Who would you say are the TOP 10 BEST DRAWS in all of MMA

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
With talk of Rampage, one of the biggest draws of MMA, leaving the UFC it had me thinking of the best draws...

Of all CURRENT fighters, rank the top 10 fighters in terms of fan interest/ability to draw people to watch

My list...

1. A. Silva
2. GSP
3. Jon Jones
4. Chael
5. Overeem
6. Nick Diaz
7. Hendo
8. Shogun
9. Cain
10. Bendo
Post edited by Sisti on
Tagged:

Comments

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    lol Overeem on the list
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    i would switch shogun for belfort
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 948Free
    edited January 2013
    1. A Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jones
    4. Sonnen-superb at running his mouth
    5. Cain-HW champ and international support
    6. Bisping-runs his mouth and international support
    7. Bendo-champ in most competitive division
    8. JDS-lovable former BMOP
    9. Vitor-polarizing former champ
    10. Rashad-polarizing former champ and runs his mouth

Honorable mention to Hendo, Shogun, Rampage, Wandy and the like. They are still big names but not currently relevant enough to carry PPV cards on their own.
    Post edited by Wanderlei_Rua on
  • EvilVertigoEvilVertigo Posts: 33Free
    Mangasm said:

lol Overeem on the list

Why wouldn't he be you ****?
    He's by FAR the best striker in the HW division, probably strongest guy in the HW div, and definately one of the most exciting fighters.
    Just cause some people like you don't understand that someone who's coming from outside the UFC and join's can draw a big crowd?
    My god..
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Easy.......the fighters who run their mouths are the biggest draws. Thanks to Sonnen.....he laid down the blueprint on how to fast track your way up the UFC ladder and get title shots even after you lose.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    No James Toney?!?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free
    Right now? I compiled this list based on the idea of you placing their name on the marquee and selling the event with them as a headliner - regardless of who their competition is.

Jon Jones
    Anderson Silva
    George St. Pierre
    Cain Velasquez (his placement this high is due in no small part to holding the belt)
    Chael Sonnen (his placement is very dependent on him running his mouth, so no facing a guy he respects like Stann)
    Alistair Overeem
    Dan Henderson
    Junior Dos Santos
    Rashad Evans
    Michael Bisping

Nick Diaz, Shogun Rua, or Benson Henderson could reasonably make claims to a placement on the top 10, but the first five slots are pretty unwavering. The remaining five, eh, some lively debates to be had for the rest of the list.
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    Sisti said:

With talk of Rampage, one of the biggest draws of MMA, leaving the UFC it had me thinking of the best draws...

Of all CURRENT fighters, rank the top 10 fighters in terms of fan interest/ability to draw people to watch

My list...

1. A. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jon Jones
    4. Chael
    5. Overeem
    6. Nick Diaz
    7. Hendo
    8. Shogun
    9. Cain
    10. Bendo

wtf man.
    Dana's been saying over and over that his biggest draws are GSP, then A.Silva, then I think it was Brock, and Chael.
    I mean.. "who would you say"???
    This isnt a matter of opinion, this is a fact. The facts are out there if you want to know who the biggest draws are just go ahead and find the actual facts dont start an opinion thread starting with your own on this.

Maybe I should make a topic about "huuuh what would you say are the freezing and boiling points of water at sea level?" or "How long would you say it takes the earth to complete 1 revolution?".

retarded thread.
  • ShatsBassoon29ShatsBassoon29 Posts: 1,019Free
    GSP
    Chael
    Anderson Silva
    Rashad Evans
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    1. RamGOAT
    2. EdGOAT
    3. everyone else
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    I thought GSP sold the most tickets and pay per views?
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    No order:

Reem
    Lombard
    Diaz Bros.
    Alvarez
    Penn (unless he retired again)
    Cerrone
    Barnett
    Hendo
    Gomi
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    lol Bendo is not a draw at all, that's why he's main events all the FOX cards now
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free

lol Bendo is not a draw at all, that's why he's main events all the FOX cards now

I disagree, they placed him there because they wanted to promote him and the division the right way. I think the close contests with Frankie maybe put a bit of doubt in people's mind if he was really the top dog at 155, but his win over Diaz, and (what I believe) will be his win over Melendez are both great fights the fans get to see for free - his fanbase is growing, because they are being patient with him and allow him to headline on some TV events before going up to headlining PPVs. And let's not forget, these TV events are on Fox. This isn't like back in the day when rising stars (see: Jones) use to main event on FX cable shows...UFC needs big numbers for Fox shows. Bendo is perfect for that role. I mean look at the other headline fights from Fox's history: Cain/JDS HW Title, Evans/Davis, Diaz/Miller, Shogun/Vera - 3 out of 4 of those have guys who are fairly unanimously in the top 10 best draws.

I'm not saying Bendo is the best thing since sliced bread for bringing people to the product - but he's a great champion and people do like him a lot. The surprising thing for me while compiling my list was just how few stars are legitimate draws anymore. It seems like we're losing more to retirement than we're gaining from the new crop of fighters. But we'll see how the future plays out in terms of big time draws for the sport...

