Aftermath of UFC 156 gloomy

bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
A lot of exciting things on the horizon have been buried by the results tonight.

No Silva vs. Evans -- MW contenders dropping like flies, as Silva maintains disinterest in Weidman

No Cain vs. Reem -- HW continues to look shallow with Cormier moving down and Reem dopping the ball

Nothing interesting happening at FW, at all, now that Jose retained his title against a P4P GOAT who was looking to shake things up

Tagged:

Comments

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,091Free
    Aldo vs Bendo at LW then back down to beat Zombie.

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    P4P GOAT Edgar or Aldo? It's clear no one in the entire UFC organization has said, implied or even thought about Edgar being considered P4P. He is a touch kid, no doubt, but he's probably got to drop to 125 or 135 to have any power whatsoever, which you need to win fights.
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    The guy knocked out Maynard and clipped Aldo more than a few times.
    He's not big Hendo or lil Hendo by any means but he's fighting world class athletes who are paid a lot of money to not get hit in the face
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
    bluesy said:

A lot of exciting things on the horizon have been buried by the results tonight.

No Silva vs. Evans -- MW contenders dropping like flies, as Silva maintains disinterest in Weidman

No Cain vs. Reem -- HW continues to look shallow with Cormier moving down and Reem dopping the ball

Nothing interesting happening at FW, at all, now that Jose retained his title against a P4P GOAT who was looking to shake things up

Yea i agree, to me, this night was a very bad blow for the UFC
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
    Only blow to the UFC is Overeem losing which I wanted. They shouldn't have to count on Rashad to save the MW division which now with HW are so bad, they need to debate shutting them down.
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,431Free
    Wow, According to KFLO, Pettis texted DW asking for ALDO at 145. SICK FIGHT!
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 10,988Free
    Dana must be pissed, the press conference is over. Maybe I was late turning it on but that must have been a short one. Reem vs jds is a big fight that makes sense though. Not all is lost.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer

and so continues the line butting travesties of 2013
    Reem vs JDS, that does **** sound good. Let BigFoot and Cain rematch while Overrated Reem and JDS fight omfg, that sounds AUSOME!
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    I was just thinking this....

Also add one of the easier to market guys lost in Rashad Evans

Lil nog has no hype nor any marketing behind him lol
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

who is the clear cut #1 contender that even has a shot at beating Aldo @ 145?

I can't name a clear cut contender for any divisions title
    still doesnt mean fighters should be getting the impression that they can just switch weight classes for easy title shots (not fights, shots)

if I had to pick I'd say that Korean Zombie deserves the shot, but he's been out too long. Lamas looks good but I say have him fight Siver first
    Swanson and Porier are both looking good but Porier just lost to KZ and Swanson already lost to Aldo in like less than a minute.

**** it Mike Brown is coming back soon give him the shot lol

I can't name a clear cut contender for any divisions title
    still doesnt mean fighters should be getting the impression that they can just switch weight classes for easy title shots (not fights, shots)

if I had to pick I'd say that Korean Zombie deserves the shot, but he's been out too long. Lamas looks good but I say have him fight Siver first
    Swanson and Porier are both looking good but Porier just lost to KZ and Swanson already lost to Aldo in like less than a minute.

**** it Mike Brown is coming back soon give him the shot lol
    I see where you are coming from. But I don't think the Zombie is ready, and I am a Big fan. Mike Brown would need a tune up or 2.

Also Pettis is waiting for Benson. But Pettis fighting Aldo would be another great fight. Also no waiting. Plus I really don't see anyone screaming for a shot at Aldo other than Pettis now. I understand being repectful, but fighters gotta start opening their mouths and make some noise about what they want.

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    but hey. on the plus side at least rematch frankie didnt win in another gift wrapped title opportunity. or did he??
    p4p legend? oh get out of here. he's lost 3 in a row now, cut him.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate

P4P GOAT Edgar or Aldo? It's clear no one in the entire UFC organization has said, implied or even thought about Edgar being considered P4P. He is a touch kid, no doubt, but he's probably got to drop to 125 or 135 to have any power whatsoever, which you need to win fights.

you realise he finished Maynard right? And who else has other than Maynard himself? lol
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • UncleScaryUncleScary Posts: 8Elite
    I don't know what his status is (i.e. retiring or not), but I'd like to see Carwin take on Overeem.
    Dana: "Frank Shamrock came out with a statement the other day and wants to fight me. You know what I mean? Give me a f---ing break. The guy is a clown. I just have no respect for Frank Shamrock. That's the difference. Couture, I don't respect him at all – not even a little bit..."

Rick James: "See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free

I don't know what his status is (i.e. retiring or not), but I'd like to see Carwin take on Overeem.

I'd love to see Carwin come back and knock Overeem silly. Overeem is so damn cocky I just love watching him get knocked silly, especially because it's obvious from his record that his chin isn't so solid but he thinks he's god.