Anyone else think Edgar got robbed?

Centurion480Centurion480 Posts: 1,175Free
I know Edgar is a magnet for controversy but I think he won 3 4 and 5.

Its a shame the guy fights his heart out and gets screwed over by the judges.
A kitten dies every time someone says "Its MMA, anything can happen".

Tagged:

Comments

• trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free
    I dunno about robbed, but yes personally i gave him 3,4 and 5... 4 and 5 no doubt 3 could be argued either way so I can't say it was a terrible decision but yes personally I gave the fight to Edgar
    text
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,603Free
    No.
    Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

• megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited February 2013
    I got an idea...

How about actually being dominant or better yet... FINISHING the other fighter so that the judges don't have anything to do with it.
    Post edited by megaman on

• Centurion480Centurion480 Posts: 1,175Free
    megaman said:

I got an idea...

How about actually being dominant or better yet... FINISHING the other fighter so that the judges don't have anything to do with it.

What the hell do you think they were trying to do? Both guys would have liked to finish but when you have 2 world class fighters going at it, you're going to have a close fight sometimes. It would be incredibly ignorant to justify a bad judging job with that kind of excuse.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,588Free
    I could have seen it going either way because of how close 3 and 5 were. I definitely wouldn't say robbed.
  • ChickletsChicklets Posts: 168Free
    i gave him 3,4 and 5 but the 3rd was could have went either way. I gave it to Frankie and I was going for Aldo...
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds...( sig expires march 17/2014)
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited February 2013

megaman said:

I got an idea...

What the hell do you think they were trying to do? Both guys would have liked to finish but when you have 2 world class fighters going at it, you're going to have a close fight sometimes. It would be incredibly ignorant to justify a bad judging job with that kind of excuse.

For the first two rounds I saw a dominant fighter taking the other fighter to town, then I saw a fighter trying to outpoint the other and score TD's for the sake of grabbing some points.

There's a difference.
    Post edited by megaman on

• 1,2,3 (barely) to Aldo and 4, 5 to Edgar. Good fight, but was a bit disappointed with Aldo, hit him with the harder shots, gassed and let Edgar control the action. Thought he almost gifted the belt away. Either way, props to both fighters.
  • Nah judges got it right this time. He might have gotten 2 takedowns but he couldnt do anything with it. Fighters going for takedowns just for points dont deserve points for it unless they do some sort of damage like submission attempts or at least ground and pound.
  • MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free

Not by any means

Aldo 1,2,3,5

This
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,571Elite
    If you think Edgar won the fight you're blind. And I wanted Edgar to win bad!
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Hayden512 said:

Not really. 3 and 5 were close rounds. Aldo definitely got 1 and 2 and Edgar definitely got 4.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,803Free
    megaman said:

I got an idea...

How many lighter weight title fights have ended in a finish recently? The judging needs to be better and the fact your fighter got the decision doesn't excuse that.
    megaman said:

megaman said:

I got an idea...

For the first two rounds I saw a dominant fighter taking the other fighter to town, then I saw a fighter trying to outpoint the other and score TD's for the sake of grabbing some points.

There's a difference.
    I saw a Champ get tired after the first 2 rounds and then Edgar capitalizing on it. If you think for a second that Edgar's punches didn't have bad intentions behind then then something is probably wrong with you. You can't go out there and knock a guys head off every time. That's not how this sport works. Some fights are close because both guys are striving toward the same goal.

And then "take downs for points" really? Aldo got back up because Aldo is GOOD at getting back up. Edgar was trying to hold him down but couldn't. He still landed it and it still counts.

Edgar edged him out in 3 . 4 and 5 were also his. Good fight though.

12er said:

megaman said:

I got an idea...

How many lighter weight title fights have ended in a finish recently? The judging needs to be better and the fact your fighter got the decision doesn't excuse that.
    ^

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,253Free
    EdGOAT clearly won
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TheBerserkHOBOTheBerserkHOBO Posts: 24Free
    edited February 2013
    12er said:

megaman said:

I got an idea...

