Rashad Evans: "I can beat Anderson Silva."

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
If Evans can make 185, Silva would be in huge trouble. Evans is probably the best MMA wrestler today which is Silva weakness.

Look how he man handle Phil Davis whose suppose to be elite. He can also take a shot. A lot of guy's would have went out cold with the elbows Jones hit him with.

What u guys think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rashad-Evans-I-can-beat-Anderson-Silva.html
Tagged:

Comments

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    Evans can beat Silva, but he CANNOT take a shot.

T.Silva rocked him, Rampage rocked him, Jones rocked him, Lyoto Knocked him the F out.

He has what it takes, but his chin will be his downfall.

• TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free

Evans can beat Silva, but he CANNOT take a shot.

T.Silva rocked him, Rampage rocked him, Jones rocked him, Lyoto Knocked him the F out.

He has what it takes, but his chin will be his downfall.

True, but when Lyoto knocked him out he took a bunch of shots before he got ko.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,619Free
    Handspeed: Check

Wrestling: Check

Cardio: Check

Previous Credible Wins: Check

Chin: KTFOOOOOOOO!!!!
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 969Free
    This fight makes perfect sense at LHW. I would want to see Rashad at full strength against Silva, not after his first cut to 185.

Either way Silva finishes him inside two rounds.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,432Free
    Rashad would get knocked out he got rocked running into Rampages leg lol, his ground game would give Silva trouble but when Silva lands he would hurt and finish him.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
    PATSTER said:

You said that Wagner Prado impressed you and you thought he could be top 10 ........

GTFO

LOL

Well his striking was impressive u can't deny that. He landed hard shots that would have put away many light-heavyweights. His opponent had a rock hard chin.

Not my fault Nogueira didn't teach him how to defend a simply leg lock

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Prado sucks, bro.
    Believe in Beard
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,431Free
    I am gonna tell all of you this 1 Time. Silva dropped his hands and let Bonnar hit him. If he tries that S*** with Rashad, He will end up worse than Chuck.
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Nope,Evans has never shown me he has enough gas tank to be champ.Rashad has to work too hard for what he does and that gets him too tired to do much.I still remember when he HAD to wrestle Thiago and he looked really gassed ,he was lucky to pull that fight off.

Versus Anderson he would imo definitely lose,his style is not good enough.He could ONLY do one thing,wrestle Silva down,but then what?His problem is that he spends too much time in his fights,standing opposite and doing nothing,that is dangerous versus Silva.

His strikes like Bisping,with a very short reach,keeps his arms too tight,he is basically a zero threat versus the much quicker and more versatile Silva.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • xCappaxxCappax Posts: 96Elite

Id laugh if rashad cut down to MW and UFC dubbed it a Super Fight !! allah aldo edgar

are they really building up Aldo and Edgar as a "superfight?" If so that's retarded.

• DeathChamberzMusicDeathChamberzMusic Posts: 16Registered Users
    His wrestling would give Anderson trouble but he would still get knocked out And Anderson is not weak on the ground His submissions are deadly
    Download Volume 1 and 2 of Dreamstate at www.jakob22.com

www.jakob22.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/jakob22music" target="_blank
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,245Free
    I've been saying I wanted to see this fight for awhile. I think he could give Silva trouble. I believe Shad is only second to Jones out of MW and LHW divisions. I think he would take Machida in a rematch. I see it going like the majority of both Silva/Sonnen fights except Rashad hits a lot harder and would be able to finish Silva if he was in the position Sonnen was in. Plus Rashad is a BJJ black belt ;)
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,431Free

I've been saying I wanted to see this fight for awhile. I think he could give Silva trouble. I believe Shad is only second to Jones out of MW and LHW divisions. I think he would take Machida in a rematch. I see it going like the majority of both Silva/Sonnen fights except Rashad hits a lot harder and would be able to finish Silva if he was in the position Sonnen was in. Plus Rashad is a BJJ black belt ;)

And Silva is susceptible to Heel Hooks ;)

Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Silva would beat Evans, Evans at 185 won't be as strong as Silva is pretty damn strong if they ever clinch.
    Lyoto countered Rashad pretty well-Silva would make it look easy.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    At 205, there's a remote chance he'd pose more problems. At mw, after his first ever cut to 185... I wouldn't even bother showing up. Silva would cripple him.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    I would like to see the fight at lhw, silva is basicaly a lhw and rashad is not a middle weight. And for those people who say rashad has no chin, anybody can get rocked when hit by a lhw cleanly, but he did not get ko'd. machida hit him lots of times after he was rocked before he got knocked out. i think silva needs to take a few fights at lhw because he has a lot more competition and interesting fight up their, the middle weight devision is so weak right now.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • V3djV3dj Posts: 15Free
    if evans cant beat machido who seriously thinks he can beat anderson at 185 please Rashad talks a good fight his wrestling has taken him so far but its not enough to be champ in any class he chooses to fight in he is a business man and knows best money fight is Anderson
    Fact Silva GOAT end of....
    https://soundcloud.com/#v3dj
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,372Free
    V3dj said:

if evans cant beat machido who seriously thinks he can beat anderson at 185 please Rashad talks a good fight his wrestling has taken him so far but its not enough to be champ in any class he chooses to fight in he is a business man and knows best money fight is Anderson

Your grammar is horrendous.

If this fight were to happen, Rashad would be doing the "stanky leg" once again.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• V3djV3dj Posts: 15Free
    wow who informed the grammer police ....
    Fact Silva GOAT end of....
    https://soundcloud.com/#v3dj
    V3dj said:

wow who informed the grammer police ....

I noticed it when I saw you were posting on all the threads on the first page.

Police? No

But I don't want to skim through your post trying to figure out what you meant to say. Try using some punctuation.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Dont like either guy but would love to see the fight
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1

All UFC is doing is trying to market big names vs. big names with anderson .. Anderson can sell himself and trying to use stunts like rashad vs. anderson is just another waste of time and delay for the real top contenders .. Anderson avoids threats by saying ahh he needs three more fights ..well thats BS cause that will take two years from now .. wow do we really wanna see weidman vs. a 40 year old ??

you guys can cry all you want about anderson but stop trying to put him against names ..instead put him against the real comp !!

People are tired of seeing him easily stomp the "real comp". They want to see him against the other greats in the UFC in superfights before his time is over.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

wow now UFC wants to put declining fighters in other weight classes against him in his division and dubb it a super fight .. nothing the UFC does is pure .. its based on Hype and money

If anderson wants a real super fight then he would demand Jon Jones .. he could win easily IMO .. then he can go back to fighting even easier comp like weidman and lombard and rocknuttz ... but nahh lets tip toe around some more and let him age his **** into retirement ..

so while Jones is fighting his 2nd fighter from a lighter weightclass...

Anderson would be fighting his 2nd former champion from the weightclass above. Sounds like legit competition to be, plus what makes you think Evans is 'declining'?
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    This is probably the fight to save Silva from a 2013 drought.

Apart from Weidman who's out until the summer, there's absolutely nobody at MW. Rashad is a big name, he's a challenge, and there's money to be made here. Let's do it.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free

^
    thats your dana white mentality .. Money to be made !!

you ruin the sport .. when their arent guys in line then pull super fights and big names ..

So big name fights with guys who became big names by becoming champions and fighting the best guys in the world -- that ruins the sport... Making super fights that people wanna see when there's no one else in line -- that ruins the sport... You reeeeeeetard.

• cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    PoloRidah said:

All UFC is doing is trying to market big names vs. big names with anderson .. Anderson can sell himself and trying to use stunts like rashad vs. anderson is just another waste of time and delay for the real top contenders .. Anderson avoids threats by saying ahh he needs three more fights ..well thats BS cause that will take two years from now .. wow do we really wanna see weidman vs. a 40 year old ??

you guys can cry all you want about anderson but stop trying to put him against names ..instead put him against the real comp !!

People are tired of seeing him easily stomp the "real comp". They want to see him against the other greats in the UFC in superfights before his time is over.
    THIS ^^^^^
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free

If Evans can make 185, Silva would be in huge trouble. Evans is probably the best MMA wrestler today which is Silva weakness.

Look how he man handle Phil Davis whose suppose to be elite. He can also take a shot. A lot of guy's would have went out cold with the elbows Jones hit him with.

What u guys think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rashad-Evans-I-can-beat-Anderson-Silva.html

Davis had never fought a top opponent.

GSP has better MMA wrestling than Rashad. Rashad usually ends up on the fence struggling for a TD.

And so far while everyone has been saying that Anderson's weakness is wrestling, this is starting to look as if it's not completely true. He's already stopped shots from Okami, Chael, and Henderson.

I still think Rashad would be a decent challenge to him but my money would definitely go on Silva.. Rashad doesn't have the same tools Silva has to win... Silva would definitely respect him more than Bonnar though..