Pettis: Cowboy thinks he's the big man on campus

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
Former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis (15-2) doesn't like the way Donald Cerrone's (19-4) been talking. A year after he tore his shoulder against Joe Lauzon (22-8), "Showtime" is ready to add another highlight reel finish to his collection. He told MMA Fighting he doesn't dislike Cerrone, but hasn't enjoyed the trash talk and 'ducking accusations.' Pettis says Cerrone lied about asking for the fight for years. In an interview minutes earlier, "Cowboy” admitted to making things up to make the fight happen.

"It's not that I dislike him. I don't like the way he's been talking. He's one of them guys that has to talk fights up to amp people up. I think when I fight, people want to watch my fight. They don't know what to expect, I got that factor of they want to see what's going to happen when I step in the Octagon. For him to call me out and say I was scared to fight him, I think he just went around it the wrong way. I mean if you want to fight me, ask to fight me. After the Lauzon fight, after the week off, I decided what was going to happen. Was I going to take the surgery or sit down and wait for somebody else. No one was on the table. No one wanted the fight, so I'm like, alright, makes sense to get the surgery done, let's take care of it now. All of a sudden when I'm hurt, I have the surgery done, he's the big man on campus wanting to fight everybody now. So it just pissed me off the way he went about it."

From www.mmaliveshere.com
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged:

Comments