What classes as a significant strike?

Pablo_HassanPablo_Hassan Posts: 45Premium
After seeing this clip of Rampage i was left wondering.....
Page.JPG
354 x 324 - 30K
UFCs Attended:

UFC 89

UFC 95

UFC 99

UFC 105

UFC on Fuel TV 7 - section N5, row K, seats 49-48!!

Comments

• Pablo_HassanPablo_Hassan Posts: 45Premium

anything that lands (or appears to), it doesn't need to be powerful.

So what's a non-significant strike? One that misses...

UFCs Attended:

UFC 89

UFC 95

UFC 99

UFC 105

UFC on Fuel TV 7 - section N5, row K, seats 49-48!!
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,809Moderator, Ultimate
    anyone punch that lands in the proper areas of the face or body. imo if you clip someones arms as they defend its not a signficant strike
    imageimage
  • wesleywells1wesleywells1 TexasPosts: 7,331Free

anyone punch that lands in the proper areas of the face or body. imo if you clip someones arms as they defend its not a signficant strike

^^This. A shot to the head or body that hits its target. A missed punch/kick/knee/elbow doesn't count nor does a shot that is blocked/deflected. I wonder if a checked leg kick counts? It sort of hits its target but is sort of deflected too. Anyone know?
    WAR Wand, Hendo, Couture, Fedor, Lytle, Cro Cop, Frye, Sakuraba, Bas, Kharitonov, Barnett, Minowaman, Belfort, Sonnen, Zombie, Franklin, Thomson, Swanson, Wineland, Texeira, Belcher, Miller brothers, Cerrone, Palhares, Arlovski, Ludwig, Yamamoto, Barry, Hendricks, Benavidez, Munoz, Stephens, Jacare, Sanchez, Big Nog, Hunt, Maia, Brown, Lawler, Buentello, Zingano!!!

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,809Moderator, Ultimate

^^This. A shot to the head or body that hits its target. A missed punch/kick/knee/elbow doesn't count nor does a shot that is blocked/deflected. I wonder if a checked leg kick counts? It sort of hits its target but is sort of deflected too. Anyone know?
    It better not! Have you ever kicked someones shin or knee? That hurts like a ****. It should be a point for the defender
    imageimage
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,251Free

It better not! Have you ever kicked someones shin or knee? That hurts like a ****. It should be a point for the defender
    Especially if the kicker hits the defenders shin with the top off his foot and not shin on shin. I once did that and was walking funny for a while.

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    any strike that significant improves your chance of winning the fight
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    jduk said:

any strike that significant improves your chance of winning the fight

a takedown would be the ultimate significant strike
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    thats actually true

takedown>anything else, even if you do no damage
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,784Ultimate
    A strike that is significant
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    jduk said:

thats actually true

takedown>anything else, even if you do no damage

The longer you lay on the opponent it's like one continuous combo

imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I always think of a sig. strike as any strike that has a noticeable/spontaneous effect like an opponent flinching, backing off, falling, stumbling, bruising, bleeding.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    ^ either falling, backing off, stumbling, bruising, or bleeding.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    way takedowns score points is rediculous like in the guida hioki fight
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion