Comments

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    because it would allow him to tap into the asian mma scene
  • Damn flyweights are light enough. I wouldn't want any lower weight classes
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • LoL his glove flew off .....bit of a mismatch
    (x.X)Q(^.^Q) p4p ....... Weidman is a can......and Pettis will get sodomized by Aldo

What's worst a Frankie Edgar signature tantrum or the amount of butthurt this sig makes for his fanboys?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    We need a 100 lb division, that would be badass
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    so annoying...not 1 fan has ever asked for this
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,723Free
    No more weight classes!!!! Dana already made a weight class no one wants, for the love of jesus don't make another!!!
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Cole1186 said:

No more weight classes!!!! Dana already made a weight class no one wants, for the love of jesus don't make another!!!

Why dana! Why!!!!!!! No one cares at all about the flyweight division as it is. Also, you have 8 divisions, and it's the octagon (8 sides), wouldn't it be perfect to end now?

We don't need to see baby-looking guys filling up fight cards
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,756Free
    Word

Can't wait, should be great

I'm surprised this is getting so much hate
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    edited January 2013
    WarWest said:

Word

it's because no one (majority) wants to see it! they are to small, they have tiny t-rex style arms, that hold little power. And when they stand next to the ref they look like children.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    UFC is hoping to have teenagers fight
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,313Free
    I try to ignore all the complaints people have about the lighter weightclasses, but man do I have a hard time trying to enjoy them while watching.
    I lose interest really easily for some reason.

This is good for the fighters out there that are trying to succeed in this sport that fight at those weightclasses, is how I will look at it. Not for entertainment though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Word

it's because no one (majority) wants to see it! they are to small, they have tiny t-rex style arms, that hold little power. And when they stand next to the ref they look like children.
    Speak for yourself

I'm looking forward to it
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Word

Speak for yourself

I'm looking forward to it
    I told u why I don't want to see it, tell me... why do you want even smaller guys to get a weight class?
    The small divisions are exciting to me
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    I'm all for the 125 pound division, not sure if I could get behind a 115 pound division
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    It's weird to see how Dana White at one point, wanted to only stick 5 weight classes and didn't like the idea of adding more weight classes. Well, the floodgates have lifted and featherweight and flyweight were included. Now there is even a woman's division about to appear. Why not have a super heavy weight division at this point?

What changed in Dana White that they should add more weight classes? Just all about money?
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    edited January 2013
    I'd take a super heavy weight over yet another midget division all day every day.
    Post edited by Built2Destroy on
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I know i saw the TV thing with him and Chael and what's his name lol.
    It sounds more like a business than anything good for the sport.He was talking about FOX having a long term plan to grow the sport.I don't like when phrases like "Grow the sport" are used,he really means "Grow the business".
    If he or the UFC was SERIOUS about growing the sport,they would have full time top notch trainers,that teach kids and bring them up through the system.
    The truth is ,in some of these 3rd world countries,they might have to pay a few mafia pockets off,but other than that no regulations,free sailing,easy money.I can already foresee the first controversy,there will be an underage fighter get hurt and the UFC will disguise him as a 18/19 year old.Some 16 year old kid will get dumped on his head by a grown man that has cut 30 lbs to make the weight class.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    "The truth is ,in some of these 3rd world countries,they might have to pay a few mafia pockets off,but other than that no regulations,free sailing,easy money.I can already foresee the first controversy,there will be an underage fighter get hurt and the UFC will disguise him as a 18/19 year old.Some 16 year old kid will get dumped on his head by a grown man that has cut 30 lbs to make the weight class."

This is just plain ridiculous. You are ridiculous.
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    IMO if UFC is gonna add weight divisions it should be at the other end of the scale. I'd rather see a 220 - 250lb HW division and superheavy for 250+ or a 195lb division. 195 would make more sense, but tbh nobody is complaining atm so why change it. Dana just loves the sound of his own voice if you ask me.
  • LeitingLeiting Posts: 4,231Free
    edited January 2013
    Remember a few years ago, when Dana White said there would never ever be Women's MMA in the UFC as long as he is president, or how he boasted that he wasn't going to waterdown the product with too many weight classes, or how boxing was full of dubious decisions and how that wouldn't happen in the UFC, or how unlike other combat sports they were going to deliver on the Superfights everyone wanted to see, or how Kimbo would never fight under the UFC banner, or how blah-blah-blah........

