DW Wants Anderson to Fight at Light Heavyweight

TUF1_TUF1_ Posts: 1,443Free
I agree but I don't think he needs to work his way up. If Penn can get a shot at GSP after only one title defense and being on a 2 fight losing streak in the division one already being to GSP, I think Silva deserves a shot unless it's just his way of trying to coax Silva.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-would-like-to-see-anderson-silva-make-run-at-light-heavyweight

Tagged:

Comments

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    TUF1 said:

I agree but I don't think he needs to work his way up. If Penn can get a shot at GSP after only one title defense and being on a 2 fight losing streak in the division one already being to GSP, I think Silva deserves a shot unless it's just his way of trying to coax Silva.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-would-like-to-see-anderson-silva-make-run-at-light-heavyweight

2 fight losing streak, 1 being a fight with GSP where he beat GSP up worse than anyone had ever done before gassing & still winning the fight in many people eyes, 2 being a title shot took on two weeks notice where he was destroying Hughes(again) before again gassing.
    Prior to that his only fight was a 1st round whooping of the then dominant champ Hughes.

No need to discredit how good Penn was thought to be when fighting GSP the 2nd time.

Anderson doesn't get a shot at Jones because he doesn't want one. If he came out and said he wanted to fight Jones then the fight would happen.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free
    edited February 2013
    There isn't a fight in MW and LHW that Anderson Silva wouldn't go into as a favourite. That's a fact. So him needing to work his way up is a silly concept.
    Post edited by najma on
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    najma said:

There isn't a fight in MW and LHW that Anderson Silva wouldn't go into as a favourite. That's a fact. So him needing to work his way up is a silly concept.

The Jones fight would be close. I don't know if he would be the betting favorite or not.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    instant title shot or dont bother.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• come_at_mecome_at_me Posts: 502Registered Users
    That would be awesome. I know he would beat Bones he needs to do this.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    No......two of Dana fav fighters, he doesn't want them facing each other YET........Let Silva fight Evans or Davis or other top LHW before the two top dogs clash, assuming Silva can handle top LHW fighters, not James Irvin class fighters.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 961Free
    najma said:

Anderson SAYS HE WANTS BIG FIGHTS yet he wants absolutly nothing to do with Jon Jones,Hell he doesnt even wanna fight Weidman.But he openly said he would be interested in fighting Nick Diaz or Cung Lee..........I THINK ANDERSON IS THE BEST FIGHTER TO ever ENTER THE OCTAGON, BUT IT also SEEMS AS IF HE DOESNT WANT BIG FIGHTS , JUST BIG CASH. PEOPLE TALK ABOUT GSP DUCKING SILVA ,BUT IT SEEMS TO ME SILVA IS PROTECTIVE OF HIS LEGACY ALSO.

najma said:

The Jones fight would be close. I don't know if he would be the betting favorite or not.
    I think Jones would be a slight favorite because of his wresling and size advantage .Techniquelly he could take Silva down and keep him there.WE WILL NEVER SEE THIS FIGHT!!
    ThePack19 said:

No......two of Dana fav fighters, he doesn't want them facing each other YET........Let Silva fight Evans or Davis or other top LHW before the two top dogs clash, assuming Silva can handle top LHW fighters, not James Irvin class fighters.

**** HE WOULD MAKE THAT FIGHT YESTERDAY IF THEY WANTED IT.He's been promising it ,and it's the biggest fight out there.A warmup fight at LHW for Silva could only act as a spoiler........LIKE ANDERSON HAS TO PROVE HIS WORTH FOR A LHW TITLE SHOT
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Yes he does need to prove his worth.........it was not proven when he fought James Irvin....LMAO.....then Griffin who fell from itty bitty jabs, lmao....then bonnar who was ranked what?? Had too many things on his mind. Silva is so confident he should be calling out Evans or Davis or Gus.....but no let's call out Franklin or Cung Lee! LMAO
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    edh1 said:

najma said:

Anderson SAYS HE WANTS BIG FIGHTS yet he wants absolutly nothing to do with Jon Jones,Hell he doesnt even wanna fight Weidman.But he openly said he would be interested in fighting Nick Diaz or Cung Lee..........I THINK ANDERSON IS THE BEST FIGHTER TO ever ENTER THE OCTAGON, BUT IT also SEEMS AS IF HE DOESNT WANT BIG FIGHTS , JUST BIG CASH. PEOPLE TALK ABOUT GSP DUCKING SILVA ,BUT IT SEEMS TO ME SILVA IS PROTECTIVE OF HIS LEGACY ALSO.
    dafaq you talking about Silva said he would fight Jones
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • BirdhoundBirdhound Posts: 301Free
    edited February 2013
    chanman20 said:

edh1 said:

najma said:

dafaq you talking about Silva said he would fight Jones

If Silva wants to fight Jones the why didn't he move up to 205 over a year ago when he cleared out 185? Getting a bit tired of stating the obvious in thread after thread on this topic, but if Silva wants to fight Jones all he has to do is move up. He can handle most of the top guys at LHW without gaining too much lean muscle, so he can take out Evans, Davies, Mousasi etc. for a few fights and then fight Jones in a year when he has gained the weight properly. IMO hes too comfortable at MW and getting paid too much to take fights he can win pretty easily. He knows Dana will keep hyping him whatever happens, so why risk his 'legacy' by taking fights where he would actually have a chance of losing (especially after fighting washed up fighters cans for the last 3 or 4 years)?
    Post edited by Birdhound on
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Once in a blue moon Dana makes sense.I said it long ago ,Silva not only should be at least fighting at 205,he could have had THREE belts at the same time,until Jones came along.Now Silva will have to be second fiddle at 205.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    who can do a gif where The ROCK SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT DANAS SAYS...ETC etc :))
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,836Free
    edited February 2013
    if seagal told him to fight at lhw he would be doing it by now.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    i think he would want to fight jones in his last fight coz really if he beat him what else is there left to do
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 808Free
    Whoever can knock out Jones unconscious for ten minutes is fine with me. If it's Silva it's better, we need Jones as ancient history.
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 443Free
    Silva will go to 205 after Jones leaves for HW. If they would fight each other, Silva would win.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,836Free
    machida doesnt want silva at lhw
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Thing is Silva always struggles against wrestlers & Jones is much,much bigger & leagues apart in term of skill from anyone Anderson has faced.
    Although someone with Andersons skill set can KO anybody, I think this fight is the worst match imaginable for Anderson. that's why he doesn't call out bones. if he did then the fight would happen.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell