MMA is MMA

cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
Ok to many clowns keep arguing which is better, wrestling, bjj, striking. All mixed martial artists have to train all 3 to be successful in mma. you would be a fool to think you could rely on just one, to become the best mixed martial artist you can be you need to be training them all, to be a complete mixed martial artist.
"You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
Tagged:

Comments

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    No, UFC is MMA.
    Believe in Beard
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    No it's not
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MilesGunnMilesGunn Posts: 3,633Registered Users
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    cromwell said:

Ok to many clowns keep arguing which is better, wrestling, bjj, striking. All mixed martial artists have to train all 3 to be successful in mma. you would be a fool to think you could rely on just one, to become the best mixed martial artist you can be you need to be training them all, to be a complete mixed martial artist.

striking is better.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    Well now that you mention it

MMA and MMA.....well I'll be damned...
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well although on paper ,they must train everything,it still comes down to one aspect for most fighters.Even worse is many of the fighters look terrible in the skills department,for the most part it has become who can lift more weights and push the limits of cheating better than the other guy.You can easily see how most guys look more ripped yet their skills are barely out of the local bar worthy.
    Wrestling is still king in this sport and size/reach are also a major factor.
    The only time this sport will flourish on a purist level is when cheating [including weigh-ins] is eliminated.
    IMO it is the rules that is ruining this sport.Example a Wrestler has a huge advantage because he can fight SLOPPY by putting his head down and just driving forward,if elbows to the back of head were allowed,they wouldn't get away with it.I would also allow them to grab the fence,there NEEDS o be a balance to the crappy rules that are giving Wrestlers a HUGE handicap.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    zaksame said:

You can easily see how most guys look more ripped yet their skills are barely out of the local bar worthy.

Not true at all...the guys who are ripped are insanely skilled too. You just don't notice this because their facing off against other guys who also have insane skills. Watch Bully Beatdown, the ripped guys gets absolutely pummelled every time by the smaller MMA fighter. The difference is more noticable when the MMA fighter goes against someone without the skill

Keep in mind, most of the people in the UFC have been training since they were something like 7
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    Sisti said:

zaksame said:

You can easily see how most guys look more ripped yet their skills are barely out of the local bar worthy.

Not true at all...the guys who are ripped are insanely skilled too. You just don't notice this because their facing off against other guys who also have insane skills. Watch Bully Beatdown, the ripped guys gets absolutely pummelled every time by the smaller MMA fighter. The difference is more noticable when the MMA fighter goes against someone without the skill

Keep in mind, most of the people in the UFC have been training since they were something like 7
    THIS^^^^^
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."