Ed Soares: "Let's do it in Brazil Weidman"

megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
edited January 2013 in UFC
http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/01/agente-de-spider-ja-admite-duelo-e-convida-luta-no-brasil-weidman.html#canal-sportv

He also explains that it was just his idea for Silva to fight Le, he explains that the media is always asking him about who's Silva fighting next and he just told them what he thought, making perfectly clear and I quote "our athletes fight whoever the UFC puts in front of them".

Dana also confirmed that this is probably the next step snce Weidman will be OK to train in just two months.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2013/01/dana-white-spider-x-weidman-esta-mais-proximo-do-que-pensam.html#canal-sportv

You asked for it Weidman now you got to walk the walk.
Post edited by megaman on

Tagged:

Comments

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    will not pay for this fight, only interested in the superfights we've been promised for a long time now
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium
    edited January 2013
    ^ Anderson vs gsp is no more a superfight then a fight between a man and an ant. GSP knows this that's why he called out Diaz.

Any Anderson fight is a one sided beatdown unless maybe he fights Jones, or a hw unless he decides to toy with his food before he eats it like what he did with Sonnen.

Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
    yeah, and I'd much rather see GSP get bummed. The UFC said these fights would happen, Weidman has not earned a shot, Silva has fought more than enough wrestlers, better wrestlers at that, no interest in Weidman. There are four Silva fights I want to see, Phillipou, Lombard, GSP, Jones. That is all
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Wow it's always under their rules isn't it? Soares and Silva (whom I am a fan of too) can just take a bloody fight, they have to plan it and choose where it's held etc.

I know Anderson is the best in the world and has earned the right to do this stuff I guess but it's just annoying
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free
    jduk said:

yeah, and I'd much rather see GSP get bummed. The UFC said these fights would happen, Weidman has not earned a shot, Silva has fought more than enough wrestlers, better wrestlers at that, no interest in Weidman. There are four Silva fights I want to see, Phillipou, Lombard, GSP, Jones. That is all

You aren't making any sense jduk.

Weidman 5-0 in the UFC and has beaten 2 top 10 fighters.
    Costa- 5-1 in the UFC and beaten 1 top 10 fighter.
    Lombard- 1-1 in the UFC and has beaten 1 top 10 fighter.

But Weidman is the one that hasn't earned a shot??? :-/
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free
    Jbrahams said:

Wow it's always under their rules isn't it? Soares and Silva (whom I am a fan of too) can just take a bloody fight, they have to plan it and choose where it's held etc.

I know Anderson is the best in the world and has earned the right to do this stuff I guess but it's just annoying

There isn't a fighter around that should be able to decide when, where, or who they fight. They can make a request but the UFC's job is to set up the fights and the fighters jobs to be prepared when they need to be.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

jduk said:

he's beaten Sonnen twice, I'm not interested in seeing him fight American wrestlers anymore
  • AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free
    Jbrahams said:

Because a lot of people don't want to see this fight (like people that would rather him fight GSP or JONES) So if Anderson is gonna fight him, he wants it to be in Brazil because he will make more money there. They will watch him fight no matter who it is he's fighting. I don't blame any fighter for milking a fight for all that it is worth.
    Even the best have their time to fall.
    the fighters make less money in Brazil, so its not about that
    well, it is, but having fights in Brazil isn't always a good thing
  • fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    jduk said:

Phillipou?! Son you should end yourself @-)
    jduk said:

jduk said:

he's beaten Sonnen twice, I'm not interested in seeing him fight American wrestlers anymore
    He isn't a "wrestler" man. He is a well rounded fighter. His bread and butter is his BJJ. He trains under Serra dude. Get your facts straight.

jduk said:

He has a great chin and is one of the best boxers in the UFC
    edited January 2013
    jduk said:

jduk said:

You say you have no desire to see Anderson fight American wrestlers. Fair enough, I could see your point if he were fighting Munoz, or Lawlor or Simpson. However I have no desire to see Anderson fight average strikers like Phillipou. I don't care if he has a titanium jaw.... Anderson will turn his lights out!

Post edited by fourthnorseman on
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Cole1186 said:

He finally says he'll fight Weidman and some of yall are still complaining? My god! :-@

if he fights Wideman, he's ducking Jones and GSP!!!!!
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    jduk said:

jduk said:

really...because being American has anything to do with it?
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Cole1186 said:

He finally says he'll fight Weidman and some of yall are still complaining? My god! :-@

It never ends, pure, blind, butthurt hatred.

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

Sisti said:

jduk said:

jduk said:

LOL! i guess when you are from the UK it does?
    Sisti said:

jduk said:

jduk said:

Yes. There are differences between American freestyle and what you see from wrestlers from other parts of the world
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,348Free
    Lol finally he will shut this guy up.Weidman will eat his words and a foot to the face!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • If Anderson Silva fights Weidman he has all my respect for stepping up
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    edited January 2013

If Anderson Silva fights Weidman he has all my respect for stepping up

Until the next guy that he doesn't want to fight, then he loses your respect again. Remember when he wouldn't give Chael a rematch? Everyone was screaming he was ducking Chael. Then he finally accepted, and people said "okay he's earned my respect now", until he turned down Weidman... then people reverted back to the whole no respect ducking notion.

It's seriously a never ending cycle. Just be happy you get to see him fight at all, he's a freak of nature, they don't come around all that often.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • jduk said:

jduk said:

Rofl.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5
    edited January 2013
    I
    Cole1186 said:

If Anderson Silva fights Weidman he has all my respect for stepping up

Until the next guy that he doesn't want to fight, then he loses your respect again. Remember when he wouldn't give Chael a rematch? Everyone was screaming he was ducking Chael. Then he finally accepted, and people said "okay he's earned my respect now", until he turned down Weidman... then people reverted back to the whole no respect ducking notion.

It's seriously a never ending cycle. Just be happy you get to see him fight at all, he's a freak of nature, they don't come around all that often.
    Its a never ending cycle because Anderson shouldn't be trying to hand pick who he fights. Its no ones fault but his. If he wasn't constantly ducking and calling out smaller guys and bums then this wouldn't be an issue. Put the blame where it belongs bro.

Again this is a big "IF" I will believe it when the fight is signed.
    Post edited by fourthnorseman on

More like stepping down. Who is this guy?

Anderson had more title defenses than he has career wins.
    Benson 1,2,3,4,5/1,3,4,5

Who is this guy?
    You'll know after the fight happens
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    makes sense, the fight could be sold easier in Brazil.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • makes sense, the fight could be sold easier in Brazil.

It's going to be a great fight
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    edited January 2013
    Anderson had 2 of his most dominant and "tooling the opponent" fights in Brazil. We either get that or we get to see Weidman make all the brazilians cry because their hero lost :)
    Post edited by ultimatefightingchamp on