Rashad Evans on Anderson Silva: "I'm not a good match-up for him. I know I would beat him."

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Too be honest I prefer seeing Evans vs. Silva than Weidman vs. Silva.

Weidman is coming off a serious injury and a long layoff, and I think he needs another fight before facing Silva at his best. Evans wrestling will give Silva a lot of problems, Evans takedowns are some of the best in MMA.

What u guys think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rashad-Evans-on-Anderson-Silva-Im-not-a-good-match-up-for-him-I-know-I-would-beat-him.html
Tagged:

Comments

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,275Free
    I think Rashad knows he will never beat Jones so he is trying Silva instead. He will lose to Silva too. He would need to lay n pray big time and make it a total snoozefest to win.
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,066Free

Too be honest I prefer seeing Evans vs. Silva than Weidman vs. Silva.

Weidman is coming off a serious injury and a long layoff, and I think he needs another fight before facing Silva at his best. Evans wrestling will give Silva a lot of problems, Evans takedowns are some of the best in MMA.

What u guys think?

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rashad-Evans-on-Anderson-Silva-Im-not-a-good-match-up-for-him-I-know-I-would-beat-him.html

Rashad is a great fighter and one of my favourite.. but I think he's just trying to bring some press here. I mean.. That IS a fight I'd love to see but to be honnest I think although it might be a hard fight for Silva, He's still the guy I'd put my money on. Rashad would be a great challenge and he would probly one of the guys to face him that had the best chance but I think his call is being foolish..

I mean.. yeah, Rashad has takedown. But to me the myth of Anderson Silva's weak TDD has been erased with his latest fights and good grapplers have been unable to take him down. He was able to stop Chael Sonnen's TD in their 2nd fight, didnt come close to being taken down by Okami or by Bonnar.. Would Rashad get a takedown or two in the fight? Most lkely.. Would that be enough? likely not..

I think at some point the fight will turn just like it always does : Rashad will come for a takedown. Stuff will get going against the fence. Silva will stay calm, get the clinch, defend the takedown, land some knees or quick elbows. At some point they will break up and Rashad's moral will get shattered. That's become a classic and I don't see what Rashad has that others didn't have before him when they tried exactly what he can bring to the table with his skillset.
  • DreamahDreamah Posts: 85Free
    I do think Rashad is a thread to Anderson. Will he win? probably not. Will anyone? probably not, until he fights Jones, then I'm leaning towards Jon. Although, we'll have to wait and see how Weidman turns out, maybe he is the next big thing, little too early to call.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,484Free
    sometimes i like rashad sometimes i dont, but i think he poses more of a threat than weidman.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 116Free
    If this fight happens we will see Rashad KO face 2.0.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,309Premium
    Rashad has a better chance then Chael ever did.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    edited January 2013
    That's dumb for Rashad to say because he got beat by Machida a MUCH inferior striker.He not only got beat ,but badly ,he looked like a complete amateur striker and sadly ,Rashad actually tries to strike in his fights.I rate Rashad's gnp about the same as Sonnen's,so useless arm swinging.Could he take him down,most likely ,but he goofs around far too long in his fights before he realizes his only talent.Perfect example was the Thiago fight,he had to get rocked before he realized,holy crap ,i better grab onto this guy.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • S6XStringzS6XStringz Posts: 1,067Free
    If he fights like Sonnen did, bullrush-all-out-trust-your-chin then perhaps he might give Silva a run for his money. Howevever, he probably will like most fighters, respect Silva too much and not utilize his wrestling to its full potential therefore he will be picked apart by Silva on the feet and lose confidence on the ground where I think Silva will sub him.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,256Free
    Rashad is a ****ing idiot LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    Rashad would get KTFO.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Rashad would lose but at least Silva wouldn't get thrown a can for once.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• Homie^ColeHomie^Cole The Wrong Side of The BedPosts: 5,837Free
    edited January 2013
    It sounds like he doesn't even believe what he's saying.I attribute this to hype, as in he's trying to hype himself up to become relevant again.
    Post edited by Homie^Cole on
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 2,008Free
    Besides Jones, Rashad is the only other fighter I would put money on beating silva. Rashad was taking down heavyweights and he manhandled a more atletic and with better wrestler than silvaas Davids. Of course silva could clip Rashad. But rashad could also land clean in silva and rashad's power >>>>>>>>>>>>> sonnen's power
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free

He would need to lay n pray big time and make it a total snoozefest to win.

agree...think he could win the fight but it would have to be by lay n pray cuz there's no way i see him beating silva by KO or flashy submission
  • _MMA_FTW__MMA_FTW_ Posts: 7,178Free
    No offense, but anyone can say they feel they are going to beat someone else. There's no value behind it.

