Dana White: Quinton Jackson has made $15.2 million dollars since 2007 in the UFC

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Between that time Rampage fought 11 times in the UFC which = to about 1.4 million per fight.

Not bad for a none champion if you ask me.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Dana-White-Quinton-Jackson-has-made-$152-million-dollars-since-2007-in-the-UFC.html
Tagged:

Comments

• NewMMAFansSuckNewMMAFansSuck Posts: 1,803Free
    edited January 2013
    Yeah it's no secret Rampage has made a ****-ton of money with the UFC. He's acting like a spoiled brat if you ask me, especially for someone coming off a two fight losing streak.
    Post edited by NewMMAFansSuck on
    Edson Barboza 2014 Lightweight Champion!

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    edited January 2013
    If you make $15 million, and get shorted $3 million, you're still getting cheated.

Edit: It also shows what a scumbag Dana is. They don't release fighters' pay info (unless it helps his argument).
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Page is the kinda guy who shoots his mouth off and later forgets what he said or why he said. The whole situation with Joe Rogan's commentary is a perfect example of him saying some whack stuff, only to apologize later when they're face-to-face talking things out rationally.

He's acting like he's champion when he's currently occupying a gatekeeper position.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    Rampage was using the money excuse comparing it to other sports where in a way he's right. Not 100% but i see where he's coming from.

Besides, Rampage feels disrespected and whether that feeling is justified or not doesn't matter. If he wants to leave let him leave.

People keep saying he's always complaining but he wouldn't be saying anything if the media hasn't been berating him non stop on the issue. He's gonna speak his mind when you ask him a question and i don't blame him for being upset when he's having all this negativity thrown at him.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    edited January 2013
    Tell any other professional athlete that they will make 15.2 million in 11 games and they will think your ****ing retarded

Rampage was the best LHW in the world at one point!

Do you think the best NHL player, or NFL player would get paid 15.2 million for 1 game? Let alone 11!
    Post edited by carnages41 on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

Tell any other professional athlete that they will make 15.2 million in 11 games and they will think your ****ing retarded

Do you think the best NHL player, or NFL player would get paid 15.2 million for 1 game? Let alone 11!

dude your ****

dude your ****
    no your ****
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude your ****
    no your ****
    =))

$15 million for 5 years, not 5 games. For you or me, good money, for top professional athletes, not as good. Don't compare it to team athletes, compare it to individuals. Boxers, golfers, tennis players, etc.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    GOATpage is just being a crybaby like usual. He loses some fights and blames the UFC - Same story, different time.

Back when RamGOAT was winning fixed fights in pride, it ruined his expectations of MMA... He became entitled to easy fights and huge paydays when he never was any good.... he lost the title to Forrest for god's sake.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

$15 million for 5 years, not 5 games. For you or me, good money, for top professional athletes, not as good. Don't compare it to team athletes, compare it to individuals. Boxers, golfers, tennis players, etc.
    Ok well it doesn't compare to Mayweathers 50 million

Best Boxer gets 50 million....only needs to know one martial art

Best MMA fighter gets 1.4 million.....needs to know every martial art

It's like comparing the 100 meter champion to the decathalon champion. The decathalon is very good at 10 events, the 100 meter champion is spectacular at 1 event.

It's like comparing the 100 meter champion to the decathalon champion. The decathalon is very good at 10 events, the 100 meter champion is spectacular at 1 event.
    ok but either way, we both know that 1.4 million is very low for a Former champion with a very high drawing power, who is still top 5

even if you are afraid to admit it......

ok but either way, we both know that 1.4 million is very low for a Former champion with a very high drawing power, who is still top 5

I'm the one forum member who supported Rampage. Read my other posts.

I'm the one forum member who supported Rampage. Read my other posts.
    :))
  • STRSTR Posts: 15Premium
    Quinton should count his blessings, take the give me severance pay coming in this match he wants and bow out before someone embarasses him further. I mean lets be real here. John Bones Jones could have finished off Jackson in the first round. He didn't do it and he didn't do it because he was a brother and he didn't want to shut him down and make him look weak. Everyone knows it too! Jones was easy on him for far longer than he should have been. Rampage is yesterday's news. Only the guys like Anderson Silva, JB, Jones, Valesquez, St Piere, and other well rounded full spectrum fighters need apply. Rampage ain't none of that. In fact he is so one dimensional that once on his back he simply doesn't make the grade.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Only $15 million? The most popular athlete in the world only got $15 million? He deserves more.
    Believe in Beard
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 807Free
    People have to be realistic, Rampage is loved, he had such an enormous fan base not only from America but Japan and Asia, which along with Hendo and other Pride guys helped crossover millions of new fans into buying the UFC product, so in that sense Rampage deserved all he got and more. Look at no name boxers who get paid 10 million a fight... The UFC really needs to take a look at fighter unions to fight for their rights, Dana would be bankrupt bum with those brothers if certain guys didn't bring in the fans with their fights and fighting styles.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free

If you make $15 million, and get shorted $3 million, you're still getting cheated.

Edit: It also shows what a scumbag Dana is. They don't release fighters' pay info (unless it helps his argument).

So, he's going to let someone bad mouth him and not give actual figures? LOL.

