Bisping may go 0-3 in number one contender matches

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
He lost the fight with Hendo, which was a number one contender match

He narrowly lost the fight with Chael, which was a number one contender match

And here is his third shot for a title shot...I think it's going to be extremely close, but I think he's forgetting just how good Vitor is

Both Bisping and Vitor have had entire careers smashing everyone outside of elite competition so it will be interesting to see this one play out

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    edited January 2013
    Also add that he only has one career top 10 win (Stann at 10th) and its clear he's damn lucky to be ranked so high as number 4
    Post edited by BruteDion on
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    BruteDion said:

Also add that he only has one career top 10 win (Stann at 10th) and its clear he's damn lucky to be ranked so high as number 4

cause hes UKs poster boy.I don't think anyone in the UFC has had easier fights then Bispings
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • Mmafan-DavidMmafan-David Posts: 14Free
    I think Bisping wins a very close exciting fight
    chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

cause hes UKs poster boy.I don't think anyone in the UFC has had easier fights then Bispings
    I'm sure thats part of it...but he does get credit for winning when a lost would hurt him the most...the top guy who were ranked higher then him either lost or moved divisons...okami,munoz,sonnen all were ranked higher at one point...and when they lost it bumped up bisping cuz he was fighting weaker guys then the one ranked higher lost too...if bisping faced those same guys (Weidman,Boescth, or moved to LHW) maybe he would have lost too...but who knows
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

how about this forums poster boy Alan Belcher?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

Bisping would destroy Belcher

"I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
    edited January 2013
    Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

He ain't ranked as high as bisping...nor has he got a contender fight...he's 0-1 against current top 10...he maybe 0-2 if okami was top 10 then at thier first fight Idk...I would need to look up the rankings then

That being said no one was saying bisping ain't good...he's great...but I don't think his skill match his ranking...I don't think he's the 4th best or higher fighter in the divison...where Alan ranking matches his which is barly top 10
    Post edited by BruteDion on
    Sig record
    40-21

• britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

He ain't ranked as high as bisping...nor has he got a contender fight...he's 0-1 against current top 10...he maybe 0-2 if okami was top 10 then at thier first fight Idk...I would need to look up the rankings then

That being said no one was saying bisping ain't good...he's great...but I don't think his skill match his ranking...I don't think he's the 4th best or higher fighter in the divison...where Alan ranking matches his which is barly top 10
    Name 5 guys outside Silva better than Bisping then???

"I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

it is subjective, but Okami, Sonnen, Wideman any maybe Philippou are at the 'bisping' level or Rank.

But if Bisping wins hes definitely the #2 MW and title contender
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

Gabri1985 said:

chanman20 said:

BruteDion said:

it is subjective, but Okami, Sonnen, Wideman any maybe Philippou are at the 'bisping' level or Rank.

But if Bisping wins hes definitely the #2 MW and title contender

On those fighters mentioned in the same breath as bisping I say

*Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    what? a guy who beat bisping mentioned in the same breath as him? what?
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    edited January 2013

Ping is ranked high, but he's not a clear title contender until he beats Vitor
    Post edited by Junglebird on
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited January 2013

I think Bisping wins a very close exciting fight

if its an exciting fight then it wont be bisping winning it, if its a UD then i can see bisping taking it all though wandy won a UD vs bisping so who knows.

basically in order for bisping to win he has to be elusive and throw kicks which isnt going to be an exciting fight.

he gets into a brawl, bisping gets kod
    he concentrates on his hands, bisping gets kod
    he takes it to the ground, bisping gets kod or submitted.

circle out, use feints and throw plenty of leg kicks maybe some clinch work.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,610Free
    It would be funny to see Anderson destroy Bisping and thats why im rooting for him in the Belfort fight.

Vitor looks like he's still got plenty in the tank though. Hopefully its a sick fight because the rest of the card is craptastic. OMFG CB Dollaway yesssss !!!
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited January 2013
    i would rather bisping loose so rockhold get his title shot, he beings everything bisping does + great kicks and more power in his strikes
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    I can't wait until Bisping gets his head knocked off, so I can troll the **** out of BritishRanger.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
    Well...it happened
    Sig record
    40-21

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    Bisping is suffering from what I like to call, "The Kenflo effect".
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free

Bisping is suffering from what I like to call, "The Kenflo effect".

Kenflo made it to the title fights, though, and lost to champions. Bisping is a level below that: a perpetual second-tier contender.

Wonder if Dana going to call him a chocker like everyone else do does that
    Sig record
    40-21