Khabib Nurmagomedov calls out Nate Diaz in post fight interview again.

Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
What do you think of this match-up? Huge Khabib fan, again I was repping the guy before the UFC signed him but does the fight make sense and do you think he's earned Nate Diaz who's a top 10 arguably top 5 Lightweight? Also is he biting off more than he can chew because I'm thinking he is honestly, I'm thinking he's 1 or 2 more wins away from being ready for a guy like Diaz.

If the fight happens, it will have to happen either on UFC on FOX so Khabib can get his name out there so he can start being seen as a legitimate contender in the division and become a face in the sport because right now he carries little to no weight as a title challenger as far as the mainstream is concerned. Or they could make this fight happen when they go to Russia ( Diaz bros in Russia hahaha sounds like a blockbuster comedy ) Fox being more likely though, I don't see Khabib's next fight being Nate but Dana has stated that he likes when guys call fighters out that make sense and has been supporting those actions lately...this makes enough sense, he's 3-0 in the UFC and 19-0 its hard to say he doesn't DESERVE Diaz who I never felt earned the title shot because he's never had a winstreak in his entire career, never shown consistency and never proved he could handle a physically dominant fighter to show us he's improved and would have a chance against Ben.

Discuss.

Tagged:

Comments

• AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    id love to see it, majority of Khabibs oponents are bums, other then a few. It make a good fight, good test. im surprised diaz hasnt reponded

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free
    edited January 2013
    Had no clue who he was until last night, but he made me a believer with that beatdown.

Would love to see a finisher like that get a higher profile match up.
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    AxeMurduh said:

id love to see it, majority of Khabibs oponents are bums, other then a few. It make a good fight, good test. im surprised diaz hasnt reponded

Shalorus, Tibau and Tavares are all very quality Lightweights though and going 16-0 vs " bums " at 22 still isn't anything to scoff at. Also his win over Shamhalaev is a another very legit win.

Had no clue who he was until last night, but he made me a believer with that beatdown.

Would love to see a finisher like that get a higher profile match up.

I honestly think him fighting Nate next is kind of...skipping a major step, his next fight should be on the main card of a pay per view against someone along the lines of Jamie Varner, Edson Barboza or Jim Miller.

Still curious to see where the Khabib train will end up.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,433Free
    edited January 2013
    I would rather they have a different fight before this happens I like both so Nate going 0-2 or Khabibs streak getting ended I don't want to see either. I say give Nate Lauzon and Khabib vs Varner.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Skys the limit, Kids gonna go far imo. Give him Nate I say.

I would rather they have a different fight before this happens I like both so Nate going 0-2 or Khabibs streak getting ended I don't want to see either. I say give Nate Lauzon and Khabib vs Varner.

Both those fights are very favorale for Nate and Khabib in my opinion but I'd rather see Khabib face Miller or Barboza honestly. He's beaten a lot of the powerful, pressure fighters with strong hands and takedowns who move forward ( Shalorus, Tibau, Tavares) I think a different stylistic matchup is called for Miller and Barboza would definitely test things from Khabib we haven't seen before ( so would Diaz especially ) kind of why I like those fights more.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free

Both those fights are very favorale for Nate and Khabib in my opinion but I'd rather see Khabib face Miller or Barboza honestly. He's beaten a lot of the powerful, pressure fighters with strong hands and takedowns who move forward ( Shalorus, Tibau, Tavares) I think a different stylistic matchup is called for Miller and Barboza would definitely test things from Khabib we haven't seen before ( so would Diaz especially ) kind of why I like those fights more.

I vote for Barboza. Guaranteed fireworks. Although Miller would be great too
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• I agree I think he is another 1 or 2 more fights away from Diaz depending on who he fights and how the fights go. I really wanna see that fight though. WAR Khabib!
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    i think he should fight lauzon
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    Diaz would end his hype train
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Lauzon would be a sick fight
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
    or maybe diego sanchez
    "Believe in the beard"

• MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
    He should get Diaz. He'd probably ragdoll him like Rory did.
    PunchBag said:

or maybe diego sanchez

That would be twisted, I hope if all possible thats next for him.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free
    I don't think he should get a fight with Nate who is one of the best lightweights and Khabib still needs to be built. Khabib vs Barboza, Pearson or Sanchez (Once he rolls through Gomi) would be a good next step for him in my opinion.

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
    don't rush him up the ladder to fast...

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

PATSTER said:

hahahahahahaha

"I was repping him before the UFC signed him......."

lmao

It's true dough, also I just want you guys to know Ansem is a garbage poster, when my cat walks across my keyboard he leaves more insightful ish to read than that guy.

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
    I remember, MATW was repping nurmagomedov and Gunnar Nelson.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Khabib vs Dos Anjos or Diaz
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    still think lauzon is best matchup
    "Believe in the beard"

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    I like the sound of Khabib vs Barboza
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• amuneraamunera Posts: 1,912Free
    Barboza or Lauzon.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• MoonyMoony Posts: 845Registered Users
    Looks like Nurmaggedon for Tavares.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Khabib vs Dos Anjos or Diaz
    amunera said:

Barboza or Lauzon.

I actually like Lauzon vs Barboza matching up. Khabib deserves a contender fight at this point. Maynard would be better imo

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    Little Fedor needs a top 10 guy. Established top 10.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun