Anderson Silva's last 10 fights before retiring. Who do you want him to fight?

megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
I think it's pretty safe to say that no matter what, win or lose, A.Silva is going to retire after those ten fights he signed with the UFC (probably even sooner imho, especially if he starts losing),

Let's assume however that he actually completes the deal and fights ten more times.

Which fighters would you like him to face the most?

Here's my Top 10 list of fighters I want Anderson to fight/destroy the most:

10. Chael Sonnen- Ten fights is a long time and although I don't want to see Chael fight Anderson right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him fail for a third time after hyping himself to the point of no return once again in a couple of years.

9. Michael Bisping- I already knew he would get wrecked by Silva if they ever fought, but after last night, I'm fearful for Bisping's life if he ever gets to face Silva, I hope he gets his shot someday just so I can see him get his head knocked clean out.

8. Shogun Rua- This fight would be higher on the list if Shogun wasn't done, but... He is. If he fought Silva like he did Vera and Gus, he wouldn't be seeing a 3rd round. He should retire and what better way to send off a legend then to have him face another legend?

7. Hector Lombard- Lombard's going to be Bisping 2.0, he'll beat a couple of nobodies or one dimensional fighters, get in a title eliminator and lose everytime, but just like Bisping and Sonnen ten fights are a long time, somebody gets injured and he miraculously gets put in there with Silva, it would be a fun fight and I would be intrigued to see how Silva would react to Lombard's skillset, I would pick Silva though easily.

6. Chris Weidman- He's talking a lot of ****, but to be honest, through all the insipid whining, he said something that made me believe he had Silva's number, He said; "I'm going to go in there, get Silva down and submit him". Easier said than done sure, but that's the right gameplan, other fighters want to stand and trade with Silva, others want to L'n'P, but few fighters had this, no monkey business straight to the point approach Chris' talking about.

5. Vitor Belfort / Rashad Evans (Tie)- I think that both of them have what it takes to bring the fight to Silva, one with the striking and one with the grappling, I think both of them are in their prime right now (especially Vitor after last night and the JBJ fight he showed to me at least that he has evolved and also, that he can hang with more well rounded fighters than the one's back in the day), Rashad can win via UD of course,but I'm pretty certain that in both situations, Silva would find his mark first.

4.Nick Diaz- Nick asked for it, so I don't see why not, just a fun fight between two completely different styles.

3. Lyoto Machida- This fight isn't going to happen, but it would be awesome.

2. GSP- Grease would lose, That's enough for me to make me want this fight BAD!

1. Jon Jones- This fight needs to happen.
Post edited by megaman on

Tagged:

Comments

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited January 2013
    This is my Top ten list of fighters I least want Silva to face:

10. Le

9. Boestch / Costa

8. Palhares

7. Leben

6. Franklin

5. Bonnar

4. Griffin

5. Prado

4. Vera

3. Dollaway

2. Belcher

1. Okami
    Post edited by megaman on

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    It would be a dream come true for me if he and Hendo somehow crossed paths again. Either I get my wish and Hendo gets his revenge, or I at least get to see two legends do battle once more.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    edited January 2013
    The only fights i'm interested in are against Vitor or Jones or another top LHW like Shogun/Rashad/Rampage not any of that Bonnar/Forrest crap
    Post edited by carnages41 on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BlueChildBlueChild Posts: 1,026Free
    I wish he would either just defend his title 2-3 times/year or retire or give up the belt and fight whoever. I dont really care that much. <:-P

I Spam for Efect.

I was here , But now I am gone, I left this note to turn you on.

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,066Premium
    chronological order (not the order that I want to see most)
    1. GSP
    2. Weidman (just to shut him up for whining so long about being a contender after 1 mid level win)
    3. Lombard
    4. Shogun
    5. Rashad
    6. Jones
    7. Glover
    8. Gustaffson
    9. Cormier
    10. hw champ lol idk

^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Syklone said:

chronological order (not the order that I want to see most)
    1. GSP
    2. Weidman (just to shut him up for whining so long about being a contender after 1 mid level win)
    3. Lombard
    4. Shogun
    5. Rashad
    6. Jones
    7. Glover
    8. Gustaffson
    9. Cormier
    10. hw champ lol idk

Anderson denied the rumor he has signed a 10 fight deal and even if he did he's free to retire at any point its part of his contract he doesn't have to take a single more fight or he could fight until he's 174 because he ages like wine apparently he's immortal, from another planet.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,436Free
    At middleweight I wanna see him fight Weidman and Lombard.

For superfights/LHW fights-GSP, Jones, Shogun, Rashad, Nick Diaz
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

Why Shogun, Nick or Rashad?

