Dana White: Anderson Silva will fight both St. Pierre and Jones before retirement

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Sick of Dana fake promises. I'll believe it when I see it. If they keep holding up, their will be no point in match ups anymore because if any of them beat Silva everyone would blame Silva age for the defeats.

What u guys think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Dana-White-Anderson-Silva-will-fight-both-St-Pierre-and-Jones-before-retirement.html
Tagged:

Comments

• CroCoppedCroCopped Posts: 236Free
    i think money can make anything happen in america and anderson would be severely outclassed on the ground, jones outclassed on the feet
    "truth be told, you are right, none of us are perfect. the only way to truly make the world a better place is to lead by example" -sisti
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well there is no way it can happen unless GSP moves up which would make it a dumb fight.GSP sort of belongs at 185 now as he has spent years gaining lean muscle. Silva is still easily a 205 fighter and could fight at 220.
    As for Silva versus Jones ,i am thinking Silva will avoid it like the plague,that is why to curb the interest,he started calling out GSP.I mean both are tough fights but one guy is a giant and the other is smaller,so he chose the lesser of two evils.

Silva knows to avoid pure embarrassment,he needs to accept one ,so i figure he will be pushing heavy for the GSP fight.It makes the whole thing simple if Rory keeps winning,that way GSP will move up to allow Rory to take over and Silva won't have to look like a fool.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
    CroCopped said:

i think money can make anything happen in america and anderson would be severely outclassed on the ground, jones outclassed on the feet

Well according to Dana, they had an all day long meeting so we will see
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    GSP is too scared to sign, it'll never happen. Jones v. Silva is more likely to happen.
    Believe in Beard
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,344Free
    Jones and GSP are scared of Canderson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    The fact is they all have different body structures that are made for their specific divisions, nothing more. It's ridiculous for any of them to have to be pressured into fighting in weight divisions unnatural to there body size. Silva is of course done both but still, there's a definite handicap no matter who fights who in these matchups.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free
    Blah, blah, blah

GSP will NEVER agree to fight Anderson
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    GSP and Silva are terrified of each other I think. Neither wants to risk having that smudge on the record (especially Silva)
    as for Jones there is no way Silva will ever fight him. I guarantee after Jones gives Sonnen a wrestling lesson, Silva won't even entertain the thought in jest of hopping in the cage with Jones.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    Always GSP's fault right... GSP's division is still packed with talent? Silva's isn't? Not GSP's fault MW is the worst division along with the HW divison.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,054Free
    Given the amount of LW's GSP has been given to fight, I think it's time for him to repay the favor and fight a MW
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    Amount? What is it BJ Penn who begged to fight him twice? Sean Sherk like 6 years ago when he thought he was a WW and actually smashed lots of WW's? Wow, interesting analysis. Silva has fought broken knee patrick cote? thales the biggest can leites? travis the mma from 1991 lutter, who was beating him lol, and who else do i need to name that are on the list of his supposedly "ausome victories"? GSP has fought far more talent, look at their fight histories, that's not my opinion when you look at it in your face.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,054Free

Amount? What is it BJ Penn who begged to fight him twice? Sean Sherk like 6 years ago when he thought he was a WW and actually smashed lots of WW's? Wow, interesting analysis. Silva has fought broken knee patrick cote? thales the biggest can leites? travis the mma from 1991 lutter, who was beating him lol, and who else do i need to name that are on the list of his supposedly "ausome victories"? GSP has fought far more talent, look at their fight histories, that's not my opinion when you look at it in your face.

GSP has fought Penn, Serra, and Sherk, who despite your terrible opinion is WAY too small for WW. He's also fought Menjivar, a BW.

And I notice you bring up Leities and Cote instead of Hendo, Frankiln, Okami, Belfort, Marquardt. Two of those also fight at LHW. Silva has also moved up and beaten Irvin and former champ Griffin.

[ ] Not Told
    [ ] Told
    [x] **** told
    [x] Star Wars: Knights of the Told Republic
    [x] Told Yeller
    [x] Tic Tac Told
    [x] Stone-Told Steve Austin
    [x] Told Spice Body Spray
    [x] Cash4Told.com
    [x] Batman: The Brave and the Told
    [x] JRR Toldkien
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    GSP is a coward.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 445Free

sensationalism at its best. they removed the "probably".

or.....in a chess match.

Tina Turner, secondsout, Steve Podborski, zaksame, Nate Diaz - when you are legit, people want you to quit
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    this was a quote...if GSP beats condit, his next fight will be silva

don't buy this any more
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free

GSP is a coward.

+1

100%
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    I don't buy it. Silva doesn't want anything to do with Jones and GSP won't move up to fight Silva.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,372Free

I don't buy it. Silva doesn't want anything to do with Jones and GSP won't move up to fight Silva.

Wasn't it Jones that came out and said he doesn't want to fight Silva because he doesn't want either of their legacies to be ruined?

