GSP vs Diaz in a SUPERFIGHT! at 158

shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free

Its not just on these forums! ... watching the Sports channel last night and they said ... and i Quote .... Not since way back when GSP fought BJ Penn has there been a SUPER fight ...

and Now at UFC 158 a Super Fight between GSP and Diaz ....

.... Is that just the funniest thing you can ever hear ??? the Word Superfight and Diaz in the same Sentence ... HA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

god that was funny! ... and embarassing and Pathetic all rolled into one
OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
Tagged:

Comments

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,061Premium
    That's an insult to the natural born GOAT. GSP vs Condit was a champion vs champion superfight for the ages.

Diaz is just an annoying poo that won't flush.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • It's the best matchup in the history of matchups
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    at least this gives the Diaz fangirl club something to shove down their throats - even if it is bull****
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,258Free
    There is only one "superfighter" in this fight and it is Diaz, so its not really a "superfight"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free

That's an insult to the natural born GOAT. GSP vs Condit was a champion vs champion superfight for the ages.

Diaz is just an annoying poo that won't flush.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Too funny
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    People may disagree but Aldo vs Edgar is a superfight, No. 1 LW in the world vs No. 1 FW in the world.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
    Jbrahams said:

People may disagree but Aldo vs Edgar is a superfight, No. 1 LW in the world vs No. 1 FW in the world.

Hello

My name is reality

Reality says Edgar isn't even a lightweight and if he was he would be on a 2 fight losing streak in that weight class

You're welcome
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    Jbrahams said:

Bendo is fighting Aldo?

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

Hello

My name is reality

Reality says Edgar isn't even a lightweight and if he was he would be on a 2 fight losing streak in that weight class

You're welcome
    Reality is that Edgar won the 2nd fight, it's just that it came down to the decision of 3 retards who couldn't judge a fight to save their life
    Oh_No said:

Jbrahams said:

Bendo is fighting Aldo?

he wishes
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,428Free
    They must be going of the basis that superfight is between a champion fighting an opponent coming off a loss, hence Aldo vs Edgar (superfight in poster), which means GSP vs Diaz is a superfight. lol.

2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • CiGaNo#87CiGaNo#87 Posts: 127Free
    This is pretty funny, calling a superfight between a champ and a guy from his same division who has lost his last fight. I think that they might call it a superfight to find forgiveness on people for not making the spider fighting agains George or bones.
    HW: JDS, Pat Barry
    LHW: The Mauler, Glover Teixeira
    MW: Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen
    WW: Rory Mcdonald, Gunnar Nelson
    LW: Cowboy Cerrone, The Eagle Nurgagomedov
    FW: Cub Swanson, Korean Zombie
    BW: Michael Macdonald, Renan Barao
    FLW: Ian Mccall
    WBW: Ronda Rousey('cause she's really hot)

Kyokushinkai old school.
    edited January 2013
    Jbrahams said:

Reality is that Edgar won the 2nd fight, it's just that it came down to the decision of 3 retards who couldn't judge a fight to save their life

So what you are saying is the decision was based of off the opinion of 3 "retards" correct?

So if there were 3 other "retards" in there that judged it the other way everything would be good to go with you?

Here's some reality for you: Edgar never should have got a rematch so.........

Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    NyteRyder said:

They must be going of the basis that superfight is between a champion fighting an opponent coming off a loss, hence Aldo vs Edgar (superfight in poster), which means GSP vs Diaz is a superfight. lol.

Not even close

Neither fight is a superfight, simple as that
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • EightLimbAssassinEightLimbAssassin Posts: 576Free
    edited January 2013
    Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

Hello

My name is reality

You're welcome

Check my sig for secret text.
    Post edited by EightLimbAssassin on
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    edited January 2013
    Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

Hello

My name is reality

You're welcome

Diaz also "really" beat Condit.
    Post edited by classicboxer on
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    there is no such thing as a superfight.

the squigly red line underneath it says so.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,820Free
    penn vs gsp was a super fight and imo aldo vs edgar will be to, i beleive edgar won that last fight with benson.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    "Superfight" is quickly becoming my most hated word.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

So what you are saying is the decision was based of off the opinion of 3 "retards" correct?

