Nogueira interested in pursuing UFC heavyweight title after dos Santos defeat

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
I like big nog and I still think he is a top 10 heavyweight, but I don't see him even getting close to another title shot.

His chin is suspect at the moment, and guys with heavy hands I think could put him away. I wish they would pair him up against older heavyweights, but the UFC don't have many of those. Is kinda surprising the success Nog has had late in his career, and Fedor faded away late in his career.

You guys think Nog has it in him to make a title run?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Nogueira-interested-in-pursuing-UFC-heavyweight-title-after-dos-Santos-defeat.html
Tagged:

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free
    I Like Nog much better than Werdum, but no way he beats Werdum lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free

i got him against werdum. but he would still need 2 wins after that... i don't believe it, but i would love to see.

I was thinking about Nog should face Barnett in the UFC that would be a badass fight between two Pride veterans. Have they fought before?
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free

Why do you not like Werdum? Is it because he made Overeem look sloppy?

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • SykloneSyklone Posts: 63Ultimate
    edited January 2013
    Nog needs to fight Mir three more times.

Also, he needs to fight Brock.

Plus Nog was way too willing to strike with Cain. He needs to get it to the floor and test out jiu jitsu vs wrestling.

I'd like to see Nog make a run at the title.

EDIT: It's too bad crocop retired from mma, I've always wanted to see the rematch seeing as they both have become much more well rounded.
    Post edited by Syklone on
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    It would be great to see him make a run again since we was always my first fav

I just dont think his chin can carry him to the top anymore...but his striking has got way better over the years...he was doing damn well against mir standing which is hard to do unless ur an elite striker like JDS,Overeem...is put his striking top 10...and his jits is top 3...if is had a better chin he would be a top 5 guy easy

Last thing he needs is a nother lay off due to injury
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    His fighting abilities have diminished, the current top Heavyweights are better than he was in his prime and he looked incredibly out of shape going into his fight with Dave Herman.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,066Free
    Hah, would JDS be comfortable with that? If Nog held the belt, JDS could not take it back.
    That'd be weird.

Or he would drop down to spank Jones... BRING IT ON!!!
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    ^don't worry about it, he's not getting that belt, as awesome as it would be
  • Big Nog will make WerSCOOT look pathetic. I cant wait
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,432Free
    edited January 2013
    Nog is my favourite HW so I really hope he wins Werdum is probably 3/4 but I have Werdum winning this his striking is looking sharp recently it will be a sick fight tho.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • hasopashahasopasha Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    nog is my favourite hw i really really really hope he succeeds
    Kazushi Sakuraba*

the art of not backing down
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 968Free
    Big Nog is great for the sport and is one of the all-time best heavyweights, but he's no where near title contention. His striking is way too sloppy for his somewhat suspect chin these days. I fully expect Werdum to finish him by whatever method he chooses.
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Nog is gonna wreck Werdum

but a run at the title is a no go imo.
    I mean JDS is going right back after it and with a win or two will drop right back into contention. I hope they dont make Overeem vs Cain because Overeem would kill cain and I need to see JDS get his redemption. Perhaps they could ,Make their third fight non title like Penn vs Hughes 3 but idk. The belt makes it mean more.

JDS should face winner of Barnett
    then winner of Struve/ Hunt

then if Cain is champ fight for belt
    if Overeem is champ
    fight cain for no 1 contender
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free

Why do you not like Werdum? Is it because he made Overeem look sloppy?

Nah, because he is a tool that buttscoots to strikes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    ^that was some p4p butt scooting

This^

Nog is gonna wreck Werdum

but a run at the title is a no go imo.
    I mean JDS is going right back after it and with a win or two will drop right back into contention. I hope they dont make Overeem vs Cain because Overeem would kill cain and I need to see JDS get his redemption. Perhaps they could ,Make their third fight non title like Penn vs Hughes 3 but idk. The belt makes it mean more.

JDS should face winner of Barnett
    then winner of Struve/ Hunt

then if Cain is champ fight for belt
    if Overeem is champ
    fight cain for no 1 contender

You think Nog will win in the stand up or the ground? IDK if Overeem whips Cain, JDS can beat either of them so it don't really matter.

This^

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    Not gunna happen he probably will lose to werdum.....
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I would love to see Nog get the title one more time, but I can't see it happening. He still has a good skill set, but his chin helped him win a lot of matches and just isn't their anymore. I think he will remain around the top 10, but will be shocked if he earns another shot at the belt.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    What suck is he's such an amazing coach aswell...he spends tome working with so many world class fighters it.takes away time for him to get his training in aswell

When it all said and done he will be remembered as an all time great...to me even outside the cage he will help mold the sport by his leadership and personality

Just look at the changes he made in the life of silva and JDS....without nog we may have never got those two great fighters
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free

I like big nog and I still think he is a top 10 heavyweight, but I don't see him even getting close to another title shot.

His chin is suspect at the moment, and guys with heavy hands I think could put him away. I wish they would pair him up against older heavyweights, but the UFC don't have many of those. Is kinda surprising the success Nog has had late in his career, and Fedor faded away late in his career.

You guys think Nog has it in him to make a title run?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Nogueira-interested-in-pursuing-UFC-heavyweight-title-after-dos-Santos-defeat.html

Big Nog is a great guy, everyone would probably agree with me there, but your right he's long past his prime, and hes no top 3 anymore, it's unfortunate though, because he's so humble.