Fights to make at MW

dbf1dbf1 Posts: 26Free
Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman for MW Title (Weidman is the highest ranked MW contender(depending on where u rank Vitor now) and he's on the longest UFC winning)

Luke Rockhold vs Costa Philippou (Since that's the fight Luke has asked for)

Vitor Belfort vs Okami/Lombard winner (make since rankings wise)

Michael Bisping vs Alan Belcher (fun fight and these men don't like each other)

Mark Munoz vs Tim Boetsch (2 good wrestlers that hit hard)

Tagged:

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    I'm down for most of those fights...but how does vitor vs. Okami/Lombard winner makes since ranking wise...Lombard just broke top 10 and okami I just outside top 5?...vitor is top 3 maybe even 2....vitor only deserves top5er right now since he just beat one on bisping
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 808Free
    Ugh, I guess Weidman. He's the only one left... This division is truly discouraging it's really unfortunate.
  • ManhoManho Posts: 3,590Registered Users
    I wanna see Lombard vs Bisping.
  • dbf1dbf1 Posts: 26Free
    BruteDion said:

I'm down for most of those fights...but how does vitor vs. Okami/Lombard winner makes since ranking wise...Lombard just broke top 10 and okami I just outside top 5?...vitor is top 3 maybe even 2....vitor only deserves top5er right now since he just beat one on bisping

If Okami wins I'd put him back in the top 5 and if Hector wins u can make a case for jim being top 5 as well so I think it makes since
  • dbf1dbf1 Posts: 26Free
    Manho said:

I wanna see Lombard vs Bisping.

If Hector loses they can do it and Alan can fight someone else but if Hector win then a fight with the Count wouldn't make since
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,067Premium
    Vitor should rematch Hendo before he's allowed to consider any type of title shot.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    There is no reason to put Lombard top 5 with a win over okami...you only should be top 5 win a win over a top 5 guy....bisping got away with it by guys ranked higher losing

If Lombard beats okami where do u rank Tim Boescth then?...he beat both okami and Lombard?...that in its self would keep Lombard out the top 5 cuz you could not put Tim there either
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Syklone said:

Vitor should rematch Hendo before he's allowed to consider any type of title shot.

I was actually thinking about Hendo vs Vitor rematch tonight, Dan controlled Vitor with his wrestling to win a decision in Pride but this time around I could see Hendo looking to Bang and Vitor landing takedowns. It'd have to be done at 205lbs though, I don't think Dan can do 185 anymore.

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,067Premium
    As far as I'm concerned Boetsch got very lucky with his wins over Okami and Lombard.He showed where he truly ranks in his fight with costa. He was barely managing to win a close fight but got cut and hit with an illegal blow and gassed out.

^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Syklone said:

As far as I'm concerned Boetsch got very lucky with his wins over Okami and Lombard.He showed where he truly ranks in his fight with costa. He was barely managing to win a close fight but got cut and hit with an illegal blow and gassed out.

I don't think anyone ever felt Boetsch could truly hang with the contenders of the division, he kind of wound up where he was by mistake and just played along.
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    I feel like,

Vitor Belfort vs Chris Weidman (No. 1 Contenders Fight for MW Title Shot)

Michael Bisping vs Hector Lombard (regardless of Okami outcome, good grudge match)

Alan Belcher vs Stann/Wanderlei winner

Mark Munoz vs Tim Boetsch

Luke Rockhold vs Costa Phillipou (as Rockhold requested)

not sure with timelines of returns of some of these guys and also there's Jacare and Okami, etc.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • ChigurhChigurh Posts: 3Free
    I kind of feel like the UFC doesn't want to push Vitor towards another title shot since he got finished by Silva and Jones in the last two years.. so I also don't think they should match him up with anyone that could possibly enter title contention anytime soon.. aka Lombard if he beats Okami. If he beats them, then he eliminates title contenders. IMO, it makes sense for Vitor to fight someone who is also coming off of a big win but isn't really close to title contention... that way they can let the rest of the division straighten itself out a little bit more. I think Vitor vs Cung Le would be a fun fight. If either man loses, no harm done since it doesn't seem like the UFC will push either of them for a title shot. The winner of that fight though then could start to take fights that will push them into contention since that would be the only sensible thing to do. What do you guys think?
    What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    middleweight is a weak devision at the moment, no one is even close to good enough to challenge silva, jones has lots of good fights at lhw, and gsp has lots at welterweight. silvas in a bad spot when it comes to finding a suitable contender for his belt.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."