Who next for Anderson Silva then?

Mambo123Mambo123 Posts: 313Free
> He literally has no one to fight now. The only other possible guy is Chris weidman but I don't think he's ready yet. So Anderson Silva has a new ten fight contract and no one to fight Unless he goes up or down a weight class.

This thing is that vitor Belfort still probably the second best guy in the division. He could probably still finish anyone in the middleweight division apart from Anderson silva including weidman, but even he would rather take his chances with Jones. There was no way that bidding was going to beat him. So why didn't Dana just let Anderson Silva fight is bisping And by Weidman some time.

Also did Vitor look incredibly ripped and much bigger than Bisping? TRT?

Tagged:

Comments

• PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Fight Lombard if he beats Okami
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    He should fight Vitor or his belt should be taken away
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    Gsp or weidman!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Bobmyster said:

Gsp or weidman!

what about Bisping mate?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 806Free
    GSP, Weidman, or god knows lol. No one else has put any win streak together to deserve a shot. Ugh
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    I'd definitely like to see him take a superfight now...I think this opens the door for it

Also, I think Vitor is by far the number 1 contender. Followed by Weidman...so def 2 legit challenges there. I don't see Silva running by either of those guys. Also, think Rockhold has some potential to be an interesting fight. Still a great division IMO...I never thought Bisping was a serious threat to Silva...the only people I see having a shot at Silva are GSP, Weidman, Vitor, and Jones
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Lets get Anderson vs Jones over with, its the fight everyone most wants to see and neither man has a daunting challenger in the near future. It will never make more sense than now.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,840Free

Lets get Anderson vs Jones over with, its the fight everyone most wants to see and neither man has a daunting challenger in the near future. It will never make more sense than now.

Jones still has plenty on his plate: Cormier is a big deal, Hendo/Machida has potential, and the man himself wants to fight Gus. Then there's possibly Texeira.

Silva would be fighting GSP first, anyway. Ideally, we would get that by the end of the year and Silva/Bones could happen in 2014. Who knows if any of it'll come together, though. If any one of the Big 3 loses beforehand, Dana and Lorenzo are screwed.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 961Free
    edited January 2013
    I honestly think Anderson may move up for another test at LHW. If Evans makes it past Rogerio, the Evans/Silva fight would make sense. Rashad thinks he has the wrestling to give Silva problems, Andy can avenge his teammate's loss and it would give MW time for contender matchups.

It also works well from a marketing standpoint. It's a big money fight for everyone involved and would build even more hype when Anderson finished in one or two rounds what Jones couldn't in five.
    Post edited by Wanderlei_Rua on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited January 2013
    rockhold is next, believe me silva wont move up whilst machida is still in possible title contention, machida wants the lhw belt so anderson wont fight any top contenders at lhw and certainly wont fight jones until machida has had his next title shot.

looking at the top contenders

weidman- hasnt fought in a while his only notable win is over mark munoz
    bisping- just lost to belfort
    belfort- doesnt want to fight silva
    lombard- still hasnt done enough to warrant title shot
    boetsch- lost to costa
    rockhold- most likely fight, strikeforce title holders getting title shots and silva asked for this fight a while ago.

Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    The problem is the to other champions who silva could face for a super fight both have stacked devisions with lots of interesting fights for the champs. where as the middle weight division just doesn't have anyone at the moment who has a chance against silva. silva should go up or down a weight class, the middle weight devision is week as hell at the moment.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    its weak because silva is just leagues ahead of everyone else.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

its weak because silva is just leagues ahead of everyone else.

yes, thats why no fights in that devision make any sence for him at the moment. he needs to fight someone else who is considered a cut above the rest, i.e gsp and jones. but they still have stacked devisions with a lot of contenders waiting in line so silvas in a bad spot at the moment.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • kolla81kolla81 Posts: 2Free
    Johny Hendricks - 2 problems solved
  • Qwerty1175Qwerty1175 Posts: 701Registered Users
    GSP should just step up and demolish him
    HW: JDS

LHW: Chael P Sonnen

MW: Bisping

WW: GSP

LW: Cowboy Cerrone

FW: Edgar

BW: Faber

Fly: Uncle Creepy

Women's: Rousey
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    stop throwing around names of cans like weidman, okami, and that other can crusher who recently lost to tim boetsch, whats his name again? hector who?

lets be honest. none of those guys stand a chance at taking andersons belt. if thats the only competition left for silva at the moment then he should just wait it out until a potential threat capable of beating him comes along

of course they should set up GSP vs Silva. that is THE fight the fans want to see and it actually makes sense. Silva vs Weidman or Okami? **** please.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    have him fight Evans at 205.......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    Anderson goes and has his superfights and in the mean time Weidman, Lombard and company fight it out to see who has the skills to challenge Silva.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited January 2013
    Let him KO Lombard if you like, but hes been ducking decent LHWs for years. If hes as good as everyone says he is (which i think he is btw), then he should be fighting at 205 where there is better fights. Hes getting lazy at 185 and GSP will either be a boring 5 round UD win for George or (more likely) a pointless 2 round beatdown by SIlva. He should take 2 or 3 decent fights at 205 against Evans, Little Nog, Davies etc. then take out Jones. That makes his claims on P4P or GOAT legit and gets the MW division moving again, which will let Mousasi, Jacare and Amagov get established. After that he can stay at 205 or go back down to 185 and take out whoever has the belt then coast to the end of his contract.
    Post edited by Birdhound on
    Birdhound said:

Let him KO Lombard if you like, but hes been ducking decent LHWs for years. If hes as good as everyone says he is (which i think he is btw), then he should be fighting at 205 where there is better fights. Hes getting lazy at 185 and GSP will either be a boring 5 round UD win for George or (more likely) a pointless 2 round beatdown by SIlva. He should take 2 or 3 decent fights at 205 against Evans, Little Nog, Davies etc. then take out Jones. That makes his claims on P4P or GOAT legit and gets the MW division moving again, which will let Mousasi, Jacare and Amagov get established. After that he can stay at 205 or go back down to 185 and take out whoever has the belt then coast to the end of his contract.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,840Free
    Looks like Evans wants to make the cut to 185, so it's up to Dana to make that championship fight. It's the perfect remedy in the midst of this MW contender drought.
  • come_at_mecome_at_me Posts: 502Registered Users
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,419Free
    edited January 2013
    Hendo or Rockhold
    Post edited by JoeTheGiggolo on
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Rashad, Jones, GSP. Anybody who currently has a fight and isn't @ 185 apparently.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • AXEINGARAXEINGAR Posts: 146Free
    Rockhold would be the best choice. He is retiring as strikeforce champ and is a kick boxer so should make a fun stand up fight of Anderson. I also think Kennedy and Jacare are going to strengthen the division greatly.
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
    Weidman should fight Rockhold for the next titleshot. If they are friends and won't fight eachother then give it to Rockhold and make a champ vs goat fight so Wideman can cry more. Maybe Weidman vs Lombard/Okami for Widemans titleshot in the meantime.
  • CyberSlayerCyberSlayer Posts: 3,377Registered Users
    Vitor or if Rashad wants to drop down to MW,Weidman needs a top 5 win imo..
    When you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced.Live your life so that when you die,the world cries and you rejoice.White Elk.

BROCKSMASH a true legend of the UFC forums