GSP or Silva? Who is most dominant of all time / GOAT!

BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
Hey guys, Beans here with another edition of the Beans-Side of things =) Tried to do the Danny Downes!
I'd like to quickly discuss some facts with you guys about the two p4p best fighters in the world, who along with being the longest serving champions in the history of the UFC, are also two extremely great guys, with great humbleness (Silva at times maybe not, Leites fight for example) and of course the two most dominant champs in history, with choices of a couple other legends you can pick who ONLY as champions were dominant, not as challengers.

Starting with Spider, I'm going to list his wins in the UFC in a flash, Leben, Franklin, Lutter, Marquardt, Hendo, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Griffin, Maia, Sonnen, Belfort, Okami, Bonnar. Impressive to say the least.

Next with GSP, I'm going to list his wins in the UFC in a flash, Parisyan, Hieron, Hughes, Miller, Trigg, Sherk, Penn, Serra, Koschek, Fitch, Alves, HArdy, Shields, Condit.

Both have 14 different opponents each in the UFC, some more then once of course.
GSP has 17 wins 2 losses in the UFC. Silva has 16 wins 0 losses in the UFC
Both extremely impressive records, now lets compare opponents.
GSP has fought 6 former champions, 1 non UFC.
Silva has fought 4 former champions, 1 non UFC. Both impressive.
Now let's compare being dominated in a fight.
GSP was dominated by Serra by the end of the fight, as well as Hughes in their fight, as well as Condit after that incredible head kick, as well as Shields for a round totaling an estimated 4 maybe 5 rounds.
Silva was dominated by Lutter for a round, Hendo for a round, Chael for 4 1/2 rounds totaling an estimated 5 1/2 maybe 6 1/2 rounds. Again both equal and impressive.
So without ANY BIAS, who do you got as most dominant of all time? Not longest standing, not most exciting not must humble but most dominant. I was going to put more facts, but it would take to long!
I got GSP by a sliver, just because he's neutralized everything coming his way, however Silva has looked more impressive in some wins, so it's prolly a 50.1% for GSP and 49.9% for Silva for me.
Thoughts guys?
Post edited by Beanslegend on

GSP or Silva? Who is most dominant of all time / GOAT!

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,667Free
    Silva most dominant champion of all time?
    Silva obviously
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Just watched Ultimate 100 Knockouts. Anderson appeared 4 times. Once at number 1. GSP was a no show on the whole list.

Anyway, back to the topic. Silva is more dominant.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Just watched Ultimate 100 Knockouts. Anderson appeared 4 times. Once at number 1. GSP was a no show on the whole list.

Lulz
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Other poll option- Fedor Emelianenko.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

lol.

GSP not too far behind. But Silva is easily most dominant
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free

HAHA Definitely Anderson.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Silva is the most in that list, then GSP, Then Hughes, Then Chuck, Then Penn.
    i believe GSP, is more dominant than Silva, simply base on the fact that he doesnt duck fights (except for hendricks :)) ) while the most dominant fighter of all time, all organisation includes, is without any doubt Fedor Emelianenko!
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    GSP most dominant champion of all time?
    Sorry, I forgot to mention Fedor, your definitely right in that respect, he was better and more dominant then any Anderson Silva or GSP ever could be, and he didn't fight all the cans like a Renan Barao who got a free record off of all cans. So I'd probably say Fedor, GSP then Silva. Plus Fedor's style was everywhere, he wasn't oriented to certain things like GSP n Silva. Oh and yes your right GSP doesn't duck fights, and actually he was open to fighting Hendricks after Diaz, so he's not ducking hes just beating the mouthy idiot and putting Cesar Gracie's camp into the ground and with Gil losing to Bendo that camp will lose so much credibility.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free

i believe GSP, is more dominant than Silva, simply base on the fact that he doesnt duck fights (except for hendricks :)) ) while the most dominant fighter of all time, all organisation includes, is without any doubt Fedor Emelianenko!

So GSP is more dominant because he doesn't duck fights... but you mention that he ducks fights. WHAT
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate
    Fedor
    imageimage
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Penn most dominant champion of all time?
    lol why the **** is lidell in the poll?

is this a troll thread?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Penn most dominant champion of all time?
    first of all Fedor is a ducking can crusher and is in no way aGOAT

2nd BJ PENN MOTHER **** then Silva
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    GSP most dominant champion of all time?

lol why the **** is lidell in the poll?

is this a troll thread?

You don't remember the days of Liddell destroying everyone? He was the most dominant of his time? Some of the best fights in history and best knockouts and finishes in history are thanks to Liddell? Like I said Fedor, and maybe Hughes are the only one's missing.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free

losing a round by lay and pray doesn't make Anderson The GOAT Silva any less dominant.

simple math: 16 fights. 15 RAPES and 1 bad fight (sonnen 1)

if you're willing to understand why is he* so dominant, i would recomend to read this

V
    Really if your going by rapes it's clearly GSP as p4p champ. Take a fight gif and censor their shorts, the GSP fight will look far more like a vicious raping.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    You say "Impressive" when looking at SILVA'S LIST?i actually thought it might be a tad better,that is horrible.
    Leben...can.
    Franklin...Ko'd by Cung Le,who until that fight was starting to look like a can.
    Lutter...who cares
    Marquardt ...roid user,also way over rated,no gas tank.
    Hendo..lost .i mean got embarrassed by Shield's who GSP beat.
    Cote ....ZERO ground game ,which happens to be Silva's weakness,so ya tailor made,even so he never really beat Cote.
    Leittes...who cares
    Griffin..umm LOL,the most over rated fighter ever,and i said the first time i saw him and Bonnar fight.
    Maia...ok very good grappler,but the fight was an all out stand up and Silva could not Ko a super weak striker.Near end of fight,Silva actually looked tired and was running from Maia.
    Okami,,,Bonnar both bums.
    Sonnen..FINALLY,he faces the one legit guy who has a skill that Silva fear [wrestling].ALL those fights and he faces one guy who tries to wrestle him,talk about tailor made fights.

I'll skip over some of GSP's cans.
    Parisyan..at one time considered maybe the best grappler /BJJ in the UFC 170 division.
    Hughes...once considered the UFC's god,unbeatable.
    Penn...well Penn and MANY thought he was a bad **** and were not using the size excuse when he fought Machida.Penn was also DOMINATING 155 and also beat Hughes.
    Fitch ...a very well conditioned athlete with great wrestling.Was undefeated IN the UFC for many fights before getting his chance.
    Koscheck...well a bigger guy with better striking and another great wrestler.
    Alves...was suppose to be the guy to beat GSP,good TD defense,power striker,big size for the division.
    Shield's ..need i say more,he is legit competition for anyone.
    Condit....well rounded fighter who made Diaz look pathetic,with no answer.

Obviously you can never say a champion is facing a champion quality,otherwise,they would be the champion instead.
    What i do is look at the different fighters and determine if any of those would be legit champions.
    Silva has fought NOBODY i would consider a champion that could last more than one title defense.GSP has fought MANY,Hughes was one of those,as was Penn.If not for GSP,Fitch would have been champion for quite some time.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

You say "Impressive" when looking at SILVA'S LIST?i actually thought it might be a tad better,that is horrible.
    Leben...can.
    Franklin...Ko'd by Cung Le,who until that fight was starting to look like a can.
    Lutter...who cares
    Marquardt ...roid user,also way over rated,no gas tank.
    Hendo..lost .i mean got embarrassed by Shield's who GSP beat.
    Cote ....ZERO ground game ,which happens to be Silva's weakness,so ya tailor made,even so he never really beat Cote.
    Leittes...who cares
    Griffin..umm LOL,the most over rated fighter ever,and i said the first time i saw him and Bonnar fight.
    Maia...ok very good grappler,but the fight was an all out stand up and Silva could not Ko a super weak striker.Near end of fight,Silva actually looked tired and was running from Maia.
    Okami,,,Bonnar both bums.
    Sonnen..FINALLY,he faces the one legit guy who has a skill that Silva fear [wrestling].ALL those fights and he faces one guy who tries to wrestle him,talk about tailor made fights.

I'll skip over some of GSP's cans.
    Parisyan..at one time considered maybe the best grappler /BJJ in the UFC 170 division.
    Hughes...once considered the UFC's god,unbeatable.
    Penn...well Penn and MANY thought he was a bad **** and were not using the size excuse when he fought Machida.Penn was also DOMINATING 155 and also beat Hughes.
    Fitch ...a very well conditioned athlete with great wrestling.Was undefeated IN the UFC for many fights before getting his chance.
    Koscheck...well a bigger guy with better striking and another great wrestler.
    Alves...was suppose to be the guy to beat GSP,good TD defense,power striker,big size for the division.
    Shield's ..need i say more,he is legit competition for anyone.
    Condit....well rounded fighter who made Diaz look pathetic,with no answer.

Obviously you can never say a champion is facing a champion quality,otherwise,they would be the champion instead.
    What i do is look at the different fighters and determine if any of those would be legit champions.
    Silva has fought NOBODY i would consider a champion that could last more than one title defense.GSP has fought MANY,Hughes was one of those,as was Penn.If not for GSP,Fitch would have been champion for quite some time.

Your list is pretty biased. I don't even like AS and I can see problems with it.
    Leben was a solid MW for AS to make his debut against
    Franklin was the top MW when they fought the first time and worked his way up again for a rematch. Hendo is an all time great, and got beat on the feet and ground in second (fight to shields was injured and everyone has off nights),
    Cote was a top MW at the time with a solid chin and good stand up game
    Okami a bum? He is boring but he is a top notch fighter.

It's ok to not like a fighter, but try to at least be objective or at least less blatantly bias when comparing them. I personally believe GSP's average title fight has been against better opponents, but there is really no way to prove or disprove that, its opinion

zaksame judges silva's 2006 opponents by their 2013 level

SMART

Every forum needs someone who is styling a foam helmet and droolcup (zaksame I mean not you)
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Zaksame is like Beanslegend on downs syndrome
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,667Free

Zaksame is like Beanslegend on downs syndrome

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PolymerasePolymerase Posts: 1,230Registered Users

losing a round by lay and pray doesn't make Anderson The GOAT Silva any less dominant.

simple math: 16 fights. 15 RAPES and 1 bad fight (sonnen 1)

if you're willing to understand why is he* so dominant, i would recomend to read this

V
    Hold on a second here. 1 bad fight?

Leithes fight was terribe.
    Maia fight was like dancing with the stars, octagon edition.
    First Chael fight he got dominated for 23 mins, including several 10-8 rounds.
    Second Chael fight he lost the first round arguably 10-8, and in the second he pulled shorts and got lucky Chael fell.

More impressive than GSP? Perhaps. But you don't really see GSP losing rounds like Silva did....