Well at least try to do some damage to the opponent. His fight with Benson left him bruised up all over and benson without a scratch...
    Same as this fight... Edgar face busted up ...Aldo.. well not fresh coz of that scar from his childhood lol.
    Post edited by TheBerserkHOBO on
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Aldo 1 2 3 5
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,571Elite

Hayden512 said:

Not really. 3 and 5 were close rounds. Aldo definitely got 1 and 2 and Edgar definitely got 4.
    I just don't think I would feel right seeing Edgar win that. I gave the first three to Aldo. Edgar put on a fight but none of the shots he landed packed the power of the shots Edgar landed. They're faces tell the story.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• crangscrangs Posts: 4,243Free
    No, not really. Maybe robbed a round by a couple of judges but the end decision was right
  • Mambo123Mambo123 Posts: 313Free
    Not robbed at all. This is a recurring trend with Edgar, his fights are always so close, all decisions. He may land a few more pitter patter shots but his opponent never looks like he's been in a fight while Edgar is all busted up.

Let's say he won rounds 4 and 5 and 3 is up in the air. It's still too close to take the belt from someone. You need to clearly beat the champ in order to take his belt.

12er said:

megaman said:

I got an idea...

Well at least try to do some damage to the opponent. His fight with Benson left him bruised up all over and benson without a scratch...
    Same as this fight... Edgar face busted up ...Aldo.. well not fresh coz of that scar from his childhood lol.
    We're not talking' about his fight with Benson. Aldo stood there doing his best Rashad vs Nog impression for most of the last 3 rounds. Edgar doesn't have power, but he def controlled the action the last 3 rounds and if the fight continued after the 5th Aldo would have quit or keeled over.
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,057Premium
    I felt Aldo won rds 1 and 2 decisively, rd 3 was closer but still Aldo... rd 4 was harder to judge, Frankie was more active, but aldo landed the only strikes that actually did any type of damage at all.

Rd 5 I gave to Frankie, not as decisively as the first 2 rounds were for Aldo. Overall Aldo got the better of that fight and I'm glad the scores actually reflected that.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
    Mambo123 said:

Not robbed at all. This is a recurring trend with Edgar, his fights are always so close, all decisions. He may land a few more pitter patter shots but his opponent never looks like he's been in a fight while Edgar is all busted up.

Let's say he won rounds 4 and 5 and 3 is up in the air. It's still too close to take the belt from someone. You need to clearly beat the champ in order to take his belt.

No, you don't. Winning a title is no different than winning any other fight besides it's 5 rounds. You don't have to do anything special to win it.
    edited February 2013
    Hayden512 said:

Hayden512 said:

I just don't think I would feel right seeing Edgar win that. I gave the first three to Aldo. Edgar put on a fight but none of the shots he landed packed the power of the shots Edgar landed. They're faces tell the story.

"I said this in another thread, the damage at the end of 5 rounds doesn't tell the story. The cardio does. If we're in a street fight and you break my nose and blacken my eye but then fall over from exhaustion, you're going to get face stomped into a coma.
    Post edited by 12er on
  • 12er said:

12er said:

megaman said:

I got an idea...

We're not talking' about his fight with Benson. Aldo stood there doing his best Rashad vs Nog impression for most of the last 3 rounds. Edgar doesn't have power, but he def controlled the action the last 3 rounds and if the fight continued after the 5th Aldo would have quit or keeled over.

Dont say if this if that... just accept the fact he clearly lost... imagine me saying if only it was a 3 round fight.. would u still say edgar won?
    I dont disrespect edgar. He has heart and stamina for sure but for me. I believe judges shouldnt grant points for fighters who just go for takedowns just for points, unless they do some damage with it. dont u agree?
  • dajazzadajazza Posts: 24Free
    Who cares who won? I just saw an under dog give one of the P4P's best a run for his money. Edgar should be proud of performance, even tho he loss. Great fight. Aldo won IMO. The fight we should discuss about is the horrible co-main and the division shocker by Big Foot.