for the laughs aussie aint had one since the smashes finished

Remember when "Merica" kicked your **** in the War! LOL

Remember when "Merica" kicked your **** in the War! LOL

lol yeah I have heard that one, they fail to mention how valuable we are to them when they go to war or what happened in the one war we didnt get involved in! They slag our MMA fighters but when it comes to the battlefield they stand with their mouths open in awe when they see our boys hit the front

• wrestlectb1108wrestlectb1108 Posts: 87Free
    edited January 2013
    YEAH...... im sure the USMC And Army Rangers just cant believe how BA the British are... LOL NOT
    Post edited by wrestlectb1108 on
    Are you seriously joking bruv?? We teach your special forces and that is the truth, The Delta are based on our SAS right down to the selection process, Our soldiers are the best in the world and you only have to ask your own marines and Rangers and they will tell you that, The SAS and the Para,s are the elite in war fighting we fight wars with a tenth of the equipment and men you do but still get the job done faster, Yo no offence to your troops I fkn love them man and have all the respect in the world for them after hearing some talk about experiences in Somalia and Vietnam as well as more recently Afghanistan

YEAH...... im sure the USMC And Army Rangers just cant believe how BA the British are... LOL NOT

Have you read We were one about the USMC battling for Fallujah??? Great book mate a true war book

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    Lombard via foot stomps
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Foot stomps are three dollar bill brah.
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• Cung would KO this can crusher back to Bellabore.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    Lombard by KO.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Bezerker101Bezerker101 Posts: 1,576Free
    Le is a 40yr old medium power gasser (& he's pudgy too),
    ... Lombard hurts him bad -
    imageimage
  • Bezerker101Bezerker101 Posts: 1,576Free

Le is a 40yr old medium power gasser (& he's pudgy too),
    ... Lombard hurts him bad -

your sig is P4P GOAT (gayest of all time)
    ... says the member w/ a Greek username lol -

imageimage
  • LonjanisLonjanis Posts: 257Free
    I thinks its odd when people say america beat britain in a war. That was was british people vs british people. ahh well whatever, Lombard beats Le though a prime Le would be a much tougher fight. Tough fight for any striker really.