Just another example of how Dana is like every other event promoter (sports, music, etc.) who's word is only good so long as they don't think they could make even a couple of bucks off it. I have to be honest here, some people see all this expansion the UFC is doing as a good thing - not me. UFC events use to be about 70% good fights, then it became like half, then it was like you'd get one great fight every card and a few decent ones, and now it's amazing if any fight on the card is more memorable than the seven-layer bean dip my friend brings (seriously, you gotta try this stuff). My point is, Dana doesn't care what he said, or what we want to see, he's going to throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately, I don't plan on sticking around for it all. Too many shows, too much hyperbole, talent spread too thin because any fighter who even begins to make any noise on the MMA scene is signed up - so instead of seeing top 10 vs top 10 for every main fight on the card, which use to happen when there was 12 or fewer events a year, we see top 20 at any given class as high as thrid billed for an event.

For a man who berated and mocked the boxing promotional system, he's doing a remarkable job of following in their footsteps.
    Post edited by Leiting on
    "God speed, and party on!" -Bas Rutten
    zaksame said:

I know i saw the TV thing with him and Chael and what's his name lol.
    It sounds more like a business than anything good for the sport.He was talking about FOX having a long term plan to grow the sport.I don't like when phrases like "Grow the sport" are used,he really means "Grow the business".
    If he or the UFC was SERIOUS about growing the sport,they would have full time top notch trainers,that teach kids and bring them up through the system.
    The truth is ,in some of these 3rd world countries,they might have to pay a few mafia pockets off,but other than that no regulations,free sailing,easy money.I can already foresee the first controversy,there will be an underage fighter get hurt and the UFC will disguise him as a 18/19 year old.Some 16 year old kid will get dumped on his head by a grown man that has cut 30 lbs to make the weight class.

It would be great if they did have a full time development league to grow into the UFC that actually worked that did train younger aspiring MMA fighters. TUF is seasonally done to my knowledge - right?
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
    Leiting said:

Remember a few years ago, when Dana White said there would never ever be Women's MMA in the UFC as long as he is president, or how he boasted that he wasn't going to waterdown the product with too many weight classes, or how boxing was full of dubious decisions and how that wouldn't happen in the UFC, or how unlike other combat sports they were going to deliver on the Superfights everyone wanted to see, or how Kimbo would never fight under the UFC banner, or how blah-blah-blah........

Just another example of how Dana is like every other event promoter (sports, music, etc.) who's word is only good so long as they don't think they could make even a couple of bucks off it. I have to be honest here, some people see all this expansion the UFC is doing as a good thing - not me. UFC events use to be about 70% good fights, then it became like half, then it was like you'd get one great fight every card and a few decent ones, and now it's amazing if any fight on the card is more memorable than the seven-layer bean dip my friend brings (seriously, you gotta try this stuff). My point is, Dana doesn't care what he said, or what we want to see, he's going to throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. Unfortunately, I don't plan on sticking around for it all. Too many shows, too much hyperbole, talent spread too thin because any fighter who even begins to make any noise on the MMA scene is signed up - so instead of seeing top 10 vs top 10 for every main fight on the card, which use to happen when there was 12 or fewer events a year, we see top 20 at any given class as high as thrid billed for an event.

For a man who berated and mocked the boxing promotional system, he's doing a remarkable job of following in their footsteps.

Exactly my point.
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    They should make a weight class where there is no weight class. If Kos wants to fight Bonnar but neither want to cut weight/gain weight this class is for them.

Mighty Mouse vs Anderson Silva
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    Personally I think there are too many weight classes as is now. I have nothing against the lighter weight classes, but the weight classes below 155 are already paper thin. They really need to bolster 125-145 before they worry about adding new weight classes.
  • J_boyJ_boy Posts: 134Registered Users
    Sure why not more fights more events maybe do 1event a week make one or two free
  • come_at_mecome_at_me Posts: 502Registered Users
    The more mexican fighters the better. They do say mexicans are the best fighters.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    LOL.....I'll watch ONE fight just to laugh at it, then I would not watch another. Now adding cruiser weight.................all for it!!