(by the way, I didn't even place Bendo on my list of top ten, but I highly considered him)
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    edited January 2013
    this is the ufc biggest ppv draws in history
    FYI Manny Pacquio's last fight had the same amount of ppv buys as Sonnen/Silva 2

1 Jul 11, 2009 UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir 2 1,600,000
    2 Jul 3, 2010 UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,160,000
    3 Dec 30, 2006 UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz 2 1,050,000
    3 May 29, 2010 UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans 1,050,000
    3 Oct 23, 2010 UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez 1,050,000
    6 Nov 15, 2008 UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar 1,010,000
    7 Dec 27, 2008 UFC 92: Forrest vs Evans 1,000,000
    7 Jul 7, 2012 UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II 1,000,000
    9 Jan 31, 2009 UFC 94: St-Pierre vs. Penn 2 920,000
    10 Aug 8, 2009 UFC 101: Forrest vs Silva 850,000
    10 Mar 27, 2010 UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy 850,000
    12 Apr 30, 2011 UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields 800,000
    13 Dec 11, 2010 UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2 800,000
    Post edited by SilentDogood on
  • TheMmaKnowItAllTheMmaKnowItAll Posts: 523Registered Users
    There's no proof overeem is a draw yet, lesnar was the ufcs biggest draw and when he faced overeem it was his smallest buy at around 800,000. Overeem is considerably an unknown still in America
  • EvilVertigoEvilVertigo Posts: 33Free
    edited January 2013

There's no proof overeem is a draw yet, lesnar was the ufcs biggest draw and when he faced overeem it was his smallest buy at around 800,000. Overeem is considerably an unknown still in America

That could also be because the Lesnar hype had faded a bit, guys like shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez had shown Lesnar wouldn't just be able to manhandle everyone like alot of people thought prior to their fights.
    In all seriousness I think most people knew Remm would own Lesnar on beforehand so many of the WWE guys didn't bother to watch,

Also a guy with Alistairs apperance and skillset is always going to be a major draw. People who watch alot will watch him because of his skills and the rest just wanna see a hhuge guy brawl.
    Post edited by EvilVertigo on
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,423Free
    edited January 2013
    Georges St Pierre (no order)
    Anderson Silva
    Jon Jones
    Rashad Evans
    Rampage Jackson
    Dan Henderson
    Chael Sonnen
    Michael Bisping
    BJ Penn
    Lyoto Machida

All time Top 5
    Brock Lesnar (Sadly)
    Chuck Liddell
    Tito Ortiz
    GSP
    Anderson Silva

Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    anyone else come in here expecting fights that resulted in a draw?
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

this is the ufc biggest ppv draws in history
    FYI Manny Pacquio's last fight had the same amount of ppv buys as Sonnen/Silva 2

1 Jul 11, 2009 UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir 2 1,600,000
    2 Jul 3, 2010 UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,160,000
    3 Dec 30, 2006 UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz 2 1,050,000
    3 May 29, 2010 UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans 1,050,000
    3 Oct 23, 2010 UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez 1,050,000
    6 Nov 15, 2008 UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar 1,010,000
    7 Dec 27, 2008 UFC 92: Forrest vs Evans 1,000,000
    7 Jul 7, 2012 UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II 1,000,000
    9 Jan 31, 2009 UFC 94: St-Pierre vs. Penn 2 920,000
    10 Aug 8, 2009 UFC 101: Forrest vs Silva 850,000
    10 Mar 27, 2010 UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy 850,000
    12 Apr 30, 2011 UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields 800,000
    13 Dec 11, 2010 UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2 800,000

ya dude, the worst thing that ever happened to the UFC in terms of popularity was losing lesnar

lesnar and gsp bring the ppv buys like no one else. by far, the 2 best draws now are silva and gsp....i def think they should book the fight between them two once and for all
  • LegrosfleauLegrosfleau Posts: 622Free

Sisti said:

My list...

1. A. Silva
    2. GSP
    3. Jon Jones
    4. Chael
    5. Overeem
    6. Nick Diaz
    7. Hendo
    8. Shogun
    9. Cain
    10. Bendo

wtf man.
    Dana's been saying over and over that his biggest draws are GSP, then A.Silva, then I think it was Brock, and Chael.
    I mean.. "who would you say"???
    This isnt a matter of opinion, this is a fact. The facts are out there if you want to know who the biggest draws are just go ahead and find the actual facts dont start an opinion thread starting with your own on this.

Maybe I should make a topic about "huuuh what would you say are the freezing and boiling points of water at sea level?" or "How long would you say it takes the earth to complete 1 revolution?".

retarded thread.
    ^this
    i know gsp is first with a large solid margin,
    Account bet victory:

Adambomber 3,800 posts : UFC116 Lesnar vs Carwin.