Benavidez is embarassed to be at the 125 class

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/271906/Joseph-Benavidez-Not-Interested-in-UFC-115-Pound-Division.htm

I thought this was interesting...he said that at the scales when he weighs in at 125 he doesn't feel like a man, and that 115 doesn't make sense for him
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    TUF1 said:

thank god

gonna get flamed for this but i attended ufc on fox 6 in chicago last weekend and left after the 1st round of the main event to beat traffic.

I enjoy 145 and even 135 but anything lighter than that is almost unwatchable for me. I will tap to 115'ers

How does 10lbs make such a huge difference that you can go form enjoying a division to the one just down being unwatchable?
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,571Elite
    edited January 2013
    @tuf1

Really? Im surprised with it coming from you haha. I've never had a problem with the lighter dudes. I really have enjoyed pretty much every fight in that division so far. That being said I do think 125 should be the cut off for lower weight classes.
    Post edited by Hayden512 on
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I weigh 189lbs at about 15% bodyfat, 125 is the size of a child
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    TUF1 said:

TUF1 said:

thank god

gonna get flamed for this but i attended ufc on fox 6 in chicago last weekend and left after the 1st round of the main event to beat traffic.

I enjoy 145 and even 135 but anything lighter than that is almost unwatchable for me. I will tap to 115'ers

How does 10lbs make such a huge difference that you can go form enjoying a division to the one just down being unwatchable?
    idk man. it's more about the depth of the division. 135 is pretty thin as it is but 125 is a bit of a joke. I have no desire to see MM defend his belt repeatedly against Joey B and Dodson. I just don't see it getting much deeper either as 125lbs is just not a natural weight for a person. I just don't see the division lasting so it just seems kind of pointless watching it imo. Same with womens divisions. I don't think they will last so i have little interest.
    it's mostly this for me too

i just don't have interest in the fighters the same way I do for LW or MW

fighters make the division, and so far the fighters at flyweight have not developed into huge fan favorites. i am starting to kinda like a few fighters there, but the depth of the division isn't even close to the original divisions
    TUF1 said:

PATSTER said:

TUF1 said:

thank god

That's completely retarded

The main event was a great fight
    agreed. I enjoy their fights as much as any other division I just don't see the division lasting so it just seems kind of pointless. Love your av/sig these days by the way
    lol i still think the best av bet ever was jonbonesjones fan av...it was gay pride and a picture

for the longest time i thought he was a gay poster until he wrote in one post that it was a bet he lost

the best things about those are that most people will see it and not realize that it was because they lost a bet
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    Awwwwwwwwwww

Poor widdle guy doesn't wike being so small?

Get over it, you're a badass. Who cares if you're small
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

Average/Large size people?
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    edited January 2013
    Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

OR Morons who think they'd have a chance in a fight against Benavidez. Would love to see some fat *** drunk eating some nachos get flatlined by Joe B
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,719Free
    edited January 2013
    Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

LoL

I'm 6'1" and 225 so......

And I don't give two ****s about his size, he's a ****ing beast

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

OR Morons who think they'd have a chance in a fight against Benavidez. Would love to see some fat *** drunk eating some nachos get flatlined by Joe B
    And this ^^^
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • J_boyJ_boy Posts: 134Registered Users
    The lighter classes will bring in more asian fighters who are just to small to fight at a bigger weight most asian are around 5'6 and 140 there just not as big as other people but the have really good fights it will take time to get the division established
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,719Free
    edited January 2013

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

Poor widdle guy doesn't w a

being so small?

WarWest said:

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

LoL

I'm 6'1" and 225 so......

And I don't give two ****s about his size, he's a ****ing beast

Cole1186 said:

WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

And this ^^^
    Im only 5'10 170 and I really don't mind the size difference, I actually enjoyed Dodson v MM. But that has been the only MM fight I enjoyed. Joey B is fun to watch, as well as Uncle Creepy. But that's it, it's just those four fighters, and we've seen MM beat them all already. now it's time for rematchs, and that's that shi t I don't like.
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
    WarWest said:

Awwwwwwwwwww

lol
    Instead of adding a lower weight class where fighters have to lose an insanely unhealthy amount of weight, why not just put policies in play that make people fight closer to their ACTUAL weight. As it is now, there are no fighters that weigh even less than 140, they all have to cut at least 15 pounds to make 125 lol. doesn't make much sense to add a 115 class when there's not even 1 legit well-known fighter that weighs less than 130
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    if you dont feel like a man being that small then you have issues

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    Sisti said:

TUF1 said:

PATSTER said:

TUF1 said:

thank god

That's completely retarded

The main event was a great fight
    agreed. I enjoy their fights as much as any other division I just don't see the division lasting so it just seems kind of pointless. Love your av/sig these days by the way
    lol i still think the best av bet ever was jonbonesjones fan av...it was gay pride and a picture

for the longest time i thought he was a gay poster until he wrote in one post that it was a bet he lost

the best things about those are that most people will see it and not realize that it was because they lost a bet
    i am gay bro
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • I like the flyweight division but i dont expect to see that many k o wins in it, more likely to be decision wins untill we get a flyweight version of palhares or someone who has some super knockout power. kind of like chess at the moment which i like thou.
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free
    Well, no wonder he trains at a gym called Alpha Male. The guy lacks confidence in himself.
  • I'm pretty sure Benavidez was being sarcastic / trying to be funny. He's a cool guy
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    A midget man is still a man, a giant retarded man is still a man, a man who has everything is still only a man.
    Being a man isn't about strength or respect, it's about what you can do, and know how to do it.
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    edited February 2013
    hes just embarrased to fight midgets thats all.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion