Why is Belfort calling out Jones???

TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate
edited January 2013 in UFC
Why would Belfort call out Jones when technically he's fight against Bisping was for a title shot in the middleweight division? if Vitor had no interesting in fighting for the belt in the middleweight division he shouldn't have stepped up to the plate.
I believe what Belfort said after the post fight interview with Jon Anik was disrespecful to Bisping & his team.
Belfort has just had an impressive TKO to an opponent who has tried so hard to be the next contender for the middleweight belt & Belfort dismisses it completely.
As a fan of MMA, Bisping is one of the only guys that sticks to mind in the UFC today who is so passionate to becomig the next UFC Champion.
I hope Bisping gets another crack at being a contender in the not so distant future & that him getting caught will not set him back too far down the line.
Post edited by Trox on
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,019Free
    Bisping was the one disrespectfull.He made fun of Vitor trying to get a rise out of him. I like the Bizz but had this loss coming to him.
    image



  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,054Premium
    Because Vitor doesn't like Chael, and doesn't like Chael being fed a title shot.
    Also, Vitor took the fight with Jon on short notice and I'm sure he feels that he can perform better in a rematch given a full training camp...
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

    imageimage
  • britishrangerbritishranger Posts: 1,272Free
    He obviously believes he has more chance against Jones than he does with Anderson
    "I have the biggest hard on for Brazillian feet. Thanks Vitor you beast. Thanks to Ozpride for helping me admit that, and to Bisping for proving he's a weak little girl."

    Vitor is a junkie steroid abuser
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Because he knows what will happen if he fought Andy again, he almost had an armbar on Jones so why not go back to Jones?
    image
    image
    image
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

    Osu!

  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    if he had finished that armbar it would have been a big upset. He has a better chance against Jones than Silva. I don't think that there's too much interest in Silva vs Belfort 2, because of THAT front kick
    image
  • TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate
    I'm just saying if you're fighting in a division, that should be your main focus, otherwise don't fight in it, unless you are the likes of Anderson or GSP who have held onto their belts for years & want to test themselves by either going up or down, I can understand that. After reading all the commments however it's not always black or white so I guess Vitor must be sitting in the grey area.
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Syklone said:

    Because Vitor doesn't like Chael, and doesn't like Chael being fed a title shot.
    Also, Vitor took the fight with Jon on short notice and I'm sure he feels that he can perform better in a rematch given a full training camp...

    You mean the same way Vitor was fed a shot vs Jones as well
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

    Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

    Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    chanman20 said:

    Syklone said:

    Because Vitor doesn't like Chael, and doesn't like Chael being fed a title shot.
    Also, Vitor took the fight with Jon on short notice and I'm sure he feels that he can perform better in a rematch given a full training camp...

    You mean the same way Vitor was fed a shot vs Jones as well

    Not his fault none of the LHW would step up on that short of notice. They all knew they wouldn't come close to sniffing a title shot again if they lost.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    Trox said:

    I'm just saying if you're fighting in a division, that should be your main focus, otherwise don't fight in it, unless you are the likes of Anderson or GSP who have held onto their belts for years & want to test themselves by either going up or down, I can understand that. After reading all the commments however it's not always black or white so I guess Vitor must be sitting in the grey area.

    belfort was fighting at MW to put an end to bispings title shot so that the strikeforce champs could be matched agaisnt the UFC champs. Belfort did exactly what he needed to do and is now moving back to LHW were he would rather be.

    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion
    image
    image


  • Qwerty1175Qwerty1175 Posts: 701Registered Users
    He will be fighting Chael after he beats Jones
    HW: JDS

    LHW: Chael P Sonnen

    MW: Bisping

    WW: GSP

    LW: Cowboy Cerrone

    FW: Edgar

    BW: Faber

    Fly: Uncle Creepy

    Women's: Rousey
  • GoldenAfroGoldenAfro Posts: 4,657Free

    He will be fighting Chael after he beats Jones

    This man knows whats up
    image

    image

    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    Was bitter sweet to see Bisping KTFO again. I don't care what Vitor's intentions were in the middleweight division. lol
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    He had a good long fight with jones and got to feel how he fights. He took it on short notice, he probably feels like with a full training camp he would put up a better fight to jones.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    He probably believes he could beat jones and that is his most recent loss so he wants to get back in there. Also, he probably feels that Chael doesn't deserve the shot
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Oh and also dana said before this fight that only bisping gets the shot against silva if he wins. Vitor knows he's not getting a shot vs. silva with that win so he's at least giving it a shot to get another crack at jones. He said in the press conference that Joe Silva has asked fighters to call out fights in their post-fight interviews
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Bisping has such poor striking,that is what keeps him from being a champ.I don't like any part of his striking at all.When his opponents realize he is not a striking threat,it makes it MUCH easier to fight and prepare for him.Ad the fact that Bisping has no real wrestling to be afraid of,it makes him a average fighter,not a champ.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • xCappaxxCappax Posts: 96Elite
    can you blame him? I'm surprised more people don't call out the champs... it shows they're motivated to win the title... I don't find it as a sign of disrespect if you're the champ it's your job to step up against all contenders and then shut them up.. as a contender it's your job to obtain the title at all costs... it's part of the game.
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free
    jduk said:

    if he had finished that armbar it would have been a big upset. He has a better chance against Jones than Silva. I don't think that there's too much interest in Silva vs Belfort 2, because of THAT front kick

