do you want a "zero tolerance" policy?

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
Let's say tomorrow Dana came out and said the UFC will be a 100 percent clean organization

He would come out with a list of drugs,treatments,masking agents,ect that would be on this list...and it would be ever growing with new drugs that come out over time

He would say the UFC and the commissions would work and hand in hand with one another for a set and random testing schedule

And any fighter caught would be cut immediately if there is a failed test where there was a banned substance was found...a redo would happen at a later date in the event of a possible sabotage to a test or a fighter himself

Also if a fighter is busted in another promo it would not effect his chances of signing with the ufc

Would u want something like this to happen
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    How do u add a poll?
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    I would want random testing for sure but not one strike and your out, First positive test should be a year ban, second two years and if you get a third your banned from competing.

Also bans should be universal so any ban you get for a positive test should apply for anywhere in the world.

But the second strike is 2 years would be pretty harsh...that it self may keep people from doing it
    Sig record
    40-21

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    Just like the military
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free
    WarWest said:

Just like the military

Well while I was in the Army on active duty I have seen some people piss hot and immediately get chaptered out. Others though were given a second chance depending on their back ground.

Could you imagine how many fighters the UFC would of lost from their roster if there was a zero tolerance policy with no second chances? LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

WarWest said:

Just like the military

Well while I was in the Army on active duty I have seen some people piss hot and immediately get chaptered out. Others though were given a second chance depending on their back ground.

Could you imagine how many fighters the UFC would of lost from their roster if there was a zero tolerance policy with no second chances? LoL
    When I was in the Navy there was never a second chance

You pop, you're gone

Each division would have like 3 fighters Lmao
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    And that's my point

Unless u want a one strike your out type of deal or something set to where it is vastly vastly worst to get cought using the stuff then don't complain,look down,scuff at a fighter who does use the stuff

People always look for an edge...and unless u want the sport to be totally clean with less talented guys don't **** talk on Overeem,marquart,leban,Alves,Hendo,Mir,ect

Just in that list of guy I said I'm almost sure someone could call a guy like Overeem bad for the sport but at the same time like Chris Leban
    Sig record
    40-21

Diaz is the worst one of all of them
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free
    WarWest said:

I know right. Using THC as a PED.

What a genious. =))
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

WarWest said:

I know right. Using THC as a PED.

What a genious. =))
    Lmfao!!!!!!!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • sdboltzsdboltz Posts: 732Free
    Hell no I dont want a zero tolerance policy. I'd rather have what Sonnen suggested, An all steroids league!
    Sig bet record 18-4

Team REEM!!!
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I want an absolute PURE sport,after all what else are we cheering for?We already got the circus acts like WWE,i have zero interest in watching soap operas in the ring between steroid abusers.
    FYI i want NOTHING what Sonnen is selling,he is a UFC patsy boy for hire.Yes Dana kiss kiss,oh thank you Chael kiss kiss.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free
    edited January 2013
    BruteDion said:

Let's say tomorrow Dana came out and said the UFC will be a 100 percent clean organization

He would come out with a list of drugs,treatments,masking agents,ect that would be on this list...and it would be ever growing with new drugs that come out over time

He would say the UFC and the commissions would work and hand in hand with one another for a set and random testing schedule

And any fighter caught would be cut immediately if there is a failed test where there was a banned substance was found...a redo would happen at a later date in the event of a possible sabotage to a test or a fighter himself

Also if a fighter is busted in another promo it would not effect his chances of signing with the ufc

Would u want something like this to happen

yes except that if a fighter got caught in another promotion and has an history for juicing he should be kept out of the UFC as well. If not people will juice in order to get to the UFC and this may deplete the sport of some guys with good talent and good integrity that got **** over in the earlier stages of their carreer by juicers that kept them from reaching the higher steps leading to the UFC.

You juice, you won't be fighting in the UFC. Simple as that.

and there should be random testing for all fighters even when they're not scheduled for a fight in the short term.

That would rock.

That being said I think they should still have some sort of lighter penalities when a fighter gets caught for a banned substance that is not illegal. I Mean.. sometimes guys will test positive for stuff that is forbidden not because it is a PED but because it is known to lower the efficiency of some tests.. or stuff like that... I mean.. sometimes guys will get caught for weird derivatives that can be found in some foods or else..

If they were to implement a zero tolerance policy they of course have to set up a better definition of what is legal, what is not, why and in what terms.

But there should be no free pass for stuff like having a 17:1 testosterone ratio on fight night. there's no excuse for that.
    Post edited by Furiousmat on
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    BruteDion said:

How do u add a poll?

you have to start the thread as a poll
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free
    This would kill MMA, there would be like 2 fighters left in each division and they will be fat like penn or anorexic like Diaz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free
    "Random" testing would never be used fairly. Mandatory testing would be the only fair option.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    Random testing would be done fairly as long as the ufc not have control over it, every fighter should have a random test 4 times a year that way if you juice your running a high risk of getting caught.
    This is a great idea... then, if you're in one of these divisions where there's one dominant champ, you can contaminate his drink or whatever, then when he tests positive there's a vacant title for you!
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

edited January 2013

This is a great idea... then, if you're in one of these divisions where there's one dominant champ, you can contaminate his drink or whatever, then when he tests positive there's a vacant title for you!

Someone clearly didn't read all my post...mostly the part bout a redo in the event of a sabotage possibility happening

Could fighters not tamper with test now?...does this happen now?
    Post edited by BruteDion on
    Sig record
    40-21

• Brady969Brady969 Outside DCPosts: 3,100Free
    If you want a truly clean fight organization, there's no other way to do it.
    Today's Top Fighters Answer Your Questions At 'Your Corner' Check it out here!
    photo image-1.jpg
    photo badge2.jpg
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,827Free
    One time caught using any form of PED and that should be a life time ban from the UFC.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
    Any ban has to be Universal it can't just be oh you can't fight for such a company but you can go and fight for another or you can't fight in this country but you can fight in that one.

If you had universal bans two years would be a huge amount of time out and could ruin a fighter, would certainly make them think more before using.

So I doubt it will happen any time soon
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine