Reem or Silva

chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
man im so torn by this fight... who do you guys have winning
“But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
Bj Penn
Nate Daiz
Tagged:

Comments

• creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Overeem stuffs the TD, kills Bigfoot on the feet. 1 or 2nd round (t)KO
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,228Free
    anderson by KO! to fast and can avoid the clinch
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    edited January 2013
    reem should beat big foot, his standup is on a different level to silvas and i cant see there being a takedown.

dana puts the fights together that leads to fights with big ppv, theres a good reason reem is fighting silva and thats because its almost a guaranteed reem for 1 contender, same with belfort bisping dana didnt want bisping to get the shot and same with hendo machida. almsot a guaranteed win for machida which allows dana to put together the chael jones fight and possibly silva jones later this year.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    PunchBag said:

reem should beat big foot, his standup is on a different level to silvas and i cant see there being a takedown.

dana puts the fights together that leads to fights with big ppv, theres a good reason reem is fighting silva and thats because its almost a guaranteed reem for 1 contender, same with belfort bisping dana didnt want bisping to get the shot and same with hendo machida. almsot a guaranteed win for machida which allows dana to put together the chael jones fight and possibly silva jones later this year.

What?! LMAO your logic is completely retarded!

Bisping/Silva was where the money was! Dana just lost his money fight there... I'm confused? And Hendo Machida is not a guarenteed win for Machida. If there is anyone in the LHW division that can beat Machida besides Jones it is Henderson. Machida has an edge in that fight imo but Hendo has an iron chin with huge KO power. Machida be backpedalling for a decision win or getting KTFOed.
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    Man Silva wont stand a chance , i got REEM by GUILOTINE CHOKE becuase Silva wont trade with him, he'll shoot for a take down then get choked out.

AxeMurduh said:

Man Silva wont stand a chance , i got REEM by GUILOTINE CHOKE becuase Silva wont trade with him, he'll shoot for a take down then get choked out.

I don't see Overeem trying a high risk move like that with Silva. Silva is too good to be submitted by a standing Guillotine and I just don't see Overeem pulling guard and risking being on the bottom with Bigfoot on top. Would be stupid imo.

I think Alistair just tries to stop the TD and make Bigfoot pay for each attempt with knees. I hope he can land some kicks because if he can it will be a short fight.
  • come_at_mecome_at_me Posts: 502Registered Users
    Reem should win this but I could see Bigfoot pulling off the upset. What if Reem is not the same fighter off the juice.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    edited January 2013

PunchBag said:

Bisping/Silva was where the money was! Dana just lost his money fight there... I'm confused? And Hendo Machida is not a guarenteed win for Machida. If there is anyone in the LHW division that can beat Machida besides Jones it is Henderson. Machida has an edge in that fight imo but Hendo has an iron chin with huge KO power. Machida be backpedalling for a decision win or getting KTFOed.
    cant think of an easier contender fight for machida than henderson he is exactly the kind of fighter that matches up well with machida.

silva is waiting, dnaa could have just given bisping the shot without fighting belfort but gsp vs silva or jones vs silva is more lucrative and arguably theres much better matchups than bisping, bisping is disliked and almsot everyone knew he had little chance against belfort.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

PunchBag said:

cant think of an easier contender fight for machida than henderson he is exactly the kind of fighter that matches up well with machida.
    Why? You must be thinking that Couture and Henderson are the same "style" but they are not. Henderson has a better chin and is way more dangerous in the striking department. If Shogun can KO Machida, Henderson certainly can. And some people think Shogun also won the first fight. Machida just made Randy look bad because his striking is weak.

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Reeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmm
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    Reem by stoppage round 1
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • EvilVertigoEvilVertigo Posts: 33Free
    chanman20 said:

man im so torn by this fight... who do you guys have winning

lol how are you torn by this?
    I mean it's MMA anything can happen but.. Anyone who actually thinks Bigfoot had a good to decent chance of winning against the Reem havn't watched too much mma.
    Normally I would say with like 95% certainty that Reem will win via KO/TKO round 1 or 2 but im getting this weird gut feeling it's going to go to a decision, unanimous for Alistair ofcourse but still.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I wouldn't bet on this fight,styles make fights and Silva's style is sort of difficult for Reem.Silva has a long reach and does not attack unless he feels safe,so that means Reem has to come to him and walk right into a strike or two.Reem has a horrible stance when he attacks,his hands are usually down,he opens up when attacking.
    Then if Reem does get through unscaved,does Silva drop down to his back and invite Reem and if so,does Reem oblige,i don' think so.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • EvilVertigoEvilVertigo Posts: 33Free
    zaksame said:

I wouldn't bet on this fight,styles make fights and Silva's style is sort of difficult for Reem.Silva has a long reach and does not attack unless he feels safe,so that means Reem has to come to him and walk right into a strike or two.Reem has a horrible stance when he attacks,his hands are usually down,he opens up when attacking.
    Then if Reem does get through unscaved,does Silva drop down to his back and invite Reem and if so,does Reem oblige,i don' think so.

Like I said, since Reem has had a long time away it could go to a decision, but there is almost no way he will lose.
    You can't really compare their standup skills, they are on a different level there. Yeah Bigfoot will probably drop down to go for the takedown when they strike but more then likely Reem will catch him, clinch up and deliver some knees to the body/head. And that will be the beginning of the end for Bigfoot.
    So I'd bet a bunch on this fight anyway.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,364Free
    edited January 2013
    Overeem will most likely knock big foot out he has slow plodding forward striking, I can see him eating a lot of leg and body kicks then catching a punch and gets finished. If Big foot gets him down or lands a clean punch the fight becomes very interesting.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • I think it could go anyway, I think Reem will destroy him in the standup but for some reason I can see Reem throwing a kick and slipping and Bigfoot capitalizing.......so WAR BIGHEAD.......
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Overeem is gonna destroy big foot via knees and gut kicks!! :D
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Silvas slow...Reem has this...1st rnd KTFO