Urijah Faber on Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar: "I think Aldo wins."

TrollsmasherTrollsmasher Posts: 385Free
Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Urijah-Faber-on-Jose-Aldo-vs-Frankie-Edgar-I-think-Aldo-wins.html

I disagree with Faber, I think Edgar is going to shock the world, but you can't blame him for picking Aldo after that beating he gave him in the WEC.

But it should be one hell of a match up, especially since Aldo has been focusing on his cardio. u guys seen this video?

Tagged:

Comments

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    I don't know about Aldo's Cardio but this is the first time that Aldo seems scared before the fight. I am leaning toward Edgar to be honest.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    I wanna see Edgar vs. Faber, at some point.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
    Edgar is in a world of trouble I seriously see Aldo finishing this fight.....
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    Of course Faber says that, Aldo kicked his ****. That's how it usually works, you favour the guy that beat you.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Faber would smash Edgar if they ever fought

It's no surprise that Faber thinks Aldo will win, he's smart
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • dumbkidsthesedaysdumbkidsthesedays Posts: 1,088Free
    Edgar takes this fight easily.
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Everyone is counting out Edgar, it's kind of silly really. The dude has GREAT hands and footwork, lacks the power I know, but there's no denying his boxing which is superior to Aldo's. Aldo has the kicks, explosiveness and the BJJ advantage, but the wrestling,conditioning,boxing goes to Edgar. I couldn't help but notice the size difference next to Aldo, man. He ALWAYS fights guys that are a legit weightclass or 2 above him and still he manages to pull it off. My money is on Edgar this fight. Mixes up boxing and takedowns, wears Aldo out and takes the UD.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    Going with Aldo via TKO victory in the 2nd round.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    creep_bb said:

I couldn't help but notice the size difference next to Aldo, man. He ALWAYS fights guys that are a legit weightclass or 2 above him and still he manages to pull it off.

Exactly!
    The lightweights were way bigger than Edgar, but Aldo is the size of a lightweight as well. Edgar AGAIN is the smaller guy, again with a reach disadvantage. And there is plenty of featherweights Aldo's size.

Edgar is the same size as Urijah Faber, although still - Faber has an inch longer reach.
    Renan Barao is also taller and has a larger reach than Edgar. And those are obviously bantamweights.

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    edited February 2013
    najma said:

creep_bb said:

I couldn't help but notice the size difference next to Aldo, man. He ALWAYS fights guys that are a legit weightclass or 2 above him and still he manages to pull it off.

Exactly!
    The lightweights were way bigger than Edgar, but Aldo is the size of a lightweight as well. Edgar AGAIN is the smaller guy, again with a reach disadvantage. And there is plenty of featherweights Aldo's size.

Edgar is the same size as Urijah Faber, although still - Faber has an inch longer reach.
    Renan Barao is also taller and has a larger reach than Edgar. And those are obviously bantamweights.

Even at a weightclass lower the whining never stops. Aldo isn't even much bigger than Edgar is he? They look about the same Aldo is just taller.

Jeez. Stop making excuses for Edgar...it'll be nice to see him face down on the canvas:)
    Post edited by FroZeN on
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    FroZeN said:

najma said:

creep_bb said:

Exactly!

Even at a weightclass lower the whining never stops. Aldo isn't even much bigger than Edgar is he? They look about the same Aldo is just taller.

Jeez. Stop making excuses for Edgar...it'll be nice to see him face down on the canvas:)
    This ^^^ 100%
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    Shock the world? Edgar is only a slight underdog in the fans poll.

1. Did you see how many times Edgar almost get KO, but didn't, he recovers real well.
    2. Did you see he took down BJ Penn and Gray Maynard? Both have excellent TDD.
    3. Did you see how good he is at catching kicks in the Benson fights?

It will be a mistake for Aldo to try and kick, he will get taken down, no doubt. Question is can he get up?
    On feet, Frankie has better boxing and quicker, more durable.

Aldo will lose! Bet the farm!
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
  • mmafan73mmafan73 Posts: 7,911Free
    Aldo is going to **** edgar with no lube...face down **** up on the canvas
    I love to be between a mans strong legs just like my Boyfriend Chael does

Sonnen made me believe the hype but Silva showed me the light...BruteDion's 19th victim
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    LOL. That video was terrible.
    Believe in Beard
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,290Free
    dem leg kicks

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    The only time i'll agree with WarWest in my entire life is him saying that Faber would destroy Edgar. Edgar would probably die in that fight.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    najma said:

creep_bb said:

Exactly!

Speaks to Edgar's greatness that he was able to ragdoll Benson in a lot of their wrestling exchanges.

The difference in size between Aldo and Edgar, though, isn't really significant. Frankie could probably throw him across the octagon, since he's so used to duking it out with bigger men.