Khabib Nurmagomedov "After the victory over Tavares, I want to fight Nate Diaz."

Mr_MousasiMr_Mousasi Posts: 547Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
http://m.riadagestan.com/news/2013/1/16/149359/

"People keep on participating in tense debates about who is the best fighter and whose fighting style is better. I train for battle and the outcome. God willing, I'll win in the upcoming match, and then I want to meet with Nate Diaz in the next fight in San Jose at the tournament on April 20. First, I need to win Tavares".

I would love for this fight to materialize. Thoughts?
Post edited by Mr_Mousasi on
I, Mr_Mousasi, am a loser thanks to Mr_Mousasi.

...and Alan Belcher

Comments

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    edited January 2013

http://m.riadagestan.com/news/2013/1/16/149359/

"People keep on participating in tense debates about who is the best fighter and whose fighting style is better. I train for battle and the outcome. God willing, I'll win in the upcoming match, and then I want to meet with Nate Diaz in the next fight in San Jose at the tournament on April 20. First, I need to win Tavares".

I would love for this fight to materialize. Thoughts?

Tavares is a lot better than people think, solid explosive striker, really good takedowns, solid black belt in jiu jitsu, athletic, young. So I'd say depending on how he defeats Tavares he may or may not deserve Diaz, since his win over Tibau wasn't impressive.
    Post edited by Me_Against_The_World on
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    edited January 2013
    Khabib didn't even deserve the win over Tibau, all he did was fail to take him down like 20 times and then Tibau dumped him on his **** a couple of times.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • SuperDuperdudacudSuperDuperdudacud Posts: 1,742Free

Khabib didn't even deserve the win over Tibau, all he did was fail to take him down like 20 times and then Tibau dumped him on his **** a couple of times.

this, especially the part about his kitties.

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    nate will crush him
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Ha! Didn't even beat Tibau (or shouldn't have), won't beat Tavares and won't get close to Diaz.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    edited January 2013
    He shouldn't look ahead of Tavares but if he beats him convincingly I think him vs Nate would be a sick fight. I think Khabib has the style to give Nate problems but I he might be in over his head in a fight with Nate also. We'll see what happens
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    i like the nate matchup but i think its to soon, he needs 1 more fight after this one before he fights a top 5 lw.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    PunchBag said:

i like the nate matchup but i think its to soon, he needs 1 more fight after this one before he fights a top 5 lw.

Nate's top 10, arguably not top 5. I think Khabib needs to be built up more, for instance after this fight if he wins impressively give him a fight against a top 12 guy on a pay per view main card if he wins that give him a number 1 contender's fight on Fox.

Who out of the casual fans wants to see Khabib Nurmamegov vs Ben Henderson headline a major card? People don't even know who he is right now. We forget on here the average fan isn't so knowledgeable, aware and passionate.
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Khabib sounds like the name of a person who works at Microsoft tech support.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT