Lets be real about Overeem

FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,046Free
I'm pretty sure he's going to destroy Big Foot.

But... in all honnesty, does the UFC have no shame?

If the UFC really cared about this sport, about its image, about its reputation, or simply about its integrity and its credibility, Overeem would never fight in the UFC again. Ever.

It took so long to bring him in, and all this time, there were allegations of juicing. Everyone pretty much knew he was a juicer or at least it had crossed everyone's mind. The guy took what.. 40 pounds in a year? He went from an athletic LHW to a massive HW. Everyone noticed it. Then he ducked drug tests..

And then, it finally happens. They get him on the main card of a UFC event, at last. And what happens? He fails the first drug test to come his way. And not by a disputable margin. 14:1 testosterone ratio.. That's rock solid evidence. There isnt even a debate to have here. He's a juicer, plain and simple.

And now, he's back again. The UFC didn't drop him. They just kept him and waited for the suspension to end to start milking the juiced cow again.

What a sad day it will be for this sport when he Knocks Silva Out and probly gets in line for a title shot, which he had chances to win as well.
Tagged:

Comments

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,086Premium
    The athletic commission applied a punishment they deemed suitable to fit his crime. He served his punishment without question. What more do you want. He will continue to be tested. This is his second chance. If he fails again he will probably be cut like what happened to Marquardt.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,046Free

The athletic commission applied a punishment they deemed suitable to fit his crime. He served his punishment without question. What more do you want. He will continue to be tested. This is his second chance. If he fails again he will probably be cut like what happened to Marquardt.

thats where it gets dumb. The guy isnt a 17 yrs old athlete he's a grown up man he knows what he's doing and the only reason he's where he's at is because he juiced. What message does it send if he can just resume his career like nothing.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    They allow some juicing with TRT, so going over the legal limit is just an accident.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited January 2013
    It is still sad,they KNOW full well,they can't do roids,yet they laugh in the face of the fans,the UFC and the commission.
    You think a few months suspension means squat to a guy who can make millions by juicing?
    We SHOULD have all noticed how crap Sonnen looked versus Bisping because it was his first fight after being caught,I guarantee he is back on it as well,these guys and the UFC truly don't care.
    The integrity of the sport is lost,nobody is fighting at the CLAIMED weight,most likely ALL are cheating with drugs and trt and probably blood doping as well as we know pain killers are also used.
    Once you involve big money,these guys will do whatever it takes to take that money,they really don't care about being caught because the risk versus reward is huge.

I think it is w/o question that REEM is still doing roids,it is just a GAME they play trying to figure ways to go OVER the limit w/o getting caught.
    I hope Reem gets caught prior,then Dana can go ballistic,yet he had it in his power to can the cheats for good and chose not to,so i blame the UFC for NOT creating a better deterrent.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 780Free
    It is more the problem of athletic commission than UFC. The punishment was too short. When money is on the line ,integrity and moral are not even top five issues of this world let alone UFC.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    He should be Cut ... i lost respect for him after that ... i think there should be ZERO tolerance for roids of any kind in sports ... to many people get caught and get a slap on the wrist and all that happens is the person just finds better ways in covering it up .
    OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited January 2013
    i reckon a high percentage of fighters are on them, i know i would be, id be the size of overeem.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    PunchBag said:

i reckon a high percentage of fighters are on them, i know i would be, id be the size of overeem.

Yeah I agree. It's an incredible feat to be able to put on that amount of muscle in such a short time and still be able to fight at this high standard ( in overeem
    S case anyway). There are a lot of misconceptions about what steroids actually do though I think- you still have to put the work in to attain the strength/size etc the recovery and growth is just heaps quicker.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    the 14:1 ratio is bad but to be fair it's testosterone:epitestosterone so you never know, maybe he had lower EP levels (there's no doubt he had high testosterone levels though, just maybe not 14:1, but that's not the point I guess, he juiced.)

Didn't Rivera get done for roids at 149 and he's fighting this weekend..
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    I'm gonna say this... everybody jumps on Overeem testing positive etc.... news flash! 90% of all athletes, at all sports (when competing at the highest level) take some kind of sh!t to get the edge. Does Overeem juice? Yeah, but so does 90% of all the fighters on the roster, it's just that some are better at hiding it. That in mind... how many of them look like Alistair? That says a lot about the amount of work he put in getting the way he is, and genetics is a factor also. Yeah, he most likely had "outside" help, but he worked his a** off to become a beast.It's not like: there he was, all skinny and lean at 205, then started eating steroid sprinkled horse steak and before he knew it, he was the Dutch Hulk.
    I get the whole "juicy juicer alisteroid testostereem" bullsh!t, haha funny... but keep in mind that some of your favorite fighters might as well be doing the same thing. For the most part they all do, some way or the other.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,380Free
    Alistair isn't the only fighter in this situation. Several fighters have failed drug tests, served a suspension, and come back to fight again after their punishment is over. So why treat Overeem any differently? If he fails again I'm sure the consequences will be higher.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free
    Haters gonna hate. There are dozens of other fighters that have been nabbed but nobody cries about them? Whats really funny is when people bash Overeem for juicing and cry like little babies and then support other guys like Sonnen who have been busted for the same ****!

Complete hypocrites? If fans knew how many fighters have taken peds before they would be shocked.
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 677Free
    if somebody could name a list of ufc fighters that were actually caught with some PED it will be endless i think... also there is a thin line between PED's and "authorized" anabolics (like TRT) so its pretty dirty i think, when MMA takes the olimpics kinda testing it will complete as a sport (Imho)

...besides shut down weight cut....
    thanks god im less stupid now!

Joey Beltran recently got popped for PED's. Joey **** Beltran.
    Jake Shields
    Palhares

The list goes on.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited January 2013
    PoloRidah said:

Joey Beltran recently got popped for PED's. Joey **** Beltran.
    Jake Shields
    Palhares

The list goes on.

Barnett
    Silvia
    Marquart
    Belfort
    Bonnar
    Cope
    ROYCE GRACIE
    Sherk
    Baroni
    Franca
    Hallman
    Dewees
    Leben
    Sidelnikov
    Shamrock
    Sonnen
    Irvin
    T Silva
    Cyborg
    King Mo
    Feijao

And last but not least we have...BIGFOOT!

This one is funny because he is calling Alistair a cheater when he was caught with Nandralone in his system which is a steriod! Alistair was just caught for elevated levels of testosterone. Another hypocrite! I hope Reem breaks his jaw!

There are many more but they are names not worth mentioning. Also some of the fighters mentioned above have been busted more than once! Barnett, Bonnar,Marquart.

Post edited by fourthnorseman on
    Bigfoot got popped for steroids? LoL Holy **** I didn't know that.

Reem is going to knock his head off.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Bigfoot got popped for steroids? LoL Holy **** I didn't know that.

Reem is going to knock his head off.

It's true. And what I like about Alistair is he never even brought it up when Bigfoot started slandering him. I think he is just looking to make him pay in the ring. I really hope he puts a serious beating on that goon.

I guess OP needs to change the title of the thread to "Let's be real about Overeem and Bigfoot"

hahahha
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    the UFC only cares if he gets caught.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

Oh look everybody!

It's the hypocrite Sonnen fanboy crying about Overeem again. =))
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

Oh look everybody!

It's the hypocrite Sonnen fanboy crying about Overeem again. =))
    lol, Sonnen
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 733Free
    Haters gonna hate. op is just trolling. There wouldnt be a UFC roster without peds. Bottom line.
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free
    Most fighters today are taking some sort of illegal substance to gain an edge, whether it is steroids to gain mass/strength more quickly, diuretics to cut weight, or both. It used to bother me when a fighter I liked got popped for juicing, but I don't really care anymore. Fighters today (especially welterweight and up) either cheat or get beaten by the cheaters. Like the old saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." As long as they put on good fights, it doesn't bother me. The only possible solutions I see are to test every fighter under contract with the UFC randomly (whether they have a fight scheduled or not) or stop testing altogether. Either way, I'm good. :-bd
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

GN_FDU said:

Well said, Mat.

You trolling bro.... You know your home boy Mir juiced before the Carwin fight and he still got smashed LOL!

25 pounds of muscle in 6 months. Hmmm I wonder how he accomplished that? Oh thats right... that worlds strongest man dude helped him do it! The natural way.

X_X
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Yawn.... He's served his suspension, agreed to random drug tests, make this thread if he fails again by all means, but until then just enjoy the fight!

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    edited January 2013

Yawn.... He's served his suspension, agreed to random drug tests, make this thread if he fails again by all means, but until then just enjoy the fight!

and this is from the REEM himself B-)
    Post edited by JohnnyZadar on
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,819Free

GN_FDU said:

Well said, Mat.

You trolling bro.... You know your home boy Mir juiced before the Carwin fight and he still got smashed LOL!

25 pounds of muscle in 6 months. Hmmm I wonder how he accomplished that? Oh thats right... that worlds strongest man dude helped him do it! The natural way.

X_X
    Mir has never failed any tests nor has he ducked any. Overjuiced on the other hand...
    ;)