Fights just over the horizon... ufc on fox 6

SykloneSyklone Posts: 63Ultimate
You've got the two fastest guys in the ufc going at it Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson..
Two of the most dangerous lhw's anywhere in Gluvah Texeira and Rampage
A thrilling fight between two good strikers in the lw division involving Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone
And of course long time fw no.1 contender Erik Koch finally gets a fight after over a year against Ricardo Lamas who just took out the former no.1 contender Hatsu Hioki.

Comments

• SykloneSyklone Posts: 63Ultimate
    I'm seriously looking forward to this card. I was recently rewatching Glover Teixeira beat down Fabio Maldonado. I noticed that Glover when he's on top is constantly moving, trying G&P and looking for subs. One of the things Rampage is world class at is taking advantage of space to get back to his feet. I truly believe this fight will be contested mostly on the feet, and unless rampage has only had 8 days training again this will be a war.

Johnson and Dodson are going to go insane. Dodson may be the only guy who can keep up with Demetrious. It probably won't be a a back and forth slug fest, but that doesn't mean this won't be thrilling. I'll probably gas out trying to process everything they're doing.

Don't even get me started on Pettis and Cerrone. They both both prefer jiu jitsu to wrestling, and both prefer striking to grappling. Both are well rounded strikers who use kicks as well as punches. This is going to be a great fight. TBH I think Pettis is a little faster and has a little better cardio, this fight could potentially showcase some of the flashy kicks he has in his arsenal that earn him the nickname showtime, but Cerrone shouldn't be counted out, he's not as flashy, but he has great foundations and power in his kicks. Sometimes less is more and Cerrone will be dangerous in this fight.

Koch and Hioki both were offered title shots but never managed to get in with the champ. Koch has had opponents pull out due to injury, and Koch has been injured... just had a bad run, and Hioki declined the title shot to get more preparation as a fighter to be ready to face the champ.... he took a fight with Ricardo Lamas... and Ricardo won. Ricardo is a wild card in the fw division, and this fight is very significant in the fw division. The winner of this fight should be way up there with KZ and Frankie. If you haven't seen Koch's knockout of Assuncao you should check it out, it's pretty good.

It seems the ufc is going for dangerous strikers as the flavor of this event and I can't wait.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    Holy post padding Batman :-<
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users

Holy post padding Batman :-<

MilesGunn said:

What just happened

I wanted to talk about the fox 6 card that I am very excited for, and I know how difficult people find reading a wall of text so I broke it up into several posts.

So, now that Belfort vs Bisping is done, can we talk some fox 6?

• Pettis vs Cerrone is awesome and Glover will probably smash Rampage.

The rest.. I don't really care
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,900Free
    I am looking forward to the Pettis vs Cerrone fight, really hard to predict.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• amunera said:

I am looking forward to the Pettis vs Cerrone fight, really hard to predict.

true, guaranteed fireworks
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,021Free
    It will be a sad night watching Rampage exiting the UFC as a beaten, devastated man :(
    He deserves better.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,041Premium
    you know what, Rampage has looked progressively worse in his fights but I truly believe he's still a top 205lb fighter. He should never have stayed in the fight with Bader and only did it because it was in japan. Before that he fought Jones, who everyone loses to.

The only thing I've seen fade is his knockout power. He's still able to take a beating, still has great hands, still prefers to stand, I think he will make it a good fight unless he only has 8 days training again. Glover is pretty legit though and Rampage will be a good gauge to where he stands in the division.

2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    page is nothing but a cry baby
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    can't wait to see rampage taken out on a stretcher live..... [-O<
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,536Free
    TUF1 said:

najma said:

It will be a sad night watching Rampage exiting the UFC as a beaten, devastated man :(
    He deserves better.

Rampage is a shell of his former self. Use to love Rampage but he doesn't deserve better now.
    There was a time (post pride and immediately after he clipped liddell with that wicked little juking hook he does) where Rampage was my favorite fighter. The final downward spiral was during his TUF stint. Just looked at him as a clown after that fight.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT