2005 Champion vs Champion - Liddell vs Arlovski

the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,054Premium
edited January 2013 in UFC
Back in 05 these guys were at the peak of their careers, seemingly unstoppable knockout artists. Chuck had knocked out Randy and Horn to avenge 2 of his 3 losses, and Andrei was coming off brutal wins over Sylvia, Eilers and Buentello.

If these champions were made to fight each other back in 05 who do you think would win?

2005 Champion vs Champion - Liddell vs Arlovski

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,717Free
    Jon Jones
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,054Premium

imageimage
    Chuck Liddell
    In 05 Jones was canoodling with his school buddies or whatever, meanwhile Chuck and Andrei were flatlining other pro fighters.

imageimage
  • Andrei Arlovski
    Pitbull was a machine
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,362Free
    :-? tough one..I honestly don't know who to pick Chuck was tearing thru better fighters at the time in the LHW division but Andrei actually had a solid chin back then plus he was quite a lot bigger.. :-??
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,585Free

In 05 Jones was canoodling with his school buddies or whatever, meanwhile Chuck and Andrei were flatlining other pro fighters.

and now Chuck and Arlovski are canoodling with their retirement home buddies while Jones beats up other pro fighters
    Chuck Liddell

and now Chuck and Arlovski are canoodling with their retirement home buddies while Jones beats up other pro fighters
    1st, Andrei is still knocking out people. (mainly tim sylvia with illegal blows)
    2nd, Chuck is knocking out cardboard cutouts of basketball players and drunk fans arms
    3rd, I really like how you have to downgrade from flatlining to beat up for Jones

imageimage
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Andrei Arlovski
    Arlovski
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,585Free

1st, Andrei is still knocking out people. (mainly tim sylvia with illegal blows)
    2nd, Chuck is knocking out cardboard cutouts of basketball players and drunk fans arms
    3rd, I really like how you have to downgrade from flatlining to beat up for Jones
    1.) Cans
    2.) Chuck's only flattening a line of coke
    3.) Knocking your opponent out is a weak way out, Jones beats up his opponents and puts them through hell like GSP and Fitch
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,800Moderator, Ultimate
    Chuck Liddell
    battle of chins and which chuck has a better one
    imageimage
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Andrei Arlovski
    Arlowski would have been too big and strong for him, he'd man handle chuck & knock him out.
    Although Chuck had a granite chin in his prime he couldn't have taken a shot from the hardest hitting HW of the time.
    Also the Eilers win was through Eilers popping his knee & Horn wasn't ko'd he retired with blurred vision.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    Chuck Liddell

Eh, illegal blows is kinda questionable. The rules for soccer kicks in that org are the dumbest **** thing I've ever heard
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,319Free
    Who would have won? The fans, that's who. It would have been a fight for the ages. Chuck and Andrei both had good power, fast hands, and great chins back then. I wouldn't be surprised if Arlovski used his size, strength, and sambo to drag Chuck down and go for an armbar. I know Chuck has good defensive wrestling, but AA is a big strong guy with excellent grappling skills. If it stayed standing though, who knows? Great matchup!
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    Chuck Liddell
    Chucky
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    Chuck Liddell
    Chuck would have destroy arlovski... only one good punch and Andrei would have crumble to the canvas
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Chuck Liddell
    I really liked Lidell,not at first but he grew on me.I think his only problem was he was too loose,he just wanted to go in there and bang instead of using all his skills.When he fought Reem he knew he was facing a rare top notch striker,so he used al lhis skills and looked great because of it.Perhaps a little too much partying might have hampered him a tad as well :P.
    No matter anyhow,anyway,Lidell was FAR superior to Andre ,drunk,sober,stoned,it didn't matter.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.