Not pissing anyone off
Not getting a big head
Not getting caught in scandals or saying the wrong things
Exciting fights
Good enough to be champ, but not so dominant that fight outcomes are known
Tagged:

Comments

• LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free
    I agree with all of the aforementioned points. Ben Henderson is great.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Leiting said:

I agree with all of the aforementioned points. Ben Henderson is great.

Agreed, and he's not clogging up the division or sqeaking by on controversial decisions! Bendo is a beast!
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • AXEINGARAXEINGAR Posts: 146Free
    Honestly my favorite Division since WEC merger. Bendo is a true champ but so many people in the division that could at the very least take an upset over something as little as him having a bad day and slightly off his game. Pettis, Cerone, Guillard (have to be lucky knock out lol), Lauzon, Stephens, Diaz, Miller, Melendez, and the list goes on of guys talented enough to get the upset. Some of them have better chances then others obviously and I don't see any of them being as dominant as Ben but he is def going to have to bring 110% to every fight to remain champ.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    AXEINGAR said:

Honestly my favorite Division since WEC merger. Bendo is a true champ but so many people in the division that could at the very least take an upset over something as little as him having a bad day and slightly off his game. Pettis, Cerone, Guillard (have to be lucky knock out lol), Lauzon, Stephens, Diaz, Miller, Melendez, and the list goes on of guys talented enough to get the upset. Some of them have better chances then others obviously and I don't see any of them being as dominant as Ben but he is def going to have to bring 110% to every fight to remain champ.

yep, exactly

that's why i like the division and the champ so much. WW - LHW are a bit too predictable and have too much politics. LW brings a lot of action and a lot of unpredictable fights...def excited for Pettis vs. Cerrone and Bendo vs. Melendez...best part is, they are free
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 958Free
    I have a ton more respect for Bendo after the Diaz fight. He willingly put himself in bad spots to entertain and try to finish a very durable challenger. There are still a lot of exciting matchups(albeit mostly rematches now) for him as champ, which is why I'm so confused that they made the Melendez fight. Gilbert makes three C. Gracie trained fighters at the moment getting an undeserved title shot. Is Dana sleeping with Cesar and I just missed the headlines?
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    Sisti said:

Not pissing anyone off - His face pisses me off.
    Not getting a big head - Though has a smarmy and greasy demeanor.
    Not getting caught in scandals or saying the wrong things - Except when banging on relentlessly about Jesus.
    Exciting fights - Only when Petis is bouncing off a cage and kicking him in the head.
    Good enough to be champ, but not so dominant that fight outcomes are known - Point fighting/ decision fighter. Lost to Frankie F'n Edgar FFS.

Fixed.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.

Sisti said:

Not pissing anyone off - His face pisses me off.
    Not getting a big head - Though has a smarmy and greasy demeanor.
    Not getting caught in scandals or saying the wrong things - Except when banging on relentlessly about Jesus.
    Exciting fights - Only when Petis is bouncing off a cage and kicking him in the head.
    Good enough to be champ, but not so dominant that fight outcomes are known - Point fighting/ decision fighter. Lost to Frankie F'n Edgar FFS.

Fixed.
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,066Free
    Quite like him is a fighter, still want to see him lose (I like that in a champ) but wish he'd leave the bible bashing out if it. Jesus has no place in MMA unless it's pronounced HeyZuess and he's on the fight card

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,727Free
    Did you expect anything less?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited January 2013
    Ozpride said:

Quite like him is a fighter, still want to see him lose (I like that in a champ) but wish he'd leave the bible bashing out if it. Jesus has no place in MMA unless it's pronounced HeyZuess and he's on the fight card

dude, it's a free country, you are allowed to stand for what you want
    Post edited by Sisti on
    I think the most intriguing matchup possible right now is melendez just because we've never seen him in the UFC
  • I like Bendo. Great fighter and a great person
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 958Free
    Sisti said:

I think the most intriguing matchup possible right now is melendez just because we've never seen him in the UFC

I'll be happy to admit it if I'm proven wrong, but I don't see a single area where Melendez has the advantage. Easy win for Bendo.
  • EightLimbAssassinEightLimbAssassin Posts: 576Free
    edited January 2013
    Bendo not dominating as champ? Lmao!

He has won 14/15 rounds in UFC title fights and the RD he lost is arguable.
    Post edited by EightLimbAssassin on
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    I like him a lot, both as a person and a fighter.

He seems like a true christian to me so who cares... All things possible through Christ!
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

Sisti said:

Ozpride said:

stand for what u want but just stfu about it already. and if you're offended then turn the other cheek

ANZAC like a boss

chons said:

He seems like a true christian to me so who cares... All things possible through Christ!

lol

ANZAC like a boss

Sisti said:

Ozpride said:

dude, it's a free country, you are allowed to stand for what means the most to you
    Ozpride said:

Sisti said:

Ozpride said:

stand for what u want but just stfu about it already. and if you're offended then turn the other cheek
    i bet u can't make him ;)
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free

....he lost the last edgar fight and the 1st fight with edgar was close.

Only domination Bendo has done as champ is against Nate.

....he lost the last edgar fight and the 1st fight with edgar was close.

Only domination Bendo has done as champ is against Nate.
    1st fight with edgar was def not close...i watched that and thought it was complete domination. i still never watched the second edgar fight, but from what i heard it didn't sound like domination. so i stick with what i said....clear champ, but not so dominant that you know the outcome of every fight

in WW, MW, and LHW it feels like the outcome is already known before the fight happens. let's be honest, we all know GSP beats Diaz and Jones beats Sonnen
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    when does he intend to finish a fight next please? he's doing a fantastic GSP impression right now, 6 in a row
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    actually I just checked and that's one more than GSP's current 5 in a row. boring as ****
  • DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    I just can't bring myself to like him yet, because I really, really thought Frankie won their second fight (but lost their first). I'll get there if he keeps defending it and whatnot, but as of right now I'm hoping that Gray Maynard gets himself back to a title shot and takes the title from him. Then, after Edgar's beaten Aldo, he moves back up for Maynard/Edgar IV.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    Ozpride said:

Sisti said:

Ozpride said:

lol, free country can say w/e the **** he wants **** deal with it... He belives in Christ and hes the **** champ...umad?
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim
  • B_radlyB_radly Posts: 3,082Registered Users
    chons said:

^ this. : )

"He is your friend who pushes you nearer to God." ~ Abraham Kuyper
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    I like Bendo too fun fighter to watch. And I always laugh at the awkward non-response he gets from the crowd after he wins.