    I think that front kick makes the next fight even more interesting. Vitor pretty much only had that one chance with Jones when he had him in the armbar. Jones beat him pretty onesided with a messed up arm. I'll have to look at the fight again, but when Andy fought Vitor, It wasn't like he was owning him. Vitor got caught. What happens if he didn't get caught? I really want to see them fight again. He might get KO'd again, but I'd like to see them go at it again.

    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Belfort is not fighting Silva or JBJ...thats a given...and im glad...all Belfort did was set a match with Sonnen...lol
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users

    Belfort is not fighting Silva or JBJ...thats a given...and im glad...all Belfort did was set a match with Sonnen...lol

    Belfort isn't the brightest Brazilian in the...fevela? ( can't think of a funny analogy **** you ) I don't even think he's realized that the way he called out Jones by insulting and discrediting Chael Sonnen will most likely get him a fight with Chael Sonnen and not a rematch with Jones.

  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

    Belfort is not fighting Silva or JBJ...thats a given...and im glad...all Belfort did was set a match with Sonnen...lol

    Belfort isn't the brightest Brazilian in the...fevela? ( can't think of a funny analogy **** you ) I don't even think he's realized that the way he called out Jones by insulting and discrediting Chael Sonnen will most likely get him a fight with Chael Sonnen and not a rematch with Jones.

    who knows...maybe thats what Danna wanted...i wouldnt be surprised :))
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    forgive the extra n...lol...
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Belfort calls out a champ in a different weightclass after defeating the legit no.1 contender in another class,having already lost in spectacular fashion via the hands (in this case the foot) of the respective's weightclass champion. Calling out Jones makes sense because he wasn't after a full camp,for some reason didn't pull the trigger and STILL gave Jones the toughest fight of his career. Would he beat Jones in a rematch?Probably not,but still... what did Chael do? Oh.... he TOOK the fight like a real fighter!Pffttt....for those who are blind to see it, Chael is a BUSINESSMAN first,a fighter second.He knows who to pick on and how to do it to get the big bucks.He doesn't give 2 sh!ts about breaking records,building legacies,being champ etc... The man doesn't even sound human anymore, he sounds like a trailer or teaser, or promo every time he speaks.Belfort has all the right to call out Jones,especially now when the other true LHW contenders are already booked.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • V3djV3dj Posts: 15Free
    Vitor will get chael after jones beats him then vitor will be put on his **** by chael and grinded out i dont think vitor will fight for the title ever again I respect him as a fighter but his best days are gone.he beat Bisping who i actually quite like but am not blind enough to see that bisping would be dismantled by silva or any other top 5 fighter in that division. Vitor is no longer a top 5 lhw in my opinion...his legacy has kept him there or there about he wont win another 2 or 3 fight in a row against top competition to get a shot
    Fact Silva GOAT end of....
    https://soundcloud.com/#v3dj
  • TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate
    Sisti said:

    Oh and also dana said before this fight that only bisping gets the shot against silva if he wins. Vitor knows he's not getting a shot vs. silva with that win so he's at least giving it a shot to get another crack at jones. He said in the press conference that Joe Silva has asked fighters to call out fights in their post-fight interviews

  • TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate
    If that's the case, you can't blame the guy.
  • TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate

    Belfort is not fighting Silva or JBJ...thats a given...and im glad...all Belfort did was set a match with Sonnen...lol

    Belfort isn't the brightest Brazilian in the...fevela? ( can't think of a funny analogy **** you ) I don't even think he's realized that the way he called out Jones by insulting and discrediting Chael Sonnen will most likely get him a fight with Chael Sonnen and not a rematch with Jones.

  • TroxTrox Posts: 11Ultimate
    V3dj said:

    Vitor will get chael after jones beats him then vitor will be put on his **** by chael and grinded out i dont think vitor will fight for the title ever again I respect him as a fighter but his best days are gone.he beat Bisping who i actually quite like but am not blind enough to see that bisping would be dismantled by silva or any other top 5 fighter in that division. Vitor is no longer a top 5 lhw in my opinion...his legacy has kept him there or there about he wont win another 2 or 3 fight in a row against top competition to get a shot

  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,585Free
    Because Dana constantly says that Vitor will need a couple more wins and then they won't be able to deny him the rematch. In other words they have zero interest in Vitor vs Silva 2 and Vitor knows this and called out Jones in hopes of getting a LHW title shot.
Sign In or Register to comment.