UFC 156 - "lay and pray"

the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,068Premium
Fighters known to use lay and pray to win fights:

Rashad (early ufc fights, post Machida excluding Tito)
Jon Fitch
Glieson Tibau
Tyron Woodley
Jacob Volkmann

Even Overeem lay and pray'd Werdum in the rematch.

Then you've got Frankie's in and out tag game style.

This event could turn out really "technical", anyone else think this event could possibly turn out to be a long night?
^ I agree.
2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,626Free
    edited February 2013
    You forgot the possibility Big Foot laying on Overeem, no TDD to be seen from Overeem. Although Big Foot may choose to beat him up standing like Werdum did
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,068Premium
    Does bigfoot use lay and pray?
    ^ I agree.

I saw him laying and praying in the Cain fight. He was also choking on his own blood, dude's a multi-tasker.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    Rofl

Overeem L&P'd Werdum in the rematch!?

If I was a lesser man I would tag that as troll

But I wouldn't do that, I love you and want our relationship to blossom like a flower in a dew covered meadow during sunrise
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    :D
    ^ I agree.

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free

:D

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,413Free
    edited February 2013
    I did have a strange feeling there might be a lot of boring fights on this card Fitch, Volkmann, Woodley and Rashad are notorious for it but I think their opponents will make these fights actually pretty exciting to watch, Maia's ground skills should make there fight very interesting, Volkmann actually impressed me in his last fight which was surprising.

I expect Rashad will try to (probably succeed) lay on Nog and Woodley will try the same with Heiron.

Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Rashad, Fitch and Woodley will definately try to lay n pray....the question is will their opponent let them?

Bigfoot will try to TD Reem...but if he does TD Reem he definately won't lay n pray imo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 962Free

Fighters known to use lay and pray to win fights:

Rashad (early ufc fights, post Machida excluding Tito)i
    Jon Fitch
    Glieson Tibau
    Tyron Woodley
    Jacob Volkmann

Then you've got Frankie's in and out tag game style.

This event could turn out really "technical", anyone else think this event could possibly turn out to be a long night?

IT MIGHT HAVE POTENTIAL ,I THINK FITCH AND MAIA WILL BE AN INTERESTING FIGHT.EDGAR AND ALDO COULD BE EPIC TOO.AND REALLY HOPING BIGFOOT PULLS OFF THE UPSET ON THAT ARROGANT ****
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    I think the only fight on the main card that could be boring is Rashad vs Lil Nog
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • CyberSlayerCyberSlayer Posts: 3,377Registered Users
    Question??If Fitch KOs Maia will he have his own bandwagon again on the forums??
    When you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced.Live your life so that when you die,the world cries and you rejoice.White Elk.

BROCKSMASH a true legend of the UFC forums

Question??If Fitch KOs Maia will he have his own bandwagon again on the forums??

yes.
    ^ I agree.

He already regained popularity with fight with Erick Silva
  • CyberSlayerCyberSlayer Posts: 3,377Registered Users
    edited February 2013
    I haven't seen the fight,so I'm in the dark on how much people say his striking has improved..(Edit)After looking this event up I did see 153,I must've stepped out to burn one because I wasn't expecting much that fight & wanted a buzz before the Teixeira fight..
    Post edited by CyberSlayer on
    When you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced.Live your life so that when you die,the world cries and you rejoice.White Elk.

BROCKSMASH a true legend of the UFC forums
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,413Free

I haven't seen the fight,so I'm in the dark on how much people say his striking has improved..(Edit)After looking this event up I did see 153,I must've stepped out to burn one because I wasn't expecting much that fight & wanted a buzz before the Teixeira fight..

His striking hasn't improved from what I saw he used his usual gameplan of control but E.Silva put up a pretty good fight until he got tired so the fight was actually exciting.. that's how I saw it anyway.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    edited February 2013
    The Fitch/Silva fight was exciting because of the grappling war they put on. If I remember correctly Silva had Fitch in a bad RnC and somehow Fitch was able to get out. If it woulda been anybody other then Fitch the fight would of been over. His sub defense is excellent.

I highly doubt we will see Fitch get a KO anytime soon. He doesn't attack with strikes to get the KO.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• fourthnorsemanfourthnorseman Posts: 4,244Free
    PoloRidah said:

The Fitch/Silva fight was exciting because of the grappling war they put on. If I remember correctly Silva had Fitch in a bad RnC and somehow Fitch was able to get out. If it woulda been anybody other then Fitch the fight would of been over. His sub defense is excellent.

I highly doubt we will see Fitch get a KO anytime soon. He doesn't attack with strikes to get the KO.
    If Maia gets that deep of a RNC on Fitch there is no **** way in hell he is getting out of it.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free

PoloRidah said:

If Maia gets that deep of a RNC on Fitch there is no **** way in hell he is getting out of it.

You are probably right. Maia made Rick Story bleed without even hitting him in the face once. Blood by squeeeeeeeeeze! LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Techn0VikingTechn0Viking Posts: 702Free

Werdum was doing the most of the laying 'n praying though...
    werdum lnp.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 205K
  • creep_bbcreep_bb Posts: 121Free
    Werdum laid'n'prayed himself to an UD loss that fight. One of the most embaracing fights I've ever seen.
    On-topic: This card is pretty sick. I think Rashad will wrestle his way to a boring UD win, but the rest of the fights will be good imo. I'm especially curious of the Fitch - Maia bout, believe it or not :P. The Hulk vs Bigfoot, and Edgar is always in awesome fights, so... I think you're wrong.
    JDS Reem Machida Hendo Bones Shogun Rampage Wandy Spider Leben Hardy Rory Daley Diaz bros. Pettis Lauzon J.Miller Pearson Frankie Siver Cub Faber Barao Dodson