I think it's pretty safe to say that no matter what, win or lose, A.Silva is going to retire after those ten fights he signed with the UFC (probably even sooner imho, especially if he starts losing),
Let's assume however that he actually completes the deal and fights ten more times.
Which fighters would you like him to face the most?
Here's my Top 10 list of fighters I want Anderson to fight/destroy the most:
10. Chael Sonnen- Ten fights is a long time and although I don't want to see Chael fight Anderson right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him fail for a third time after hyping himself to the point of no return once again in a couple of years.
9. Michael Bisping- I already knew he would get wrecked by Silva if they ever fought, but after last night, I'm fearful for Bisping's life if he ever gets to face Silva, I hope he gets his shot someday just so I can see him get his head knocked clean out.
8. Shogun Rua- This fight would be higher on the list if Shogun wasn't done, but... He is. If he fought Silva like he did Vera and Gus, he wouldn't be seeing a 3rd round. He should retire and what better way to send off a legend then to have him face another legend?
7. Hector Lombard- Lombard's going to be Bisping 2.0, he'll beat a couple of nobodies or one dimensional fighters, get in a title eliminator and lose everytime, but just like Bisping and Sonnen ten fights are a long time, somebody gets injured and he miraculously gets put in there with Silva, it would be a fun fight and I would be intrigued to see how Silva would react to Lombard's skillset, I would pick Silva though easily.
6. Chris Weidman- He's talking a lot of ****, but to be honest, through all the insipid whining, he said something that made me believe he had Silva's number, He said; "I'm going to go in there, get Silva down and submit him". Easier said than done sure, but that's the right gameplan, other fighters want to stand and trade with Silva, others want to L'n'P, but few fighters had this, no monkey business straight to the point approach Chris' talking about.
5. Vitor Belfort / Rashad Evans (Tie)- I think that both of them have what it takes to bring the fight to Silva, one with the striking and one with the grappling, I think both of them are in their prime right now (especially Vitor after last night and the JBJ fight he showed to me at least that he has evolved and also, that he can hang with more well rounded fighters than the one's back in the day), Rashad can win via UD of course,but I'm pretty certain that in both situations, Silva would find his mark first.
4.Nick Diaz- Nick asked for it, so I don't see why not, just a fun fight between two completely different styles.
3. Lyoto Machida- This fight isn't going to happen, but it would be awesome.
2. GSP- Grease would lose, That's enough for me to make me want this fight BAD!