He will KILL Shogun, he's strikes in like the 17th dimension while Shogun drags his feet in the 1st dimension, he'd TKO him inside 2 rounds no doubt.

He would kill Nick too, way faster, way more powerful, way better movement, way bigger, reach advantage....I mean he could finish Diaz inside 2 rounds with agreeing not to throw a single punch at the pre fight press conference no problem.

Seriously why Rashad? He either makes Rashad do the stanky, sinks in a late submission or gets grinded on for 25 minutes I don't see what's interesting about the matchup.

The GSP fight is simply because they're the 2 best current champions in all of mixed martial arts and they could meet in the middle of 170 and 185 reasonably so but this fight isn't a compelling matchup either outside what it stands for. Jones vs Anderson is what we all really want at 185lbs Lombard, Mousasi and Weidman if they pick up momentum and show us more impressive performances against top guys could be interesting opponents for him too.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    I want to see Silva vs Jones, but Silva's scared.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

I want to see Buakaw vs Floyd but Floyd would get beaten to death.
    edited January 2013

That's why I spend so much time discussing boxing on the MMA forum. Trolls keep bringing it up. Back in the 70's, full contact karate fighters used to destroy kickboxers (muy thai) with almost pure boxing, so it's always hard for me to believe kickboxers are P4P.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,066Premium
    edited January 2013
    The only man at 205 and below who can make a fight with Anderson competitive is Jon Jones.
    Otherwise, it's just Anderson obliterating opponents. And that's why I want to see him fight all the guys at 205 as well as GSP, Weidman etc.

Post edited by the_enigma on
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

That's why I spend so much time discussing boxing on the MMA forum. Trolls keep bringing it up. Back in the 70's, full contact karate fighters used to destroy kickboxers (muy thai) with almost pure boxing, so it's always hard for me to believe kickboxers are P4P.
    It's alright man, I'm just teasing you I know you're set in your ways and sticking to them old-timer beliefs and as far as I'm concerned guys like Aldo and Buakaw and a lot of other guys could decimate Floyd inside 1 or 2 rounds or beat him to bits to a decision if they so pleased I don't really care and I respect and love boxing all the same.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

It's alright man, I'm just teasing you I know you're set in your ways and sticking to them old-timer beliefs and as far as I'm concerned guys like Aldo and Buakaw and a lot of other guys could decimate Floyd inside 1 or 2 rounds or beat him to bits to a decision if they so pleased I don't really care and I respect and love boxing all the same.
    Aldo would get owned by Flloyd
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,419Free
    edited January 2013
    1: GSP
    2: SONNEN
    3: EVANS
    4: WEIDMAN
    5: MACDONALD ( RORY )
    6: MUNOZ
    7: OKAMI ( REMATCH )
    8: SHEILDS
    9: DAVIS
    10: ELLENBERGER

HM: HENDRICKS
    Post edited by JoeTheGiggolo on
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    Chronologically:

Rashad at 205
    Vitor/Weidman winner
    Mousasi or Rockhold, assuming one of them gets two quality wins at MW
    Jones superfight
    Retire as the undisputed GOAT

Shogun-Maybe a few years ago. Now I have no desire to see my favorite fighter get destroyed.
    GSP-Will most likely lose within the next year or so, eliminating the need for the mismatch
    Diaz-Has no business being in the cage with GSP let alone Silva

Any other fights make as much sense as feeding Bonnar to him again.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,839Free
    edited January 2013
    1. jones
    2. gsp
    3. belfort
    4. rockhold
    5. weidman
    6. lombard
    7. evans
    8. sonnen
    9. shogun
    10. henderson

machida wont let silva fight jones, he wants the LHW title and would be upset if silva took it without at least giving machida another shot at jones. Jones has no desire to ifght silva so the only way the fiht would hpapen is if silva moved to lhw and challenged for the title but like i said machida doesnt want him to.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,436Free

NyteRyder said:

Why Shogun, Nick or Rashad?

He will KILL Shogun, he's strikes in like the 17th dimension while Shogun drags his feet in the 1st dimension, he'd TKO him inside 2 rounds no doubt.

He would kill Nick too, way faster, way more powerful, way better movement, way bigger, reach advantage....I mean he could finish Diaz inside 2 rounds with agreeing not to throw a single punch at the pre fight press conference no problem.

Seriously why Rashad? He either makes Rashad do the stanky, sinks in a late submission or gets grinded on for 25 minutes I don't see what's interesting about the matchup.

The GSP fight is simply because they're the 2 best current champions in all of mixed martial arts and they could meet in the middle of 170 and 185 reasonably so but this fight isn't a compelling matchup either outside what it stands for. Jones vs Anderson is what we all really want at 185lbs Lombard, Mousasi and Weidman if they pick up momentum and show us more impressive performances against top guys could be interesting opponents for him too.
    That is why I want him to fight Diaz lol

It would be interesting for him to fight Shogun because of their striking abilities.Shogun is tough to finish and just keeps coming forward. But yeah Anderson would prob beat him but I can see Shogun landing some nice kicks.

2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 808Free
    He throws stupid biased comments in for fighters he doesnt like, that makes this a TROLL thread haha.

One thing has been proven over and over in every fighting sport, even MMA- the most effective, most efficient way to defeat your opponent is with punches. When 2 opponents are facing each other in a combat situation, the fists are closer to the opponents face then any other weapon (body part) is to any other vital body part.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

The only fights i'm interested in are against Vitor or Jones or another top LHW like Shogun/Rashad/Rampage not any of that Bonnar/Forrest crap

lol rampage top LHW

The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    I think one thing we could all agree with on this forum (and it's rare we all agree on anything) is that Silva is the best middleweight MMA has ever seen. Therefore, I think the most interesting fights would be the top guys outside of that division...

1. Jon Jones - These are hands-down the 2 best guys and the one fight where Silva is not the definite favorite. This fight has so many reasons for happening that it just would be AWESOME to watch

2. GSP - GSP has been boring me as of late, but he still is an incredible champ and has really never been bested yet. His 2 losses were to guys he also beat and he needs a real challenge. This fight has been asked for for 5 years now

3. Weidman - The one guy left at MW who has a very realistic chance of taking the belt. He is probably not better than Silva, but stylistically he matches up extremely well with Silva's weakness. He's all the strengths of Sonnen without the choke

4. Shogun

5. Rashad

6. Hendricks

7. Lombard

8. Rockhold

9. Le

10. Vitor
  • I want to see Hendo put him to sleep at 205.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • hendo is old .. enough of this Captain America Mentality !! Just because the dude can get TRT and give the illusion of top contender status doesnt mean we should buy it ..

Derp derp derp
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 5,379Registered Users
    10 fights is going to be a tall order at his age... I bet he'll win his next two, lose his third, then go on a 3 fight losing streak until Dana forces him into the Hall of Fame and buys him out of his contract...

with that said, if Mousasi moves down to 185, I'd like to see that fight...
    wanderleisilva101 is the predictions king he told me Aldo would send Edgar crying to BW.

let me tell you how you're feeling right now... my precision is very precise...
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,322Free
    In order:

1. Weidman
    2. GSP
    3. Hendo
    4. Vitor
    5. Jones
    6. Lombard
    7. Mousasi
    8. Spong
    9. Diaz
    10. Munoz
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free

hendo is old .. enough of this Captain America Mentality !! Just because the dude can get TRT and give the illusion of top contender status doesnt mean we should buy it ..

Derp derp derp
    You may not like it, but he's right.

Hendo is a quickly fading star. He earned his status at this point with an extremely narrow decision over a very one-dimensional Shogun.(Still one of the best fights in MMA history) Not to mention, most people scored the fight a draw.

I would much rather see a Vitor rematch since Belfort got caught and never really landed. He also has more weapons to challenge Silva.

Hendo landed good shots, had a dominant position and still never hurt Andy. There's no reason to think a slower, non-wrestling version of Henderson has any chance.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free

hendo is old .. enough of this Captain America Mentality !! Just because the dude can get TRT and give the illusion of top contender status doesnt mean we should buy it ..

Derp derp derp
    You may not like it, but he's right.

Hendo is a quickly fading star. He earned his status at this point with an extremely narrow decision over a very one-dimensional Shogun.(Still one of the best fights in MMA history) Not to mention, most people scored the fight a draw.

I would much rather see a Vitor rematch since Belfort got caught and never really landed. He also has more weapons to challenge Silva.

Hendo landed good shots, had a dominant position and still never hurt Andy. There's no reason to think a slower, non-wrestling version of Henderson has any chance.
    You use the fact that Hendo landed and got good position against AS as a negitive against Hendo and say that because Vitor never got off he deserves a second crack. To me its the other way around. Vitor looked like he was frozen in ice he was so scared to do anything and Hendo showed that he can at least get in there and mix it up with AS. Hendo won that 1st round if my memory serves me correctly.

Your right about Hendo being slower and less of a wrestling threat though. However I woulf still love to see these two titans of the sport go at it again. I think Hendo still has some fight left in him.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free

Aldo would get owned by Flloyd
    A few full power Aldo lowkicks on a leg that has ''zero'' experience taking kicks = TKO. Trust me on this.

OT: Jones, GSP, Machida, Weidman, Lombard, Belcher, Evans, Hendo, Diaz, Gustaffson

should be fun

• wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,322Free

vitor vs. hendo anyone ??

WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!