Sonnen: TUF 17 is “incredibly nasty”

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited January 2013 in The Ultimate Fighter
Chael Sonnen (27-12) says the new season of The Ultimate Fighters has the nastiest field of competitors yet. Sonnen faces off against Jon Jones (17-1) for the UFC light heavyweight title on April 27 in New Jersey. Here’s what he told MMA Fighting about the show and his rival coach.

“This tournament is incredibly nasty. When Dana said it, here’s the problem, I’m not sure of who he’s referring to. There’s some hammers in this tournament, there really are. I also heard him make the comment, and he said it jokingly, but he still said it that,`What am I going to do with the winner of the tournament, put him against Anderson Silva for the title?’ When the president talks that way, it means something. This is the nastiest field of competitors. All you have to do is watch the very first show. It’s the eliminations to see who gets into the house. When you see the guys who don’t make it into the final cut, that’s when you’re going to understand how tough it is.”

From www.mmaliveshere.com
Post edited by bigdw35 on
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    dont listen to anything sonnen says hes a hype machine :(
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    I believe him.
    Believe in Beard
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I havn't been able to bring myself to care about TUF since season 5 or so. I watched the heavyweight season but that just reaffirmed my growing dislike of it.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    I will believe it when I see it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • bigdw35bigdw35 Chi-TownPosts: 2,796Moderator, Ultimate
    I will believe the hype when I see it... Sonnen is great at "selling".....that being said it may be a season that has nothing but fighters "dry humping" each other...lol We shall soon see.... T minus 5.5 hours.

"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,057Free
    Unless he's filled it with Eastern Europeans I highly doubt they managed to find any real contender level fighters.. they've already milked the states dry.

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• Me_Against_The_WorldMe_Against_The_World Posts: 7,885Registered Users
    Ozpride said:

Unless he's filled it with Eastern Europeans I highly doubt they managed to find any real contender level fighters.. they've already milked the states dry.

Eastern Europeans have a lot to offer the UFC so does Central Asia still waiting for Azerbaijani wrestlers to make their way to mixed martial arts, same with Uzbek kickboxers and wrestlers. Middle East has to have a lot to offer Iran, Afghanistan, India, and so on. I think there's a lot of Asian countries they need to still infiltrate like Thailand ( DUH?), Cambodia Philippines and probably they need to try harder in places like Korea, China and Japan. Europe is far from bled dry though and Latin America has a long ways to go Argentina and Mexico especially. Tons of talent in US, Canada and Brazil still out there but I'm really tired of them paying 90% of their focus on 2 countries.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I want to see the KTFO where the guy leaves in an ambulance
  • MetatronBJJMetatronBJJ Posts: 1,243Free

Ozpride said:

Eastern Europeans have a lot to offer the UFC so does Central Asia still waiting for Azerbaijani wrestlers to make their way to mixed martial arts, same with Uzbek kickboxers and wrestlers. Middle East has to have a lot to offer Iran, Afghanistan, India, and so on. I think there's a lot of Asian countries they need to still infiltrate like Thailand ( DUH?), Cambodia Philippines and probably they need to try harder in places like Korea, China and Japan. Europe is far from bled dry though and Latin America has a long ways to go Argentina and Mexico especially. Tons of talent in US, Canada and Brazil still out there but I'm really tired of them paying 90% of their focus on 2 countries.
    I think Russians will do well. I think Mexico and Central America will run the lighter divisions. Africa needs to be tapped in to also(they have some big athletic dudes over there).
    I don't want to knock him out. I want to hurt him. If I knock him down, I'll stand back, give him a chance to breathe. It's his heart I want. - Smokin Joe Frazier
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free

I believe him.

:-)
    Believe in Beard
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    Uriah Hall would smash Canderson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate

Uriah Hall would smash Canderson

Weidman > Hall > Anderson

No wonder why Silva doesn't want the fight
    UFC Community account: _Josh_