Just rewatched Condit vs MacDonald...

AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free

And, I submit that Condit would have won a decision.

That first round was extremely close. The standup was even until Condit rocked Rory, and MacDonald's takedowns were useless. The four takedowns were impressive, but Condit was in complete control on the ground and constantly landed strikes from the bottom. Undoubtedly, the most impressive move of the round was that right hand that rocked Rory.

And I think there's little doubt in anyone's mind that a competent judge would have scored round 3 a 10-8. That was as one sided and decisive as they come.

Anyway, discuss.

(I know it's been discussed before, but I thought maybe it would be interesting to start it again in light of the rematch)
Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME

Comments

  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    No one give Condit credit for getting takedowns off of the kimura attempts either. Rory had a trip on Condit, but its got nothing on a submission attempt turned into a TD. Plus Condit used a leg lock attempt to get Rory's back almost like he was setting up a twister, but instead just utilized it to get up from bottom and transitions like this just go w/o notice to just about everyone who watches that fight.. smh.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


    - C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira


    J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim


    Megumi Fuji

    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

    Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    MilesGunn said:

    Well no **** sherlock.

    Lol I just find it humorous that you would respond that way as if what I said is patently obvious to everyone immediately after Paster rushes in to disagree with me. Obviously not everyone agrees, and that's why I started this discussion.


    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    edited January 2013
    PATSTER said:

    Rory 29-28

    You can't win fights butt scooting

    I sincerely think you're remembering a different fight. Butt scooting?
    Post edited by Ameriman on
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Condit was doing all the damage. Rory landed maybe 2 good shots all fight.

    people wanna compare Condit vs rory's first two rounds like it was GSP vs. Condit or something.
    Rory wasnt doing anything but maybe winning on points.

    3rd rounds happens and its an epic beatdown.
    Whats the problem here?

    This coming from a huge rory fan btw.
    FEB. 2010
    image
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    While I was watching the fight on ppv I basically figured that the idiotic judges would give the fight to Rory based on the takedowns, because lets face it. Unless your Bas Rutten you're not gonna win a decision off your back. So going into the third i was pretty upset. All my buddies were going for the new kid (rory) and I was just sitting there waiting for a miracle and then Condit rocked him and finished him. It was great, really.

    i think I remember Joe Rogan saying that if it had gone to decision the scorecards read it a split decision for Rory, I can't remember where exactly I heard him say it, I think it was on another card when they referenced the fight, but I cant cite it so you don't have to believe me.

    Had Condit lost that fight that would've made it 3 split decisions in a row. Condit had the MMA gods on his side that night.

    That being said Rory didnt get robbed. He quit fighting back, he faced adversity and he hung in as long as he could, the rematch should be good, but My boy Condit is stopping him again.
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    TUF1 said:

    probably the biggest condit defender on here but if anybody thinks Condit would have won that fight without the finish they need to rewatch it. Even Jackson knew he was behind going into the 3rd and this is the guy that told Marquardt he was beating Okami.

    im probably the biggest Rory fan ever, but the fact is he got smashed in the 3rd.

    He even said "he was hurting me from the beginning"

    "it was a good stoppage"
    "i was getting my butt kicked"

    ^
    From a huge rory defender btw
    FEB. 2010
    image
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    TUF1 said:

    idk man doesn't really matter what he says. Matters what the judges saw and Rory had enough control and takedowns to take 1 and 2 pretty easily imo. And for what it's worth Rory has reneged his post fight comments since.

    right, because judging has always been the shining example of truth.

    And it dosnt matter what the judges saw because Rory was finished. He got smashed in the 3rd.


    huge rory fan btw
    FEB. 2010
    image
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    TUF1 said:

    idk man doesn't really matter what he says. Matters what the judges saw and Rory had enough control and takedowns to take 1 and 2 pretty easily imo. And for what it's worth Rory has reneged his post fight comments since.

    He conceded defeat after having been defeated. Personally, the fact that he conceded defeat tells me that he was done.

    Of course, memory fails us all, and I'm sure it's hard for MacDonald to recall just how beaten he was at the end of that fight. I'm sure he's watched it a thousand times in an attempt to convince himself that he could have won that fight that night.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    edited January 2013
    TUF1 said:

    probably the biggest condit defender on here but if anybody thinks Condit would have won that fight without the finish they need to rewatch it. Even Jackson knew he was behind going into the 3rd and this is the guy that told Marquardt he was beating Okami.

    Everyone knew that Rory would have won a decision based on the most common interpretation of the rules by boxing-turned-MMA Judges. I probably worded the topic poorly. The fact of the matter is that takedowns count for far more than they're worth these days. Rory took Condit down with knees that Condit practically placed in his hands and he went on to do absolutely nothing with those takedowns.

