How do you see Jones/Silva playing out

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
Give us how you personally see the fight going down since this is the fight we all want to see...since they're not booking it, this is the most fun we could have

Entrances...

Jones comes out first pumped up and as confident as you could be when you are about to be locked in a cage with Silva

Silva comes out last relaxed and as confident as you could be when you are about to be locked in a cage with Jones

Goosebumps as the introductions are made

First round:

Fight stays standing for a couple of minutes. No one is quick to throw serious strikes...similar to Vitor/Silva. Silva gets a significant blow that almost takes Jones out, but Jones gets the takedown. Jones gets some serious gnp in before the round is over

Second round:

Jones goes for an early takedwonn and misses. Eventually gets the takedown and the stoppage via gnp!

Tagged:

Comments

• ostrobeshowostrobeshow Posts: 50Ultimate
    Here's how I see it... Silva retires before the fight could ever happen, because let's face it... he won't fight anybody who he thinks has a chance to beat him... that's why he fought Bonnar, when Weidman was practically begging for a shot... I am not taking away anything from the skill of Anderson, but his "legacy" and being the greatest p4p ever, to me is a joke... Jones has consistently beat champion after champion impressively, and I think he would demolish Anderson, and Anderson knows this... That's why IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
    Attended UFC 88, 97, 111, 154, 158, and Fight Night 26 Boston. 171 NEXT!
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

Here's how I see it... Silva retires before the fight could ever happen, because let's face it... he won't fight anybody who he thinks has a chance to beat him... that's why he fought Bonnar, when Weidman was practically begging for a shot... I am not taking away anything from the skill of Anderson, but his "legacy" and being the greatest p4p ever, to me is a joke... Jones has consistently beat champion after champion impressively, and I think he would demolish Anderson, and Anderson knows this... That's why IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

some truth in this statement...mostly the part where silva doesn't fight people who have a chance of beating him. fighting bonnar, but not weidman was crazy. HOWEVER, he is **** LEGIT and would have a huuuuuge chance against Jones or anyone. I think this would be a pick em
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    edited January 2013
    Sisti said:

some truth in this statement...mostly the part where silva doesn't fight people who have a chance of beating him. fighting bonnar, but not weidman was crazy. HOWEVER, he is **** LEGIT and would have a huuuuuge chance against Jones or anyone. I think this would be a pick em
    The Bonnar fight was on short notice and there's absolutely no way that Silva and Weidman would have been ready to train and cut to 185 on time. You don't rush a title fight like that and it was never even on the table, let alone offered to either party. Basically, Andy said give me anyone who's up for it at 205 and Bonnar stepped up.
    Post edited by bluesy on
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    bluesy said:

Sisti said:

The Bonnar fight was on short notice and there's absolutely no way that Silva and Weidman would have been ready to train and cut to 185 on time. You don't rush a title fight like that and it was never even on the table, let alone offered to either party. Basically, Andy said give me anyone who's up for it at 205 and Bonnar stepped up.
    anyways, this one has been talked about before

i'm more curious how people see jones/silva playing out IF it did happen
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,038Free
    Sisti said:

Jones [...] Eventually gets the takedown and the stoppage via gnp!

Silva is unimpressed by hits to the face.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,265Free
    najma said:

Sisti said:

Jones [...] Eventually gets the takedown and the stoppage via gnp!

Silva is unimpressed by hits to the face.

One simply does not eat punches to the face on purpose

Unless you're Anderson Silva.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,418Free
    Jones ragdolls Silva then, in rolls the RAIN........of Elbows, then.....OMG!!! There is Blood EVERYWHERE!
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Silva via whatever he wants. That's coming from a fan of both.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
    Bones is terrified of Silva, his performance would suffer alot from it.
    Silva would make a statement with a first round TKO.
  • Muzzle_rousey_pleaseMuzzle_rousey_please Posts: 231Free
    edited January 2013
    Anderson will cement his legacy by fighting jones and retiring after he defeats bones via tko in the 2nd round
    Post edited by Muzzle_rousey_please on
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • CyberSlayerCyberSlayer Posts: 3,377Registered Users

i've been watching all Jon Jones fights since last week, and i'm impressed.
    it doesn't matter how good wrestler his opponent was, he would get outwrestled.

i think he will take anderson down a few times, but he couldn't finish a stoned matt hamill, how will him finish anderson the matrix silva? also, belfort almost got his arm, he should be afraid of anderson of his back.

we have to remember it's a 5 round fight, and they all start standing.
    jon jones was almost untouchable so far, but that's because he fought mainly one dimensional strikers (our at least predictable ones).

both are very unorthodoxy and unpredictable, so i'm expecting both will be tagged many times.

and we know anderson silva can handle it. can jon jones?

i got AS via 3rd round (t)ko

Machida is one of the best strikers EVER in MMA..
    When you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced.Live your life so that when you die,the world cries and you rejoice.White Elk.

BROCKSMASH a true legend of the UFC forums
  • BYBrawlBYBrawl Posts: 1,057Free
    The only way I could see Silva losing this one is if he flash kick KO Jones when he's doing his monkey crawl to start the match. DQ loss, of course.
    It's like wiping your **** before ya poop, it don't make sense!

Official Member of the Bacon Lovers Association
  • TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
    Even tough I think Silva is the superior striker, I just see Jones forcing the clinch and using his superior takedowns to take Silva down easily, and then begin raining those elbow of his.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    Jones wins By tko ( knee injury) by push- kicking the hell out of silva's lead leg. ;)
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Jones would pretty much take Silva down at will and then just pound him out.
    jones will take him down, will pour elbows, referee will interfere, doctor will check jones' cut, it's super deep! AS won via tko(cut) PUNCHES AND ELBOWS BEHIND THE BACK doctor stoppage
    Post edited by x2sasa on
    HW: Mark Hunt, Daniel Cormier

LHW: Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida

MW: Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort

WW: Nick Diaz, Rory Mcdonald

LW: Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez

FW: Chang Sung Jung, Chad Mendes

BW: Michael Mcdonald