Chicago Women’s Groups Demand UFC and Fox Drop Rampage Fight Over “How to” Rape Video

idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
edited January 2013 in UFC

Chicago Women’s Groups Demand UFC and Fox Drop Main Card Fighter Over “How to” Rape Video

Advocacy groups call on the UFC and FOX to pull fighter “Rampage” Jackson from

Saturday fight at the United Center and Enforce a Meaningful Code of Conduct that Respects Women

Chicago, IL—Today, Chicago women, local groups and national organizations sent a letter to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC),FOX executives, and UFC sponsors demanding the cage fighting franchise and television network immediately drop UFC light heavyweight Quinton ”Rampage” Jackson from the Saturday January 26, 2013 UFC on FOX fight for repeatedly denigrating women, including female reporters, and posting a video last year in which he makes light of sexual assault by pretending to rape a woman in a parking garage. To view the letter, click here.

The video, entitled “How to Pick Up a Gurl…Fast,” was posted on YouTube last April. In the video, Jackson pretends to attempt to rape a woman, telling viewers to use chloroform to “help her relax,” and buy zip ties. At one point Jackson states that he hopes his target “got low self-esteem.” To watch the video, click here.

According to the letter: “The UFC must begin holding its fighters accountable for their actions and adopt a meaningful code of conduct…The behavior of Rampage Jackson, UFC President Dana White and other UFC fighters is unacceptable. Misogynistic and sexist behavior can no longer be tolerated in the UFC.“

Representatives from the National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence, Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation, Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Rape Victims Advocates, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, Between Friends, Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network, and Mujeres Latinas en Acción, along with seven clergy leaders from the Chicagoland area, the 8th Day Center for Justice, 20 professors and staff from seven Chicagoland area universities, and labor union UNITE HERE signed the letter calling on the UFC and FOX to immediately pull Jackson from the event.

The UFC has not issued an official discipline of Jackson nor issued a public statement about Jackson’s offensive and inappropriate video. Rather than punish Jackson, the UFC scheduled Jackson to fight at the United Center on Saturday.

Because irresponsible remarks and actions in the UFC do not end with Jackson (http://www.unfitforchildren.org/p/misogyny.html), the women’s groups and other organizations are also demanding the UFC adopt and enforce a meaningful code of conduct.

“This is truly appalling and undermines the work we do every day,” says Athanasia Papaioannou, Assistant Director of the University of Illinois Chicago Women’s Leadership and Resource Center.

http://prommanow.com/2013/01/24/ufc-implements-fighter-code-of-conduct-matt-hughes-appointed-vp-of-athlete-development-government-relations/

Looks like Rampage tried to make a rape joke somewhere down the road. I guess Dana must have found this one funny. Instead of being worried about a bunch of angry women, he's putting out to the media about the millions of dollars rampage has earned during his career and trying to hype up the fight with glover.

The UFC has not issued an official discipline of Jackson nor issued a public statement about Jackson’s offensive and inappropriate video. Rather than punish Jackson, the UFC scheduled Jackson to fight at the United Center on Saturday.

In my opinion, forcing rampage to fight Glover this weekend is punishment enough. If anything Rampage only done this stint in an attempt to get out of his UFC contract. that could be quite possible
Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
Just givin out the D
Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
Tagged:

Comments

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited January 2013
    I don't even get it...

The "how to get a date" video (although not funny at all), wasn't offensive in any way the "rapist" (Rampage), even gets his **** kicked in the end.

These gals vags have a lot of sand in them, to find that offensive.
    Post edited by megaman on

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    I just hate people

Don't like rampage...ndont buy the product....i doubt any of them would watch the event anyways...they are just tryin to keep someone from getting paid
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited January 2013
    ****** gonna get mad paid and eat chicken.
    Post edited by sobercorrupt on
    Just givin out the D
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited January 2013
    Rampage vs a bunch of pissed off chicago women? well as long as oprah doesnt get in on the action, im calling rampage for an easy win. though its gonna be pretty embarassing when glover makes a rape joke out of him tomorrow
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    RamGOAT will do whatever the **** he wants and they'll like like it!
    Believe in Beard
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,140Free
    They are obviously doing this for publicity..And it looks like its working..It was no secret that Rampage was going to fight on this card for months. Pulling him off is not going to happen. And you posting this is just adding fuel to the fire. Rampage is fighting this saturday. And there is nothing anybody can do about it.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,277Free
    they're women, no one will listen to them anyways

with the exception of leonie ofc.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

thats the sad thing about it. there really is nothing anyone can do about it, which sucks being a rampage fan because the way i am forecasting this fight, glover is going to make a rape joke out of him.
    Just givin out the D
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    And these women will be even more pissed when Glover literally rapes Rampage inside of the octagon.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited January 2013
    Za1994 said:

They are obviously doing this for publicity..And it looks like its working..It was no secret that Rampage was going to fight on this card for months. Pulling him off is not going to happen. And you posting this is just adding fuel to the fire. Rampage is fighting this saturday. And there is nothing anybody can do about it.

They are clearly butthurt, and tbh i don't think pulling him off is going to help things (although i'm sure GSP would do it if Dana asked him, just put it on with the the facebook fights, not PPV)

Post edited by Birdhound on
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,277Free

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• HurzyHurzy Posts: 2,067Registered Users
    the video wasnt made in good taste..but this comes off as them just trying to get some lime-light
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    oh come on Dana would of fried most UFC fighters for this crap...Its BS Page is getting no heat from DW over it..
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • FellyBabyFellyBaby Posts: 141Free
    the big homie rampage has done tons of **** that would get most fighters fired, but hes rampage so deal with it
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free
    lol war RamGOAT

He does wtf he wants
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    No matter how you feel about it, sponsors will take it very seriously, and it could ruin the UFC's network TV contract.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 917Free
    was a stupid "joke" there is nothing funny about rape. and all of you are retarded who don't think it is offensive. pull that bum off the card and kick him from the UFC.
    photo donggoatkim.jpg

No matter how you feel about it, sponsors will take it very seriously, and it could ruin the UFC's network TV contract.

hey man theres this cool new forum thing going on....got a yes or no question for you.

would you like to play a game called rape??
    Just givin out the D
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    edited January 2013
    Joe Rogan defends the right to joke about rape on his podcast all the time. They're only going after Page 'cause he's black.
    Post edited by bluesy on
    joe is a comedian. rampage is not.
    Just givin out the D
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,532Elite
    Do people really care about this? Yikers. Lots of sensitive sallys in the world I guess..
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 801Free
    Shows how pathetic society is, and how progressive liberalism left wing ideologies are destroying the world forcing people to be so oversensitive about every little thing. You make a joke about a different race your racist, you make this video your a rapist and sexist, and all that crap. Worlds going to hell, even the right wing conservatives in Canada have oversensitivity towards people who should man the F up.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,817Free
    They kicked a guy out of the UFC for a "rape van" comment.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,019Free
    do women's lib groups get Butthurt? or vagghurt?

p.s Curious to see Leonie's opinion of this topic..

personally they Chicago whiney anti making sandwich brigade need to stfu and gtfo

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free

They kicked a guy out of the UFC for a "rape van" comment.

Not just him they have fined other people and made them go to classes and crap.IMO its not fair at all Page is getting out of it
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    culinary union most likely behind it, it was a comedy sketch.
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    What is wrong with people today. You can no longer make a joke about anything without some group getting offended. It's just a joke, he is not a rapist, not promoting rape, has nothing against rape victims, its just a JOKE. The world has gone political correct mad. You can't say anything anymore.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 801Free
    Not fair page getting out of it? Good for the UFC to stand for principles involving a JOKE. Look at bullying now days in schools, especially in Canada, you literally can't make any jokes now days. We may as well destroy the comedy channel, ban comedians and ban comedy in general. I bet then these women's groups would stop whining.