Believe in Beard
  • They should move that decimal one place to the right for RamGOAT.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Well that's not a lot at all....but its still a lot more then other lower ufc fighters

I'm not asking for page to make more....but that still is not a lot of money

GSP said he made 10+ mil last year...how many times did he fight again?...seem kinda off to me

I wonder how much page made in the Jones fight and how much that effected his earning number

But all in all...I don't trust a damn thing Dana says hour money...and who would
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • WraithhWraithh Posts: 58Free
    15 mil is good man, for losing most of his fights come on.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I call total bs on Dana's claims,the same way he fabricated how much GSP makes "from the UFC".,My quick math comes up with a MAXIMUM of around 6 million,which is around 1 mil per year and that is for a guy who was the Champion.Scott Gomez of the Habs made around 2-3 million per goal scored.The LOWEST paid guy in the NHL is at 475k a year and that is not a full year of work that is around 8 months of work.SO if we took Rampage salary and took 2/3 of it ,he wouldn't be much more paid than the LOWEST hockey player,btw Hockey is not one of the highest paying sports.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free

because boxing only has a couple boxers people will pay to watch, those same cards mayweather fights on has guys making only a few hundred dollars.

ufc even made a dvd just for rampage, i think chael's tweets, combined with rampage thinking he might lose his third fight in a row got him acting like this
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free

because boxing only has a couple boxers people will pay to watch, those same cards mayweather fights on has guys making only a few hundred dollars.

ufc even made a dvd just for rampage, dana white bailed him out of jail and helped him out. i think chael's tweets, combined with rampage thinking he might lose his third fight in a row got him acting like this
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free
    So here's my read on the situation: Rampage and Dana don't like each other personally. That's the beginning and the end of it. Dana has really never had a whole lot of good things to say about 'Page and vise versa. This situation mirrors the Tito/Dana one from years ago. The fighter sees how hard they are working to promote and put on fights that fans WANT to see, they believe any flux of fandom is due to their work, then on the other side of the coin, Dana sees the swelling fan numbers as a reflection of business and marketing choices and giveing these guys a platform to get famous from. And in a way, they are both right...but I think it's a well known fact that MMA superstars are underpaid.

It's not fair to compare them to franchise players of team sports - entities like the NFL, NBA, Premier League, MLB - they have fanbases that on a light day make the entire MMA community appear to be nothing more than a niche market. And while domestic PPV buyrates may be similar between UFC and boxing's top PPVs, there is still quite a large gap in terms of global following between the two sports. However, as a star of his caliber, one would expect Jackson to make more than that. We're talking about a man who went 7-4 since his arrival in 2007; went 2-2 in Championship bouts, and was either the headliner or in co-main event for every single event he appeared in, 5 of his fights earned either KO or FotN honors (one of which was Fight of the Year), and he main evented the only MMA PPV in history to do more than 1m buys without a Championship fight on the card (currently the 4th best selling of all time) - a feat that not even Lesnar/Overeem could match (or even come close to as their sales were 800k).

This is not your typical, run of the mill MMA star. This is a guy, who despite several people playing Monday morning quarterback for his game plans, brings fans to the table. And yet, I don't think his biggest beef was over the lack of pay. I'm sure he feels he deserves more, and I may be inclined to agree - but his big complaint has been the lack of respect from Dana White. Rampage feels so disrespected that he's willing to take his chances in a smaller promotion, earn less money, simply because at the end of the day, dollars don't buy a comfortable work environment. I have said time and again, that the UFC's biggest asset isn't any particular fighter, it's Dana White, and yet he's also simultaneously the reason there is a glass ceiling to how high the UFC (and MMA as a whole) can go. Nothing can be bigger than him, because he has to feel like he's got control over it all. It's why there are no rankings, it's why they won't go public, it's why so much of what happens behind the scenes is either kept in secret, or is allowed to be filmed if it's highly scripted. That way, he controls the narrative. And when you have big stars, with big mouths (see: Rampage, Tito) that threatens him.

Ultimately, Rampage's best earning days, and his chance to be a big star are faded. He's never going to be at that level he once was. So the UFC isn't going to lose out in losing Rampage - but this is just another symptom of the larger illness. Someone earlier pointed out how Dana White won't give out numbers of dollars earned, unless it suits his argument. Which, here's the kicker, even if those figures are 100% accurate, they certainly don't make UFC appear to have treated this man financially fair - and with Dana's temperament and tendency to use the platform afforded to him as President as little more than a megaphone to shout about his grievances - it becomes pretty easy to see how someone like Rampage could feel disrespected... And to think, this all started because Dana just had to spout off about how lackluster Jackson's fight was, when from all accounts I've heard, Dana knew 'Page was fighting injured.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    I think it´s insane to complain about money when you´re making millions. Who cares if it´s a million or ten? You´re still filthy rich while the rest of us have to make do with a lot less.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free

I think it´s insane to complain about money when you´re making millions. Who cares if it´s a million or ten? You´re still filthy rich while the rest of us have to make do with a lot less.

Its principle man....If he really cared about the money he would shutup and fight in the UFC. He's saying the UFC is taking too big of a cut and not enough is going to the fighters. Especially the top fighters.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    They both are being babies on this, and both have that junior high mentality in terms of dealing with conflict

Athletes are also competitive when it comes to money. If a fighter thinks he deserves more than another fighter, it doesn't matter how much he gets, he wants more then the other fighter.