It seems to me like Silva is willing to get these superfights scheduled and that GSP and Jones are the push back.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 969Free
    GSP is obviously scared with good reason. He nearly got KO'd in his last fight by a great striker that is still light years away from Silva's level. He also has legitimate challengers at his own weight.

Silva and Jones both seem to be scared of each other as well. They both know the other fighter could dismantle them in their respective area of expertise. This fight is truly a coin toss. The fighters know this and so do the fans, which is exactly why we want to see it!

However, I believe very little of what Dana says. Until Jon and Andy sign to fight, I'll assume this situation unfolds the same as every other superfight opportunity the UFC has had.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Anderson would wipe the floor with GSP. Waste of a fight.
    Believe in Beard
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,372Free

Anderson would wipe the floor with GSP. Waste of a fight.

Wouldn't you love to see it though?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Wasn't it Jones that came out and said he doesn't want to fight Silva because he doesn't want either of their legacies to be ruined?

It seems to me like Silva is willing to get these superfights scheduled and that GSP and Jones are the push back.
    Silva said that he didn't want to fight Jones and Jones agreed that he doesn't want to ruin either of their legacies I believe. I could be wrong since it was awhile ago.

GSP is definitely holding back but I don't blame him, Silva is a terrible matchup for him.

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    PoloRidah said:

Silva was asked if he'd like to fight jones at a press conference and he immediately shook his head no...he just doesn't want a piece of jones right now

If I had to rank them in 1-10 (10 meaning they are very interested in fighting the opponent)....

GSP's interest in fighting Silva - 2
    Silva's interest in fighting GSP - 7
    Silva's interest in fighting Jones - 3
    Jones' interest in fighting Silva - 6

It seems like the guy who is moving up is always a little more reluctant than the guy staying at their weight class
    That looks about right and I don't blame them. Anderson is a way better striker than GSP and has good TDD as well as a size advantage.

Jones vs Anderson is a decent size difference too. Jones is stronger, taller, has a reach advantage, is a decent striker, and is a good wrestler. That is not a good fight for Silva.

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    IF Diaz beats GSP...a big IF! They should let Diaz fight Anderson!!! I wanna see that boy flip the spider off and eat his shots!! You know Diaz will love it if spider backs up against the cage and challenges Diaz to box away.
    Haha, either way, natural body structures is the #1 reason why these superfights dont make sense. Anyone disagrees with that, well, keep your emotionally irrational bias then, fighting someone "NATURALLY" bigger or smaller is just stupid. Not by a couple pounds, but all these guys are like 25 - 30 pounds away from each other.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited January 2013

Haha, either way, natural body structures is the #1 reason why these superfights dont make sense. Anyone disagrees with that, well, keep your emotionally irrational bias then, fighting someone "NATURALLY" bigger or smaller is just stupid. Not by a couple pounds, but all these guys are like 25 - 30 pounds away from each other.

Thats a fair point, except Anderson can fight at 205 easily and is apparently the No.1 P4P fighter. I may be out on a limb here, but surely that means he should of been fighting at 205 for about a year now as he has had no competition at 185? His record consists of 1 legit top 5 guy (Hendo), some fighters 2 or 3 years past their prime (Franklin, Belfort, Okami) and cans. He has all the ability in the world and could easily compete and win at 205, but as long as hes getting paid ridiculous money for easy fights why make the effort? If he fights either of them it will be GSP, which means either a 5 round snoozefest UD for George or a 2 round beatdown by Anderson. Honestly cannot see him ever fighting Jones, even though he has a decent chance of winning IMO.

Post edited by Birdhound on
    I agree Birdhound, i'm just trying to be fair to Silva, He can fight bigger guys, but when it comes to champion vs champion, it becomes a iffy thing for these guys utilize every last pound so darn well, every pound really does count. But I would love to see Jones vs Silva, GSP is to small.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    My real problem with the whole situation is all the talk of 'legacies' and 'superifghts'. Jones' ability to cut down to 205 is crazy considering he walks around at about 240, and that gives him an edge over pretty much all LHWs. He also happens to be a very gifted athlete. Silva really needs a run at 205 to claim his place at the top of the P4P rankings, but he doesn't need to fight Jones. If he can beat 2 or 3 top guys like Evans, Little Nog, Davies or Mousasi (real shame he won't fight Machida), then he goes right up there with Fedor in my book. Plus he has 10 fights left (allegedly), so he can drop back down and win the belt back at 185 once the new batch of fighters have got established. That is a better 'legacy' for a fighter than letting your division stagnate while you swan around taking fights that prove nothing. That is just my way of thinking, but as a fan of MMA since UFC 1, i think it is more in the spirit of the sport (or he should fight Hong Man Choi and Butterbean and a midget at the same time, we all love a freakshow. ;) ).
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited January 2013
    silva has an edge over everyone by simply being silva. if silva got in a cage with a velociraptor i would still pick silva to win via ko
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion