Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold in the works

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Nice!

That would be an awesome fight. Every were I look Rockhold is very highly ranked even above Lombard which I think is crazy. His best win is against Souza, otherwise very unproven.

Belfort would be an excellent challenge for him I believe. What u guy's think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Vitor-Belfort-vs-Luke-Rockhold-in-the-works.html
Tagged:

Comments

• TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
    TUF1 said:

sick hope it gets made

wonder if it'll be another title shot for Belfort's opponent but not Vitor kind of scenario

and i think the rankings are just

Lombard lost to Boetsch of all people recently and Rockhold just beat Souza and finished Jardine.

U actually think Lombard loss to Boetsch? Even in the highlight-reels of that fight all u see is Lombard beating him up
  • TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
    TUF1 said:

TUF1 said:

sick hope it gets made

wonder if it'll be another title shot for Belfort's opponent but not Vitor kind of scenario

and i think the rankings are just

Lombard lost to Boetsch of all people recently and Rockhold just beat Souza and finished Jardine.

U actually think Lombard loss to Boetsch? Even in the highlight-reels of that fight all u see is Lombard beating him up
    nobody won that fight
    I honestly don't know why people hate that fight so bad. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible either in my opinion. I just think people got pissed because it did not live up to the hype, or got mad at Lombard for not rushing in like crazy bull.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    edited January 2013
    Vitor will KO Rockhold imo.

I think Palhares vs Jacare would also be a sick fight but since Palhares has lost his last 2 Boetsch could be a good fight right now until Torquino gets a win or two under his belt.

War Souza!
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    Vitor by first round knockout. He's only behind Weidman as the No. 1 contender now, his only loss at middleweight is to Silva, if you only look at what he's done in the weight class he's on a three fight winning streak with two knockout of the nights.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    The popular vote will probably be Vitor via 1st round KO but I can honestly see Rockhold surviving the first round and winning a 29-28 UD over Vitor. Rockhold is incredibly athletic and fights with high intelligence.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,857Free
    Vitor via ko.

I hope they put it on the next fox card. Get that UFC vs Strikeforce theme goin
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 13,809Free
    edited January 2013
    Rockhold isn't gonna be scared of a fight like this. Call me crazy but i think if Vitor doesn't land quick and often something tells me he's dragged into deep waters and out done to eventually lose a decision.

Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,275Free
    Rockhold is under-rated. I think he takes it.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 38,974Free
    Vitor will win easily

There is no question that Vitor is the #2 MW
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 13,809Free

Vitor will win easily

except for the fact he only has 1 top 10 MW win in his career.

Vitor will win easily

except for the fact he only has 1 top 10 MW win in his career.

EdGOAT went down to FW and has 0 FW wins, but that doesn't change the fact that he is the # 2 FW
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitor will win easily

Weidman smothers Belfort and smashes him into giving up the RNC.

Vitor will win easily

Weedman is a can, he is the JDS of MW

Vitor will win easily

Bahahahaha! I like you carnage... but NO!

Dude is a beast. I know he hasn't proven it yet, but he will.
  • Vitor will win easily

Weidman sucks and won't be a top 5 despite what ever any of you Weidman nuthuggers say and your Weidman nuthugging rankings....... But for the JDS comment c'mon son he wore gold defended it......can't say that about Cain can we? And back to the topic at hand vitor is phenomenal at MW so he would beat rockhold
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free
    Would be a very cool fight, but I believe Vitor would take it

Vitor is hands-down the number 2 guy at MW, but it makes sense to give someone else the title shot

I do think that if he beats Rockhold tho he should get a second crack at Silva
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,343Free
    edited January 2013

The popular vote will probably be Vitor via 1st round KO but I can honestly see Rockhold surviving the first round and winning a 29-28 UD over Vitor. Rockhold is incredibly athletic and fights with high intelligence.

Bisping fanboys were saying the same thing prior to him fighting Vitor and look what happened to him.

Rockhold doesn't have enough experience to go in and get a win over a guy like Vitor who's been fighting since the UFC had no weight classes or rules.

Vitor takes this one in my opinion.

Post edited by Polo on
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

• chonschons Posts: 3,799Free
    IMO, Rockhold should fight Weidman first. Winner fights Vitor, winner of that gets a shot at the goat.
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    PoloRidah said:

Bisping fanboys were saying the same thing prior to him fighting Vitor and look what happened to him.

Rockhold doesn't have enough experience to go in and get a win over a guy like Vitor who's been fighting since the UFC had no weight classes or rules.

Vitor takes this one in my opinion.

Yeah of course Bisping fanboys were saying that. Anyone with a brain new Vitor would KO Bisping. Bisping does not fight well against fighters who fight with high intensity. He lost to Wanderlei for gods sake.
    I'm not a Rockhold fan by any means but there is no denying the ability he has. He's a smart fighter and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he walked away with the W. Now I also wouldn't be surprised if Vitor wins via KO either though.
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,483Free
    edited January 2013
    wouldnt surprise me if rockhold pulled out a win in this fight but belfort is dangerous were ever the fight goes, rockhold has a solid chin and better striking than belfort but he lacks the pwoer in his hands that belfort brings and the killer instinct, gonig to be a good matchup.

i reckon rockhold has the better wrestling also, the way he dismantled kennedy was impressive. not sure who has the better chin either
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free
    I got Belfort for the win. I'm in agreement that Vitor is #2 at MW. I wouldn't mind seeing him knockout Okami after.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 1,066Free
    PunchBag said:

wouldnt surprise me if rockhold pulled out a win in this fight but belfort is dangerous were ever the fight goes, rockhold has a solid chin and better striking than belfort but he lacks the pwoer in his hands that belfort brings and the killer instinct, gonig to be a good matchup.

i reckon rockhold has the better wrestling also, the way he dismantled kennedy was impressive. not sure who has the better chin either

"Better striking than Belfort"?

Not to be insulting, but have you ever watched these two fighters? Or are you just throwing out random statements and hoping no one calls you on it?
    edited January 2013
    belfort relies to heavily on his KO power, rockhold has a very well ronuded striking game, his high kicks are extremely good, in his fight with kennedy he pretty much perplexed him with the standup because he mixes it up so well and has been mixing it up for a while. Only now are we seeing belfort mix his striking up rather than relying on his hands.

I dont see how you can call belforts striking better, he simply KOs people with his hands and has great killer instinct, rockhold picks fighters a part.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    lolz @PunchBag saying luke has better striking than vitor lolz....
    vitor KO...
    i like luke but no...
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim
    you will see when rockhold wins the decision
    "Believe in the beard"