So if there were 3 other "retards" in there that judged it the other way everything would be good to go with you?

No they were retards for not seeing Edgar won, I remember looking on MMAFighting on the Pros reaction after the fight and most thought Edgar won, a large amount on here thought he won, Dana thought he won because after the fight he said "I'm no judge so I won't say who I think won the fight" when he always puts his opinion in he just didn't want a third fight.

Put 3 competent judges in there (or 2, because 1 awarded it to Edgar) and i think we'd have Edgar as champ

And I agree, he shouldn't have gotten a rematch at all, Benson clearly won the first fight.

"Superfight" is quickly becoming my most hated word.

Same here

It's rediculous
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

No they were retards for not seeing Edgar won, I remember looking on MMAFighting on the Pros reaction after the fight and most thought Edgar won, a large amount on here thought he won, Dana thought he won because after the fight he said "I'm no judge so I won't say who I think won the fight" when he always puts his opinion in he just didn't want a third fight.

Put 3 competent judges in there (or 2, because 1 awarded it to Edgar) and i think we'd have Edgar as champ

And I agree, he shouldn't have gotten a rematch at all, Benson clearly won the first fight.
    So!?

You're rattling off a bunch of opinions like they matter

Let's skip the BS and I will rattle off some facts:

Aldo is fighting Edgar
    Edgar has no belt
    Edgar is on a two fight losing streak
    Edgar has never fought at 145

Real superfight
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

So!?

Aldo is fighting Edgar
    Edgar has no belt

Real superfight
    Okay so fair enough, Edgar has no belt and is on a losing streak, but how does him not having fought at 145 make it not worthy of a superfight, I can see with the other two points but that's like saying GSP has never fought at 185 so fighting Anderson isn't a superfight,

the thing is, if GSP lost to Diaz and then rematched him and lost a "controversial" decision and went up to fight Silva, that would still be marketed as a superfight
    edited January 2013
    Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

WarWest said:

Jbrahams said:

So!?

Aldo is fighting Edgar
    Edgar has no belt

Real superfight
    Okay so fair enough, Edgar has no belt and is on a losing streak, but how does him not having fought at 145 make it not worthy of a superfight, I can see with the other two points but that's like saying GSP has never fought at 185 so fighting Anderson isn't a superfight,

the thing is, if GSP lost to Diaz and then rematched him and lost a "controversial" decision and went up to fight Silva, that would still be marketed as a superfight
    Look dude, whatever. Scratch the "never fought at 145" ****, I dont care LoL

As for the second part, it would be ****ing stupid to call that a superfight

Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    Maybe superfight is getting thrown around so much because Dana wants to introduce a new term- "MEGAFIGHT" - when he announces Silva/JBJ. B-)
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

Maybe superfight is getting thrown around so much because Dana wants to introduce a new term- "MEGAFIGHT" - when he announces Silva/JBJ. B-)

ULTIMATE FIGHT?

It will be the first time in UFC history where the number 1 and 2 p4p in the world fight each other
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    lol pathetic, no longer is a superfight based on long reigning champs fighting eachother, or even former champs fighting eachother.

Its fighters who come off losses, but some fans think they shoulda won fighting the real champ.

UFC trying to dilute the term 'superfight' so that when they fail to make a real one hopefully the fans forget due to some fake-**** fight being called superfight.

UFC basically squeezing Diaz's milk for all he's worth before GSP lays him for 5 rounds, sending him on a 2 fight losing streak and into retirement again.

FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
    ^^^ From a business standpoint it makes sense. Diaz is going to be damaged goods once GSP makes him look like an inept infant girl baby. Might as well get a big PPV draw out of him now.

But anyone who considers this a superfight should be shot in the torso.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"

• cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    do you not remember that not so long ago when diaz was in strikeforce that everyone was saying diaz is the guy to beat gsp, and that gsp was scarred of him so dana would not let him back in the ufc, funny how people change their minds so quickly.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."