****, I could say half the members on this forum could beat Rashad Evans, but that doesn't make that any more accurate.

It's just hyping to get a bigger pay day.
  • basementbasement Posts: 127Free
    If Thiago Silva landed on Suga im pretty sure Anderson will... and with far worse consequences for Suga!
    Favourite fighters: BJ Penn / Frank Mir / Rousimar Palhares / Diaz Brothers / Dominick Cruz.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free
    MMA_FTW said:

No offense, but anyone can say they feel they are going to beat someone else. There's no value behind it.

****, I could say half the members on this forum could beat Rashad Evans, but that doesn't make that any more accurate.

It's just hyping to get a bigger pay day.

offense taken!

jerk!
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 9,545Free

Rashad has a better chance then Chael ever did.

i agree
  • Rashad has great wrestling but I don't know if his chin would hold up for 5 rounds against the best striker on the planet, Weidman has a better submission game than Rashad so he'd be more of a threat. Rashad would have to rely on LnP
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,318Free
    Rashad would look horrible against Silva standing up and as soon as he tries to take Silva down he'll eat a knee that'll make him go into a defensive mode just like he did against Jones.

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 2,065Free
    zaksame said:

That's dumb for Rashad to say because he got beat by Machida a MUCH inferior striker.He not only got beat ,but badly ,he looked like a complete amateur striker and sadly ,Rashad actually tries to strike in his fights.I rate Rashad's gnp about the same as Sonnen's,so useless arm swinging.Could he take him down,most likely ,but he goofs around far too long in his fights before he realizes his only talent.Perfect example was the Thiago fight,he had to get rocked before he realized,holy crap ,i better grab onto this guy.

So what? Cain looked inferior when he faced JDS the first time, it happens. Evans went all five rounds against JBJ at a time JBJ was finishing everyone. I have said this for ANY fighter who faces Silva.........If you stand and trade, your gonna lose........If you take it to the ground, you have a chance. If Evans is smart he will take it to the ground and his ground and pound is greater than Sonnens. Problem is......I think the fighters want to be that first guy who rocks Silva in the stand up game, the hype would be off the charts.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 5,195Free
    megaman said:

Rashad would look horrible against Silva standing up and as soon as he tries to take Silva down he'll eat a knee that'll make him go into a defensive mode just like he did against Jones.

This. It was ridiculous that he repeatedly pawed up aginst Jones and ate an elbow every time. Rashad would get Vitor'd by Silva. Rashad is fast, but Andersons timing is too good for him.

Plus the undeniable glass chin factor...
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Wise words:

"There are three types of posters here, though some may fall into more than one of these categories.

Fight fans who come here to talk about fights, fighters, promotions and other random things with other posters they have gained a rapport with.

Retards who like to troll and flame and be generally annoying so as to gain undue attention because they have little else to offer.

And people who like to feed the retards by providing a willing and interactive audience, they also enjoy trolling and flaming but do so with sarcasm and wit."

-TheSinsterUrge
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,563Free
    Oh_No said:

If this fight happens we will see Rashad KO face 2.0.

I see no down side in this.

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,318Free
    edited February 2013

megaman said:

This. It was ridiculous that he repeatedly pawed up aginst Jones and ate an elbow every time. Rashad would get Vitor'd by Silva. Rashad is fast, but Andersons timing is too good for him.

Plus the undeniable glass chin factor...
    Oh yeah...

Evans = Fighter who gets rocked everytime he faces a striker.

Silva = Fighter who rocks/T(KO's) guys with incredible chins.

Evans + Silva + MMA Fight =
    Post edited by megaman on