    Post edited by Ameriman on
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    TUF1 said:


    TUF1 said:

    idk man doesn't really matter what he says. Matters what the judges saw and Rory had enough control and takedowns to take 1 and 2 pretty easily imo. And for what it's worth Rory has reneged his post fight comments since.

    right, because judging has always been the shining example of truth.

    And it dosnt matter what the judges saw because Rory was finished. He got smashed in the 3rd.


    huge rory fan btw
    hey are you a rory fan?

    yes. but he got wrecked.

    The best possible outcome for Rory that night was a SD win after getting his face smashed into goonies land.
    FEB. 2010
    image
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Ameriman said:


    And, I submit that Condit would have won a decision.

    That first round was extremely close. The standup was even until Condit rocked Rory, and MacDonald's takedowns were useless. The four takedowns were impressive, but Condit was in complete control on the ground and constantly landed strikes from the bottom. Undoubtedly, the most impressive move of the round was that right hand that rocked Rory.

    And I think there's little doubt in anyone's mind that a competent judge would have scored round 3 a 10-8. That was as one sided and decisive as they come.

    Anyway, discuss.

    (I know it's been discussed before, but I thought maybe it would be interesting to start it again in light of the rematch)

    There is absolutely no way that Condit took the first round. As a fan of neither it was clear that the round was dictated by Rory.

    Round 3 was a big big round for Condit, possible a 10-8 but IMO just about a 10-9.

    Rory 29-28 Condit.
    JDS,Hunt.

    Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

    Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

    Hathaway, Semtex,

    Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

    Barboza, Barao.


    Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    prodigy9 said:

    Ameriman said:


    And, I submit that Condit would have won a decision.

    That first round was extremely close. The standup was even until Condit rocked Rory, and MacDonald's takedowns were useless. The four takedowns were impressive, but Condit was in complete control on the ground and constantly landed strikes from the bottom. Undoubtedly, the most impressive move of the round was that right hand that rocked Rory.

    And I think there's little doubt in anyone's mind that a competent judge would have scored round 3 a 10-8. That was as one sided and decisive as they come.

    Anyway, discuss.

    (I know it's been discussed before, but I thought maybe it would be interesting to start it again in light of the rematch)

    There is absolutely no way that Condit took the first round. As a fan of neither it was clear that the round was dictated by Rory.

    Round 3 was a big big round for Condit, possible a 10-8 but IMO just about a 10-9.

    Rory 29-28 Condit.
    Why do you say that? I outlined exactly why I felt the way I do. Make YOUR case.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    I did, he dictated the round, the round took place where Rory wanted it to. After the round the commentators aren't claiming it as a close round or a good round for Condit.

    & the 3rd round wasn't a big enough beat down... A good round but not a 10-8. Not that much more 1 sided than the 2nd.
    JDS,Hunt.

    Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

    Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

    Hathaway, Semtex,

    Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

    Barboza, Barao.


    Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

  • EightLimbAssassinEightLimbAssassin Posts: 576Free
    edited January 2013
    The only messed up thing that night was that they didnt stop it earlier. Rory quit after his failed TD in the third. If that fight was 5 rds an ambulence would have been needed.

    Coming from Rory's #1 fan and fourth cousin btw.
    Post edited by EightLimbAssassin on
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    Buttscooting does not win fights

    Rory easily won that fight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users

    The only messed up thing that night was that they didnt stop it earlier. Rory quit after his failed TD in the third. If that fight was 5 rds an ambulence would have been needed.

    Coming from Rory's #1 fan and fourth cousin btw.

    haha
    image
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    I am Rory's 3rd cousin, that makes me a bigger fan than you, right?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    PATSTER said:



    You can't win fights butt scooting

    Unless you are a dog fighting an **** worm.

    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Snap. Can't say ar se anymore. :-(
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free

    PATSTER said:



    You can't win fights butt scooting

    Unless you are a dog fighting an **** worm.

    lol a hehe worm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • Did anyone else hear Rory say he would be at "cannabis lounge" during the post fight interview?
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    prodigy9 said:

    I did, he dictated the round, the round took place where Rory wanted it to. After the round the commentators aren't claiming it as a close round or a good round for Condit.

    & the 3rd round wasn't a big enough beat down... A good round but not a 10-8. Not that much more 1 sided than the 2nd.

    Are you kidding? The 3rd round wasn't more 1 sided than the second? I don't know how to respond to that.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Ameriman said:

    prodigy9 said:

    I did, he dictated the round, the round took place where Rory wanted it to. After the round the commentators aren't claiming it as a close round or a good round for Condit.

    & the 3rd round wasn't a big enough beat down... A good round but not a 10-8. Not that much more 1 sided than the 2nd.

    Are you kidding? The 3rd round wasn't more 1 sided than the second? I don't know how to respond to that.
    making Penn fans look bad
    FEB. 2010
    image
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
Sign In or Register to comment.